4

"There are two kinds of guilt: the kind that drowns you until you're useless, and the kind that fires your soul to purpose"

-Sabaa Tahir-
~~~

Yoongi

My Life

Do I even have the right to say those words? Because I think The Great Mighty Guy doesn't even think that I deserve one. Practically, I have no life. It was taken away from me since the day I lost him. I was the cause of this endless painful drama. My fetus and foolish version of me are the reasons why all of this shit happened. As much as I want to believe what they - the policeman, the doctors, my parents, and his parents - said, that I did nothing wrong, the guilty feeling of mine strongly refuses to leave me.

In fact, it's growing inside me.

And that girl is the fertilizer. Kim Soomin.

Every time I was around her, I could easily sense her anger and hatred towards me. Tell me, how can I ignore that and have a good life without feeling guilty?

Sigh. That sucks, I know.

Actually, she was a cheerful, energetic, and lively little girl. Well, basically, if you just named all of the positive words, you'd get Soomin as the right representation of it. And that was freaking annoying. Very annoying.

How was it that a very noisy, curious, and hyperactive nine-year-old bouncy girl was always finding her own way to put her nose into other people's business?

That little duck never failed to give me a headache.

And the grown up version of her is not even better. Instead of growing up beautifuly like a swan, she turned herself into a black ugly duck with a very bad anger management.

She is scary.

Thanks to my guilty feeling, I can tolerate her for all these years. That guilty feeling is like a fire that ignites my courage to face her, to deal with her, and to be around her. And, on top of that, the main reason is because I am a man, and a man never takes back his words.

I, Min Yoongi, will always be your faithful knight and protect you for the rest of my existence in this planet named earth.

~~~

"Good evening, Mr. Kim," Yoongi greeted Mr. Kim, who was enjoying his coffee on the porch.

"Good evening, Yoong-"

"I'm going, Dad," she cut Mr. Kim's words and pecked his cheek before taking a little run out of the house yard without even bothering to look at the boy standing in front of her.

"See you later, Mr. Kim," Yoongi excused himself and ran to catch up with Soomin's pace. But after 5 minutes of running, he gave up.

"Could you slow down a bit?!"

"Tired already? You're surely getting old," she stopped and turned around to see Yoongi panting so hard with both hands on his knees.

"Hurry up! I'm getting late for my shift. I don't want to be fired from my part-time job because of you," she said to him impatiently and left him behind.

"Tck! Why the hell do you have to work at that 24-hour convenience store?! You could just work at Jimin's coffee shop. It's nearer and has no night shift. Plus, he's not gonna fire you even if you take an absence for a month!" he complained while wiping a drip of sweat from his forehead.

"Did you just yell at me?" Soomin stopped her steps and stared at him sharply. "If you hate it, then stop sending me off to work," she continued.

Sigh. "Come on," Yoongi took a deep breath and ruffled Soomin's hair lightly.

"No, seriously, when will you stop all of this? It's been a decade, Yoongi, and it doesn't even change anything," she raised her voice a bit as she tried to swallow her anger. "Could you just leave me alone? Seeing you every day tailing me like a lost puppy and acting like a bodyguard makes my hatred toward you become even worse," she started to continue her steps, leaving him alone in a frozen state.

"Excuse me?" he said in a sassy tone.

"Just face the fact that I hate you to the moon and back, Yoongi. Nothing can change that."

"Then please bear the hatred for the rest of your life, because I'll be around as long as I breathe," he flicked her bare smooth forehead as he finally surpassed her fast steps.

~~~