17

"Now, as we close one chapter, the pen is gradually inking up, preparing itself to write the next."

-Mie Hansson-
~~~~

Wake up, he's coming..

Taehyung? It's been forever since the last time I heard his deep, husky voice. I blink my eyes several times, but I see nothing but a pitch-dark view. Am I dreaming or what? Why can't I see him like usual? Why do I see nothing? Ah, come to think of it, I have been having dreamless sleep since that day.

Yah, pumpkin... get yourself up.

The chill, dark sensation I felt before is now replaced by the warmth and softness of my bed. Am I back from my dull dream? Refusing to open my eyes, I stuff my head under my fluffy pillow. Ah, so comfy. Now, since I'm half awake, you can disturb me, dear brother.

Kim Soomin! Open those flabby eyes right now!

Peanut butter and jelly!

His voice is somehow not as loud as before, but clear enough to make me go nuts. I furiously kick everything placed on my bed as I cover my sleepy face with both of my palms. How the heck am I still hearing his voice even though I'm not in a state of sleep? Is he haunting me for real? That creepy thought makes me jolt from my slumber. I look around and let out a relieved sigh as I see no transparent flying thing wandering around my room. Well, that's a good sign, isn't it?

By the way, who is coming?

"Rise and shine princes!" I groan as my ears receive my mom signature high pitch voice.

"Morning, Mom," I flash a weak smile as I force myself to perk up. No one can go against my mom, not even my dad. She can be so scary sometimes. I hear her talking while I'm going through my morning routine in the bathroom. I give her a half-hearted "hm" as a response, but to be honest, I'm not even paying attention to what she's saying to me.

"Let's see, nice clothes, nice hairdo, nice makeup. Now put a smile on your face and you're ready to go!" she says while checking me out from head to toe.

Geez, am I a kindergartener or something? Why is she so... How should I put this... Hyped up? I roll my eyes as I sling my backpack over my shoulder, of course without her noticing, and head to the dining table. A light chuckle escapes me when I see my dad sloppily devouring his breakfast. So who's the real baby here?

"Morning, Dad," I greet him with a napkin in my hand. He shyly takes the napkin and dabs it on his chin. The three of us have a nice chit-chat about this and that before someone knocks on our front door.

"Let me, just finish your toast."

I nod as my mom volunteers to open the door. I ignore whoever it is by munching on the crunchy toast messily.

"Morning."

Sigh. I tilt my head uninterestedly as I already know who it is. With my mouth full of toast, I give him a peace sign with my fingers as a greeting. So it's him that my brother's talking about. What a perfect morning to start my day.

"I told him that you'll go to the campus today, so here he is to send you off."

Of course. Thanks mom.

I heave another sigh as I see him give his gummy smile to me.

"You're gonna be late," my dad said. I look at my watch and it's about 1 more hour until my first period. Shoot! I kiss both of my parents' cheeks as I storm to the place where I put my shoes. I clumsily slip into one of my Converses and walk out without even caring to tie up the lace. I'm ready to run my ass off to the bus station, but someone tugs me from behind, making me stop my pace.

"What now?" I frown when I see Yoongi holding one of my backpack straps. And then the next thing I do is drop my jaw because he bends on his knees and ties up my shoelace. What the...

"Done."

No, I'm not done with you.

"Are you trying to make me feel worse by doing this nicey nicey thing to me even after I know the truth?" I cross my arms as I shoot a deathly look at his blank face.

"What are you talking about?"

"Look, since we lost my brother, you've been short of taking care of me. All of these years, I thought the reason was because you felt guilty towards me and my family. Because you're the cause of his death. But now, after I found out the truth and finally accepted the fact that I WAS the cause, why are you still doing this?"

"And why the heck did you hide the truth? You haven't answered that question!"

He remains silent. I feel a cold sweat forming on my forehead. The expression he has right now is something that I rarely see. When it comes, it means I'm in trouble.

Dang! Wrong move, Kim Soomin! Wrong move! Abort mission!

"Should I need a reason for taking care of the one I love?"

Huh?

¤¤¤