29

"Kiss me and you will see how important I am."

-Sylvia Plath-
~~~

"Slap me."

"Stop it, or I will definitely smack your dull face with this."

Sighing, Soomin dramatically pounded her forehead against one of the bookshelves placed at the very end of the public library when Jiwoo irritatedly shoved one hell of a thick book into her depressed face.

For Jiwoo, searching for one single book she needed for an essay in a place that contained more than a thousand books was already making her head scream in pain. And at the moment, the pain became worse as she had to face a mentally unstable girl who continuously blabbed tons of trash words since they met in front of the place this morning. I should have asked Minyoung to accompany me in the first place.

"Let me find the book first, then you'll have both of my hands to beat that face of yours," she said, sighing loudly as Soomin gave her a pitiful expression while dropping herself onto the floor.

Jiwoo was so focused on the row of books in front of her until she heard Soomin mutter something, which made her drop a book and avert her eyes instantly to the girl who was somehow now lying herself in between the bookshelf, lifeless.

"Who did what?!"

Curling into a ball while still lying on the dusty cold floor of the old public library, Soomin turned her back to Jiwoo while hugging her knees, undoubtedly looking so pitiable from head to toe.

"Yah, answer me!" Jiwoo shout-whispered as she shoved one of her feet into Soomin's vulnerable back, demanding confirmation. This time, Soomin heaved a deep breath and stayed still in her awkward position. Rolling her eyes in annoyance, Jiwoo groaned and put aside the books in her hands before dragging her soulless friend out of the library.

Leading the way to the coffee shop, Jiwoo turned around to face Soomin when she felt her shirt being tugged from behind. Soomin shook her head and grabbed Jiwoo's hand, willing to take her as far as she could from their usual hangout place.

"Today, Jimin told me that the boys won't be there. He said they have something to do and won't be back until the afternoon."

Right, she thought as she remembered Yoongi's words from yesterday.

Defeated, Soomin nodded and followed her to the coffee shop. Although Jiwoo had told her about the boys' plans, she couldn't hide her nervousness when they reached the place. Her poor heart was beating wildly, as if it could jump out of her rib cage, when Jiwoo pushed the door open.

Scanning the place thoroughly from the doorstep before entering, Soomin bit her lower lip and grabbed the door handle tightly. A relieved sigh slipped out when she found nothing but an almost empty coffee shop. Weakly dragging herself to an empty table, she dropped her bag onto the floor and slouched onto the single couch.

"Now tell me what happened yesterday," Jiwoo said, handing a cup of coffee to her.

"Ice americano?" she asked, frowning and not wanting to even touch the cup.

"Yeah, why? Take it," she insisted, handing the cup again.

That's his- "keep that away from me!" she shrieked, leaning back and covering her face with both hands, shocking Jiwoo.