Chapter 4

LAUREN'S POV

"Lauren! Wake up, Hunny. It's time for school!" I groaned and rolled out of bed and got into the shower. When I finished, I went to my closet and grabbed a black crop top, blue skinny jeans, black converse, and left my hair alone. "Lauren! Hurry up, you have to pick Camila in five minutes!" I walked downstairs. "I know Mom. I'm leaving."

I got into my car and drove to Camila's house. I rang the doorbell. Camila threw the door open. "LoLo!!!" She jumped on top of me. "Hey Camz. Let's go. Don't wanna be late for school." I mocked her. She glared at me. "Shut up."

I laughed and walked off to my car. She climbed in. As we were driving we passed Jack and Fred. They were skateboarding towards school. Jack waved at me and Fred shyly waved at Camila.
----------------------------------------------
We walked into class and sat down. Fred walked and looked at Camila. "H-hey Camila. C-can we talk real quick?" he stuttered nervously. He's so cute when he's nervous around Camila. "Sure." She replied. They stepped off to the side. "Hey beautiful." Jack winked at me. "Hi." He shuffled his feet. "Can I talk to you about something." "Sure. What's up?" He looked up. "About last night... I'm sorry if I freaked you out. I don't know what came over me. I just- I feel something for you. I honestly don't know why, but if you want to, we could maybe go grab dinner sometime?" I giggled at his nervousness. "Sure. I'd love to." He sighed in relief. "Does Friday night work?" I nodded. "Sounds good."

CAMILA'S POV

"H-hey Camila. C-can we talk real quick?" I nodded and stood up. "Sure." We walked off. He looked at his shoes. "I hope I didn't freak you out. I didn't mean to freak you out. I just- I really like you and I wanted to know if you would maybe like to go out dinner sometime?" I blushed and looked down. "I'd love to." He blushed and looked at his shoes. "How about Saturday night?" I nodded. "I look forward to it." We walked back to our seats and class began.
----------------------------------------------
The bell rang for lunch. Lauren and I met the girls in the lunchroom. Dinah looked up. "Hey! Can the boys sit with us today?" We nodded. Dinah stood up and waved them over.

Dylan was wearing a black shirt, black jeans, white vans and his Superman SnapBack.
Ryan was wearing a black and white long sleeved shirt, blue jeans, green Nike's, and a batman SnapBack.
Trevor was in a soccer jersey, jeans, blue Adidas shoes, and a red hat with a soccer club on it.
Jack was wearing a blue polo, khakis, and blue polo shoes.
Fred was wearing a gray tank top, a red sweatshirt, jeans, black Chuck Taylor's and a dark red beanie.

They sat down next with us. Ryan sat by Ally, Dinah by Dylan, Normani by Trevor , Lauren by Jack, and me by Fred. When Jack sat down, Lauren blushed and looked down.

I gave her a questioning look. "I'll tell you later." she whispered to me. I turned around. "Hi." I said to Fred. "Hi." he said back, without stuttering or whispering it.

Jack grabbed Lauren's hand and held it the rest of lunch. Fred looked like he wanted to do the same, but I think he was nervous, so he didn't.
----------------------------------------------
After school Fred gave me a ride to his house, so we could finish our project. We walked inside. "I'm home!" he shouted. "In the kitchen" someone replied. "Oh. My mom's home. Let me introduce you two." I don't know why, but I was nervous. It's not like we're actually a thing. We walked into the kitchen. "Hola, Mamá. Está es Camila Cabello. Es mi amiga." His mom waved at me. "¿Habla tú español?" She asked me. "Sí." She smiled and we went to the living room.

"I didn't know you spoke Spanish." Fred nodded. "My mom's from Spain and my dad's from England. I moved here in fourth grade. The only bad part was I had to leave my best friend until he moved here." "Wow. I know what it's like to move to a new country at such a young age. I moved from Cuba when I was six."

We sat down on his couch and I pulled out my notebook. "Do you play any instruments?" He nodded and pointed to the corner. "I play the guitar, acoustic and electric, the drums, and the piano. What about you?" he asked. "I play the acoustic guitar." I replied.

We worked a bit longer until I had to go home. When I left, Fred walked me to my car like always. " I'll see you tomorrow." He said and he kissed my cheek like last night and went back inside. I climbed into my car and drove off.