Chapter 3

LAUREN'S POV

We walked into our first class and sat down. Seconds later the five boys from earlier burst into the room talking loudly, except for the shy one. He was following Jack around like a lost puppy.

I felt a strange pull towards Jack. I don't know why. I just saw him today and we haven't even talked. Maybe it's because he's athletic. 'Yea, that's what it is.' I think to myself.

Camila is practically drooling over the shy one. I leaned over "He is cute, but I don't think staring is necessary, Camz." She looked down and blushed. "Sorry, he's just so adorable. How can someone think he's not cute enough?!" she whisper-yelled.

"I don't know. Why don't you ask him or one of his friends? They're headed over right now." She looked up. "Act calm." I looked at her. "Whatever." Jack came up. "Hey, beautiful. Is this seat taken?" I looked up. "No. You can sit here if you want." I replied. "Fred, c'mon buddy, sit down." Jack told him. Fred shyly waved and sat next to Jack.

I noticed how Jack was really encouraging and protective over Fred. The teacher walked in and told everyone to quiet down. "Class, we are starting a project and I have already picked your partners. No switching. The idea is to get to know the person better. Alright, we have:
Dinah Jane Hansen and Dylan Garden
Ally Brooke Hernandez and Ryan Jones
Normani Kordei and Trevor Parker
Lauren Jauregui and Jack Mitchie
Camila Cabello and Fred Raddox
Harry Styles and Kendall Jenner
Liam Payne and Sophia Smith
Zayn Malik and Pierre Edwards
Niall Horan and Barbara Palvin
And finally, Louis Tomlinson and Eleanor Calder."

Great, everyone but us and the boys we're paired with knows their partner for this. Oh, well. Maybe, Jack and I can become friends.

CAMILA'S POV

"....Camila Cabello and Fred Ritchie..." After he said that I zoned out. I'm partnered up with the cutest boy in this class. It's weird. I feel drawn towards him, but I also feel like I'm being pulled towards someone else. Oh, well. "Alright class get with your partners and discuss where and when you guys are going to meet up for this."

Fred turned around and mumbled something. "What?" I asked him. Jack turned around and looked at him. Come on Kota, you got this." he said. Fred looked up "We can work at my place." he said. "I'm home alone a lot, so we won't be bothered." I nodded my head. "Alright. When?" He shrugged any day except Sunday's and it can't be before six because I have soccer." Jack looked at me in surprise. "Wow. He never talks this much. I think someone's got a crush on someone else." he teased. Fred blushed and muttered "Something like that."
----------------------------------------------
"Why'd he call you Kota?" I asked Fred. We were at his house for his project. "My first name is Dakota, but it's easier to go by Fred." he replied. "My first name's Karla, but I prefer my middle name." I replied. He nodded. "What sports do you play?" I asked. "I play club soccer and I run Cross Country." I looked at him in surprise.

"How is it you're so involved in sports and I've never met you before?" He shrugged. "I don't ever go to he parties they have and I don't do anything that spectacular on the field or in a race to be mentioned." he replied.

We worked for a couple hours and then I had to go. "I'll see you tomorrow." I said. He just nodded shyly. Suddenly he stood up. "I'll walk you to your car." I replied, "No you don't have to." He shook his head. "No I was taught to always walk a girl to her car. If I didn't my parents would be disappointed." I shrugged and walked outside with him. I stood by my car and then, out of nowhere, he kissed my cheek. "Goodnight." and he walked back inside. I stood there for a moment and then got into my car and drove off.

A/N
I'm thinking of having Camila and Fred's birthmarks match and Lauren and Jack's match, but each of them like the person who their birthmark doesn't match. For instance, Jack and Fred will get together and Camren will get together. Tell me what you think, please.
P.S. Sorry for the extra long chapter