Chapter 10

Valentina's POV

After what Anabella said it really had me thinking all day, I really didn't know Carnell and I just seemed to naturally trust him. Some part of me felt like maybe I was thirsty because I never had a close guy friend before and my other side is just telling me to go with it. I really didn't want to see Carnell today until I sorted out if I would stick with him, so I was going to purposely miss my train go home from school. I decided to go and relax through the park instead. I walked for awhile through the park which was right across the street from my building until I saw an empty bench right across the field where children go to play sports. I sat down and exhaled then I just let my thoughts wonder, just to be interrupted by a booming voice.

“Hey, didn't take the train today?,” Carnell asked me.

“Oh um, I just wanted to go to the park today, more relaxing,” I excused.

“That's cool. May I sit?,”

“Sure,” I said scooting over. He sat down closer than he should have next to me.

“So I was wondering,” he then moved my bang out of my face by putting it behind my ear and cupped my face so he can maneuver my face to look at him. I stared into his eyes. His eyes are gorgeous, they sparkle with happiness and the sun was definitely helping. My eyes then wondered to his lips and my mind starting wondering what it would be like to kiss him. Those soft lips almost made me want to lean in and kiss him, but even though I've been seeing him for this past week he still seemed like a stranger.

“You okay?,” his question brought he back to reality “You looked a little lost.”

He let go of my face and gave out a small laugh.

“Oh yeah, I'm fine,” I laughed a little embarrassed.

“About my question.”

“Mhm.”

“I wondering if you wanted to go to the Festival with me tomorrow?”

“Sure,” I said trying to look cool on the outside, but on the inside I was bursting with excitement. Carnell, the cutest boy I have ever seen, asked me to go out with him. I was so excited.

“Okay well, I'll pick you up at 6 and hopefully we can get on a lot of rides and maybe I'll win you some teddy bears.”

I giggled at his comment and felt like I blushed so much that by now he could see, but hopefully since I had a dark skin complexion he couldn't. He spent 30 minutes telling me all these amazing things he wanted to with me at the carnival all that did was make me light up inside. He then stood up.

“It was nice talking to again, but it's getting late I have to head home.”

He helped me stand up.

“Awww, but I like talking to you,” I gave him a playful punch on the arm.

He laughed.

“You didn't even say anything, you just heard me talk all day.”

I laughed.

“True, maybe I just like hearing you talk.”

I really felt like I sucked at trying to “smooth” talk in general, but with him, I felt like it was going well. At this point, he was holding my hand and pulled me in for a hug. When he left the hug, he had his hands travel lower to my waist as he held it securely, he then let his eyes travel to my lips and leaned in to kiss me. I was full on panicking inside because this would really be my first official kiss, the most I have ever kissed was getting practice on my bear, which is very weird. But, when he kissed me our eyes closed and it just seemed so smooth and in harmony. He didn't try anything like putting his tongue in my mouth, no. He kept it clean. After about a minute, he broke the kiss even though I could have gone on for a while longer. We both left the kiss with a smile on our face, but I felt like mine's was bigger. He let go of me and let my hand escape his slowly.

“Do you want me to walk you home?”

“Umm. No, it's fine. I'm good,” I said still a little starstruck from how perfect that kiss was.

“You sure?,” he asked raising a eyebrow.

“Positive,” I reassured.

“Okay then I'll see you tomorrow,” he said, but not before grabbing both of my arms and giving me another kiss on the cheek. Then, he walked off.