Chapter 30

Mason's POV
"Corey are you sure ?" I asked, nearly shaking in my cap and gown. Today was my college graduation and my valedictorian speech. Who knew a tranny like me could be top of my class.

"You got this, Mason. I love you" he assured, handing me a small velvet box. After placing it in my pants, topanga came and kissed my head.

"I'm so proud of you honey." She smiled.

"We are very proud of you too." My mother said, holding Shawn close. I was soon off as I marched out to my assigned chair inside the large arena, filled with hundreds of other graduates.

"Thank you everyone for coming to the class of 2017, New York University graduation ceremony. We are very honored to have taught and bonded with these amazing students and now leaders. Sitting among us today are doctors, teachers, and all in between. We couldn't be more proud." An announcer spoke.

After about twenty minutes more of people speaking, it was my time.

"And I'd like to introduce the 2017 graduate valedictorian of NYU, Mr. Dr. Mason Hart." He announced. I arose from my seat. Hearing the word "doctor" that's me now. All this hard work. Finally going to be a cardiologist ( with residency of course ). Who knew ?

"Thank you." I softly spoke into the microphone that was louder than I expected. "hello everyone, I am Mason Hart. And I am truly honored to have studied abroad for now 8 years at this university. It's been an incredible experience. All my life I've dealt with troubles, especially with my gender identity, but this campus and these students and professors have allowed me to feel more valid than anything. I'd like to thank my father and mother, and the Matthews for always being there. And for my best friend, Riley Matthews." I paused. Breathing shakily. I already planned this out with the people before hand, so I wasn't just interrupting.

"Riley, can you join me?" I smiled, seeing the tall brunette walk down from the upper seats and joining me on stage.

"Yes ?" She smiled nervously, clearing shy at the audience staring at her.

"You make me the happiest person alive. I have never felt love the way I have with you. We've been friends forever and every moment has been incredible even if we didn't talk." I said dropping to a knee and pulling out the box, "Riley Matthews, will you marry me?"

Riley's POV
The entire arena gasped. I was clearly taken aback. But I knew my answer. I always would.

"Yes, a thousand times yes!" I smiled kissing him passionately. Everyone cheered loudly. This was such an unforgettable moment. All the hardships, all the cries and laughing and everything with him was so worth it.

I'm going to marry a real boy.

A/N: and this concludes this story ! Thank you for all the support and all the suggestions and readers. I appreciate it beyond words. If you guys would like a sequel, I'd love to do that. But that sequel won't happen for a while. Because I'm going to start some Andi Mack fan fictions. But let me know if you'd eventually like one. Thank you all -Ryder