Chapter 5

Mason's POV

So, Topanga really was serious when she said we'd go shopping. I had spent the night with Riley that Friday, and she woke us up at 9:00 am sharp. I feel as if she was more excited than I was.

"You ready for a new look? At least with us?" Topanga asked, a smile not leaving her face.

"Definitely." I smiled back.

"So, Mason, are you gonna let me help you?" Riley teased.

"But of course my dear." I kissed her on her cheek. I'd be lying if I said I didn't see her cheeks flush red. I just kinda shook the thought from my head. She is my best friend, she is just happy for me. 

We got to the mall about 10 minutes later. As soon as I stepped out of the vehicle, Riley grabbed a hold of my arm and took off running towards the entrance.

"Wait up girls-.." Topanga quickly stopped herself, "Wait up you two"

Our first store had a wide selection of clothing, of course for me, we went to the guys' section. I got some really dirty looks from people while I was looking at clothes and trying them on, which made me feel uncomfortable. But Riley and Topanga's excitement kinda made me forget it. 

"Ooh, oh  This!" Riley said holding up a blue and black plaid shirt. I nodded, I really did like it. 

"What about joggers? You think I can make em work?" I asked. After trying on clothes for what seemed like days, we left the store spending about $200 dollars. I had 9 new shirts, 4 new jeans, 3 pairs of shoes, a few beanies, and several pairs of boxers. If this didn't make me feel confident, then I don't know what else would. 

I hugged both of them, "Thank you guys!"

"You ever thought of a binder?" Topanga asked. I was sorta flat chested enough, that a sports bra done well, but I really think a binder would work great.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Well," Topanga handed me a binder, "I bought this and didn't know if you'd wear it. Go try it on honey." I did as she said, when I came out wearing a binder and the plaid shirt, I felt amazing. 

"Woah." Topanga smiled, "How does it feel?"

"Really tight, but it's supposed to be" I laughed. 

"You look VERY handsome Mason." Riley layed her head in the crook of my neck as I sat on the bay window.

Corey walked into the room. "Woah, Mason. I love the look. I am so glad to have you here with us. I'll let you and Riley talk."

"Riles." I spoke and she raised her head.

"Yeah Mason?" she smiled. "I just love that name-."

I slowly leaned it and cut her off, lips pressed together. Only for a small time. I don't know why I did what I did, I think I was just caught in the moment, I think I was just so happy to finally be me.

I shouldn't have just kissed her without her consent, I took my lips off of hers and back up til we both made eye contact.