Burst of feeling

The day he tried to seduce me, As if the time was skipped, it was soon nighttime. I was bathed, not by myself, the maids helped me because as always, I was numb after the pain. I couldn't do anything. I lied down on the bed, my legs curled up against my chest as I rested my head on my hands and just stared, I couldn't even sleep.

I was almost going to tell Sloan about my past, about Anastasia. She always finds a way to come out, disgracing my life. The door was opened and I closed my eyes, breathing even as I pretended to be asleep. "I know you're awake Catalina."

I sniffed, pushing my body up as I sat on the bed. He touched my face, frowning as he touched my forehead, "You're burning Catalina." He picked me up from the bed, making his way toward the bathroom. "I'm fine, you're just exaggerating." He made his way into the shower and placed me down, opening the tap as the water sparkled down on me.

"You have a fever Catalina." He took my lingerie off and I crossed my arms over my breasts, my teeth chattering as I brushed my hands up and down my arms. "Does me having a fever involves nakedness?" My hands moving carefully not to expose my breasts down my face. "I'm doing this to lower your body temperature Catalina, I have no intentions of seeing you naked under these circumstances." He closed the tap, grabbing a bathrobe as he wrapped it around my body.

"So if it was in other circumstances you would have had the intention of seeing me naked?" I leaned against Sloan, weak and without strength at all, not to even lift a finger. "You're just speaking just to speak, no. I have no intentions of seeing you naked, under whatever circumstances your mind is thinking about." He picked me up again and walked us out of the bathroom and placed me down on the bed, "Wait here." 

"It's not like I can move with this fever." I muttered beneath my breath as I clutched at the bathrobe. He walked into the closet, the maids had put the clothes I folded in the closet and the toiletries in the bathroom and vanity.

He came out with a nightgown and I grabbed it from him, leaning down the bathrobe he looked away, giving me a chance to put the nightwear on and I changed the wet panties for a dry one. He turned back around and took the robe from my hands and made his way into the bathroom. I crawled on the bed and got under the covers, sliding my hands underneath the pillows as I sniffed.

"I'll go grab some medications for that fever and water, I'll be right back." He got out of the room and I sighed, trying to get comfortable on the bed but the warmth my body was shooting through my pores didn't allow me to. I sat up, wrapping the nightgown around my waist as I stood up, getting out of the bed. 

I made my way toward the window, glancing out. The sky dark, the trees barely visible. I traced the window with my nails, sighing as I stared ahead. So many things swirling through my mind, I need to get my thoughts in sync. I turned around when the door was opened to look at Sloan. "I know what you're doing, now that you got a glimpse you feel sympathy for me, for my past, my backup story. You don't have to treat me differently, I'm still a rogue." 

I moved toward him as I grabbed the pills and popped them into my mouth, drinking the water. I gave him a forced smile as I placed the glass back on the tray. I turned around and made my way back toward the window, glancing up at the sky as I brushed my arms, "I'm fine, you can go now. I'm sure you have plenty of work to do tomorrow. I don't want to keep you up late at night." He surprised me when he touched my shoulders, moving down my arms as I closed my eyes with a silence sigh.

He placed my hands besides me, massaging them as he traced his fingers up my arms. My body trembled as I popped my eyes open and breathed in and out calmly. He kissed my neck, my chest throbbed, my lips became suddenly dry. I licked them with a bite as I shifted my eyes around nervously, "I always have work, and I don't mind sleeping late." I moved away from him but this time he wasn't having it.