Eight

Riley's P.O.V

            I think a week has passed since Lucifer has taken me, it was hard to tell when you were locked up in the Underworld. It has been a while since the twisted twins have come to visit me and I have been thankful for that. Sam was the only one to come and see me. He often told me what was happening in the Underworld or what the latest development was with Zane. The last I heard from Sam, Zane had forced Chris, Joey, Ella and Liam into the mess as well but I'm glad that they are there to help Zane, Daniel, Ally and Rachel.

            I sat on the dank ground and leaned against the wall as I tried to tell myself that everything would be okay. I knew deep down that I would get out of here but Sam has been cautious around me due to the fact that I still wasn't to be trusted. What was I even going to do? I was locked up as Lucifer's prisoner and at the moment there was no chance of escape. I had no weapons or any chance to attack him, so I should have been the cautious one.

            Outside of my cell I could hear several pairs of footsteps running. I jumped to my feet in an attempt to make me look less vulnerable. Lucifer and Sam came into view with desperate expressions.

            Lucifer stepped towards my cell and had a look inside, he looked as if he was looking for something. I laughed at his expression and this caused him to stop his search and narrow his eyes at me.

            "I'm still here Luce," I said sarcastically.

            "I can see that Riley, but you aren't the one I am looking for," Lucifer snapped.

            Sam took a step towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "They aren't here so they have left."

            "No!" Lucifer shouted. "My girls' have not betrayed me."

            Lucifer spun on his heel and darted back down the hallway leaving Sam alone with me. Sam unlocked my cell and quickly slipped inside before anyone carted him away. I continued to stand as Sam walked towards me.

            "So, what happened to the twisted twins?" I asked.          

            Sam smiled at my nickname for them. "Rumour has it that they have left."

            "They've left," I gasped.

            Sam nodded. "They disappeared a while ago."  

            "Do you have an idea where they went?" I asked curiously.

            Sam seemed uncomfortable with the question but there was no way that I was going to let him get away with not answering it. I crossed my arms over my chest and tilted my head to the side as I waited. Sam looked uncomfortable under my demanding gaze.

            "It's believed that they have gone to the mortal world and are now helping Zane Somers take down Lucifer," Sam replied reluctantly.

            My heart thudded loudly in my chest and my palms began to sweat, something that happened to me when I was nervous. The idea of the twisted twins working with Zane made me feel sick. I had to get out of here and make sure that the sisters stayed away from Zane and the others, I couldn't let them hurt the people I loved.

            "Sam the sisters could kill everyone I love," I stated. "You need to set me free and help me keep them safe.

            "I can't Riley," Sam replied. "I need to keep Lucifer's trust."