Three

Zane had gone to the studio with the lyrics I had written so that they could finish the album. They had taken Ella with them so that she could hear the complete album when it was finished. I could just imagine how happy she would be to hear their new songs. I could have gone with them but I chose to stay home so I could try to sort out what I was going to do about the vision I had had yesterday.

I didn't tell Zane about it, partly because I didn't want him to think of the offer as something bad. I wanted to tell Rachel but she was connected to Heaven and she may tell the archangels and that would cause Ally to get hurt. I could tell Daniel but I couldn't afford to get him kicked out of the Underworld. If the tracker saw him here then there would be more trouble for the both of us.

The reminder of the tracker gave me something else to puzzle over. How was I going to get rid of him? Was Sam out there looking for me? Did Daniel tell Rachel about him? I guess I could check the latter and find out what happened there.

I made my way into the kitchen and started to call for Rachel, something I hadn't been forced to do for months. Things had seemed to be alright then but that has all changed.

Within a matter of minutes Rachel appeared. The curly brown hair and grey eyes were a familiar and comforting sight for me. Rachel and I had become close friends because of our desire to protect the same man from Lucifer. I was actually surprised that a guardian angel would help the aspiration of an angel of death, but it involved more help for her as well, so she took it.

"Riley it has been ages," Rachel said.

"I know," I replied. "I feel guilty for not calling you to hang out."

Rachel waved her hand in the air with a smile on her face. "Don't worry about it. I but I feel as if you called me for a reason that involves the safety of Zane."

"And everyone else," I added.

"Well, tell me everything," Rachel replied.

"Did Daniel tell you about the tracker?" I asked.

Rachel nodded. "Yes, I was a little surprised when he told me but I thought it was excellent."

"Well, the tracker was here yesterday afternoon," I continued. "He had Lucifer's knife so this isn't some sort of joke. We need to make sure that Zane is fully protected -"

"And Chris!" Rachel added while interrupting me.

I raised an eyebrow at her as she dropped her gaze to the ground. "If you would have let me finish I would have added everyone else to it."

"Sorry," Rachel muttered. "But I can't help but care for him too."

"You love him," I stated.

Rachel nodded her head feebly. "He feels the same way! But I can't be with him because Lucifer is still after Zane!"

"I'll kill Lucifer and you can become human so that you can be with Chris," I replied.

Rachel smiled slightly at me. "And the tracker."

"And the tracker," I repeated.

"Before I go there is something you need to know about Daniel," Rachel said.

Anger boiled up inside of me like hot lava. Couldn't people just accept the fact that Daniel was good too? That he wanted to help us because he understood why I had changed sides.