Two

Each one gasped as they made their way towards me, Joey was the only one to leave the room after I had told him where to find Ella. He was worried about his sister and if I was in his shoes then I would be worried too. But right now I had more to worry about. A very powerful man wanted me and everyone I cared about dead.

Zane wrapped his arms around my body in a protective manner as his eyes swept around the room. There was no one else here at the moment but I could sense his protective edge seeping in. I knew what it felt like to want to protect someone more than anything but this time I feared that Zane wouldn't be able to repay me for my role in saving his life.

I told everyone about what had just happened to me and how Daniel had come to warn me about the tracker. I told them that the tracker had come here to try and take me to Lucifer. I wanted to leave the dagger a secret but I found myself telling them about it as well.

Zane dropped his arm from around me. I looked up to see the hostility radiating from off of him, his hands clenched into fists as he tried to calm himself. Liam and Chris did their best to soothe him but I could see that he was too far gone to be stopped from the violent outrage that was about to burst out of him.

"You're telling me that this Sam had Lucifer's dagger in his hands and he was going to use it on you if you didn't cooperate!" Zane shouted.

"Shh!" I hissed. "I don't want to have to explain everything to Ella! She already looks so fragile and weak."

The anger slowly dispersed from Zane's features at the mention of Ella. He ran a hand through his brown hair as he finally calmed down.

"It looks like she's relapsed," Zane said in a shaky voice.

"What do you mean relapsed?" I demanded.

"Did she have bandages around her arms?" Zane asked ignoring my question.

"Yeah," I replied.

"You know what happened to her and Joey," Zane stated. "Well every now and then the past will swallow her up and send her into a sort of depression."

"Oh no," I gasped. "Poor Joey! Poor Ella!"

"Yeah it sucks for them, especially Joe because he has to watch her go through it," Zane replied.

My heart ached for the fragile looking girl and her protective brother. I never thought that Ella would resort to harming herself over the violent thoughts that attack her day after day.

Joey re-joined the group with a look of relief on my face. "Well Ella is gathering her things and she's coming home with me. Riley, I really need to know this, and I'm sure Zane has already informed you. Did Ella say anything to make you worried about her?"

I shook my head. "Only the way she looked, she seemed happy to be here when I told her that you were recording a new album. Maybe you should let her hear it."

"When we finish it," Joey said more to himself.

"Let her be the first one to hear it," I added. "She's like that."

Joey raised an eyebrow at me. "But you really wanted to hear it."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Ella wants it more . . . and she deserves it."

Joey looked at Zane with a grin on his face. "How many more songs have we got left?"

"The one I can't seem to finish," he replied.