One

Zane looked like a child as he slept. His mouth hung open slightly and his hair was sticking out at odd angles, he just looked so peaceful. I guess that's what a holiday can do for you.

Summer had not long begun and it meant that Zane and the rest of Eternities Grip would be relaxing with; I was actually surprised when they weren't invited on the Warped Tour but I guess the tour had other bands lined up. I knew that they were working on a new album but they hadn't allowed me to hear any of the new songs.

"We don't want you singing our awesome creations and spoiling it to the fans that are anticipating the album's release," Joey had said.

"Our awesome creations," I had repeated with a grin. "Don't you mean Zane's awesome creations; after all he writes the songs."

I smiled at the memory of Joey with a look that suggested I was stupid for asking to hear the news songs and him trying to find a way to answer me while his band mates had laughed. Even though the others had laughed, they seemed to agree with Joey but Zane was a little undecided. He tried to show me some of the music but the others had swopped down at him like a hawk. I admire his efforts of trying to show me but I kind of understood where the guys came from, I just couldn't help but sing their songs.

I found that I had begun dragging my fingertips through Zane's hair; he had cut and styled it from its original shaggy look which I kinda missed. I loved the way it had looked as if he had bed hair every day but I was starting to get used to his new look.

I dropped my hand away from his hair just as his eyes began to flutter. His brown eyes bored into my green ones and a look of relief spread its way across his face. My heart skipped beat as he reached out and pulled me into his naked chest. I loved that he only slept in a pair of boxers in summer because I was able to him shirtless just about every night.

"Thank God that was only dream!" Zane gasped.

I pulled away from him and stared into his eyes to see that there was a look of panic in them.

"Zane, what did you dream about?" I demanded.

"Lucifer! I dreamt about Lucifer!" he shouted in frustration.

I raised one of my hands back up and played with the end of his hair in an attempt to calm him.

"It's okay," I reassured him. "Lucifer isn't here. I haven't seen him nor have the others or Rachel and Daniel would be here."

Zane closed his eyes and clenched his jaw as he tried to block whatever images were in playing in his head.

"That's not the point Riley!" Zane snapped. "I feel as if he is getting closer, as if he is planning another attack."

I placed both of my hands on his cheeks. "He won't hurt you or anyone else."

"You can't guarantee that," Zane whispered.

He slowly opened his eyes and I could see the torment swirling around them. He was clearly distressed about our situation but there was no need to worry because I won't let anything happen to him or the others. Joey, Chris, Liam, Daniel and Rachel were all my friends and the thought of Lucifer getting his hands on them sent a wave of violence through my body. I especially hated the idea of Lucifer ever laying another hand on Zane after the way I had found him in New York.

"Maybe I can't," I admitted. "But Rachel can! She's your guardian angel and she is designed to save you."

"What about Joey? Chris? Liam? My family and friends?" Zane demanded.