1761: Blood lines

Evie
I looked at my husband who spoke with our new brothers. "Would you excuse me." I asked the group of ladies that I was talking with, gave Shay a nod referring him to meet me in the other room.

I see him excuse himself from the group of men he was speaking with. I walked into the other room opening the door, as I walked into the room, I started undoing the laces of my corset. I heard the sound of Shay's boots behind me.

"Evie?" I turned around seeing my husband. "Thank you!" He closed the doors and bit down on his lip. "I couldn't stop." Shay didn't finished his sentence he rushed over to me, picking me up, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"God they were so boring." I smirked as he laid me on the love seat. "Get me out of this."

Clara
Jacob gave me a smile. "Congratulations my sweet angel, you're apart of the order." As he stood besides me and I placed my hand on my stomach.

"It's truly a weird sensation!" I admit, placing his glass on the table in front of him. "Why am I apart of the order? I don't know how to fight, I don't know anything about combat. Why am I apart of the order?" I asked as he takes my hand and leads me out onto the balcony. "Jacob I'm a lady, I don't anything about." He cut me off with a kiss.

Jacob pulled back, leaning down looking at my stomach. "You're a Templar because you aren't those things." He places his hand on my cheek.

"How does that help? I'm not worthy of the Templar cause, I don't know what to do." I asked, I don't know. "Why?"

"You have the ability to blend in. You have the ability to use your femininity to help the Templar cause." I admit. "You've got the ability to help us." Jacob continues, looking at me.

"That's why." I asked, smiling. I know how to blend, and I do tend to use my femininity to get my ways. "Well, I guess we best get back to the party, we have to be the host while Evie and Shay are you know busy." I smile, taking my husband hand and walking inside.

"Ahh Jacob, I'd like you meet someone." François-Thomas Germain the grand master asks. "Mrs O'Brien, please come." He smiles, I nod and follow my husband.

We followed the grandmaster into the room. "Mr and Mrs O'Brien, I'd like you to meet Alexandre Roux." I looked up seeing him, he gave me a smile, my heart stopped, my hand gripped tightly on Jacob's arm.

"Alexandre?" I asked, as my breathing hitched.

Jacob noticed my behaviour change and so did the grandmaster. "Are you two acquainted?" He asked.

Alexandre placed his hands over behind him. "Ahh yes, Clara was engaged to my younger brother." Jacob looked at me, then back at Alexandre.

"Ahh, yes I was." Alexandre smiled, I looked at him. "He and I didn't work out."

"Was it that? Or was it that you left him for another man." I looked between him and Jacob. "This man wasn't it?" He smirked, he was evil and I knew it.

"Yes, things happen differently in the colonies." I tried to explain but Alexandre he knew the truth.

"But this happened in England, not the Americas." He chuckled taking a glass of brandy from the tray. "My brother was heartbroken when you left him, he loved you." He smiled knowing full well what happened. "But I guess love wasn't strong enough." I held Jacob tighter, I knew what he was going to do.

"Hold your tongue, you have no right to accuse my sister in law of anything." I turn seeing Shay standing there with Florence in his arms. He made his way over to us, and I tried gather myself. "You Monsieur are under my roof, you stand in front of your grandmaster, accusing a woman who is your sister in arms." Shay spoke, looking directly at Alexandre's face. "You will apologise to your grand master, and you will apologise to Clara." Alexandre scoffed, chuckling.