1757: Loosing Fight

Evie
We've been in New York for a few weeks now. Shay was on a mission with Gist, Shay took Jacob with him for an extra man. I told him I'd be fine with being here alone, I've been walking much better, I had a scar on my stomach! It was so big.

I was starting to over think about my body! Everyday I've looked at myself in the mirror seeing how big my scar was, and everyday I'd think about how Shay would think of me. "He's only ever seen me with the perfect body, no scars nothing." I was sixteen when I first laid with Shay, I was perfect then. Shay and I have laid together since then, but now I'm thinking that he won't find me attractive anymore because of the scars. 

This time isn't well respecting women and I've got so many standards I'm expected to keep up. I'm starting to find it all too difficult, it's all becoming hard and I'm worried for my marriage with Shay. "Mama, can we go to the market?" My son asks as he walks in with Cassidy and Barry. "Cassidy gave me ten pounds." I nodded they walked out into the yard and I watched them from the sitting room's window.

Christopher Gist

"I'll get Shay!" I told him slowly walking toward the ships wheel.

"You here to tell me about our visitor?" I nodded.

"What's the plan here Shay?" I asked, as he called for the anchor.

"Chevalier is the only one that knows the location of this fort! He's got the maps, he's the first target." He paused, turning to face the ship. "It's going to be so much fun killing this bastard Gist." He stated, we were at a fort in river valley, we had to do a surprise attack.

"Why's that?" I asked, following him down the steps. We were docked in a safe harbour not far from the fort.

"He was going to marry my wife! Evie told me how he told her it was either Louis or him." Shay replied as he cracked his knuckles ready to attack.

"Could you imagine!" I asked him, he gave me a look and I just pulled back. "What do you want me to do with the ship captain?" I asked, standing besides him with my arms folded across my chest.

"Keep her safe and close, I don't want to stay here long." He demands. "Jacob!" He shouts as Jacob leans his head far over the side. "Come on." He beckons, Jacob nods and rushes over to Shay.

"Good luck Captain."

Shay
Jacob and I ran free through the trees and out of sight of the guards who guarded down below. I held Jacob back, to discuss a possible plan. "How do you think we should do this?" It was a big fort, the map could be anywhere.

"Stealthy! The two guards at the top must be taken out because they have view of the whole fort." Jacob paused as he thought. "How important is Chevalier?" He asked facing me.

"He holds high credit in the brotherhood." He was an assassin after all and I needed to see his ability.

"Well if this map is the key to holding the location of this fort and the death of Adéwalé then he'd have it on himself wouldn't he?" He asked and I nodded, he was pretty clever, and I will have good things to tell Haytham.

———

"Hey Chevalier" I smiled at him, as I reached the war room with Jacob besides me.

"Who are you?" He asked looking at Jacob. "Why do you look familiar?" He chuckled.

"You know full well who he is." I spoke, he faced me. "Give me the map." I said, looking at him almost glaring into his devilish soul.

"How's the wife?" He asked as he came around the front of the table and leaned against it. "I heard we stole something from her?" He knew exactly what he was doing and it was working. "Oh that's right her child." He smirked taking a bite of his Apple.