Chapter 87: The Summoning

Start from the beginning

She grabbed her hand and the latter was utterly surprised by how natural and tender it seemed.

"Young miss, I am not asking you to be friends or become an underling. But at least, until we... finish up our mission, can you lend us your strength?"

These words were uttered softly and were akin to a flute tune performed by a Grand Master.

Her way with words, her tone, her manner of speech, and her bearing... were all harmonically merging into a vortex of emotion that would make a person feel like a sinner when declining her requests.

Coralline, despite being a girl, felt that Scion was just a natural charmer. She felt pain and in fact, she actually felt like she was going to be a real heart-breaker if she said no.

Thinking of this beautiful girl crying like she did earlier... was something that could make anyone think that she had been wronged by the world.

It was unfair!

Coralline glared at Siva and then pouted, "Just how are you able to have this girl fall for you?!"

Eh?

Coralline's face was red and she hugged Scion like a little sister throwing a tantrum because someone was about to marry her beloved big sis.

Her words and actions were completely north and south.

Everyone seeing this, including Heller, thought of a single sentence:

"Please, just be honest and request to be pampered already!"

Siva's mind spun.

"This girl..."

Everyone was surprised but Scion ignored them and patted Coralline's head, making Coralline blush but not stopping her. In fact, she even buried her face on her stomach, smelling the smell of a big sister's scent.

She was that small and that's just how tall Scion is.

This sight of Coralline was actually cute for some odd reason and considering her fame in the real world it could even fetch a high price if taken as a picture and sold.

Siva cleared his throat and pulled their attention, and then announced with an ashamed manner:

"I will admit that I have indeed wronged you all with the way I have tricked you. I ask not only for your forgiveness but sincerely request that you all understand that the circumstances of my mission are not something related to this game.

"And yes, it includes real world dangers.

"Following me will ensure that one of your feet is in your grave and the other on imminent peril of them hunting you down. The people that hold the shackles on my neck aren't good people."

At this point, he looked at Coralline. "I also have to tell you this in advance; working with you all is also putting... my mission into jeopardy but with the current circumstances, I am sure that they will have to forgive me for recruiting some help to finish it. If they lose their only hold on my neck, then they will also lose everything that's holding me in check... aside from the fact that they have only fueled my desire to get revenge on them."

These words alone proved the floating doubts in these people's hearts:

"Is it the mafia? Or is it the government?"

Such stories weren't that much surprising since the 21st century was full of these political wars and the aftermath of such wars included a bloody warfare that resulted in the establishment of the current World Government: The UNICORN.