thirty

[A/N: forgot to show the promise ring Dinah got Mani lol. Here it is:

 Here it is:

Cost: $427.85

Also..trigger warning! You might cry because this chapter contains extreme cuteness! Well...it's as cute as I can get because I'm cold hearted.

~time skip. how long? It'll be mentioned in this chapter~

Normani was in her bathroom, getting ready. Dinah was taking her out to dinner, and no matter how much she didn't want to go, she did anyways. It had been six months since her miscarriage. She was doing better, but sometimes when she was with Dinah, Camila, Ally, or Lauren she would just burst into tears. They would always hold her and tell her that it was going to be okay, to stop crying, that they loved her.

"Normani." Dinah said, walking into the bathroom.

Normani looked straight into the mirror. "Yeah?" She asked.

"Are you ready?" The blonde asked, wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's waist and kissing her cheek. "You look beautiful."

She was trying to make Normani smile. She hadn't seen her smile much ever since her miscarriage.

"Thank you," The brunette nodded, "and yes. I'm ready."

No smile.

Dinah nodded. Hopefully she would get a smile by the end of the night. She had a plan. To her it was a good one, because she would get to spend most of her time with the love of her life, but she wasn't sure how Normani would react.

"Where are we going?" Normani asked as the two got into the car.

"Olive Garden." Dinah smiled as she started the car and drove off.

The younger girl nodded. "Okay."

It took them five minutes to get to Olive Garden. The blonde got out of the car, then walked over to Normani's side of the car and helped her out. She held her hand and the two walked into the restaurant.

"Detective Dinah Jane." A woman greeted the two.

Normani furrowed her brows.

"Hayley."  The taller girl smiled.

"I'll show you to your table."

The waitress, who was apparently named Hayley, showed the two to a table and sat menus in front of them.

"I'll be back in a few minutes to get your drink orders." The red-haired girl walked off.

"You must go here a lot." Normani said, opening the menu.

"No. We just fucked in high school–"

"What?" The brunette's head snapped up.

Dinah chuckled. "I'm kidding. She's a friend of mine."