eight

"Nothing is sailing," Normani said.

"Shut up, bitch. It is sailing," Lauren said.

"No, Lauren, it's not."

Dinah chuckled. "Don't call her a bitch, Lauren," she said, "she's not a dog."

"Speaking of bitches," Camila said, "where's the dog DJ bought you?"

Normani whistled and the dogs came running down the stairs. "Sit," she said.

Both dogs sat.

"Camila, close the door," the brunette said, then turned to look at Dinah. "You know I'm still upset with you, right?"

"What? What'd I do?" Dinah asked.

Normani rolled her eyes. "You wanted to know about that night, so you could investigate, right? I didn't turn Arin in for a reason, and I'm not trying to turn him in now."

The Polynesian tilted her head to the side. "Why didn't you turn him in?"

"That's not any of your business," the younger girl said.

"No, I think it is," Dinah nodded. "Normani, do you not remember my face?"

~yes, another flashback. YOU LOVE THEM, JUST ADMIT IT~

Normani was sitting in a room, being questioned by a woman with curly brown hair. She wasn't going to answer any questions, though. She wasn't going to turn Arin in.

"Mrs. Powers, I need you to cooperate," the woman said.

She was rather patient with the brunette. She had brown–maybe hazel–eyes, tan skin, and Normani personally thought she would look better with blonde hair.

"Mrs. Powers–"

"Can I leave?" Normani asked.

"Well, we're making progress. You're speaking now."

"Why do I have to be here? Who even are you?"

"You have to be here because you saw your husband get murdered, Mrs. Powers. And I'm Detective Dinah Jane Hansen."

"Well, Detective Dinah Jane Hansen–interesting name you have, by the way–have you ever thought about recoloring your hair blonde?"

"Mrs. Powers–"

"Normani."

"Normani, did you see who shot your husband?"

"Why?"

"Because whoever shot him is dangerous, and we need to get him into jail as soon as possible."

"When can I leave?"

"Normani," the detective said, "I need you to focus on what I'm asking you right now."

"I just want to go home."

"Did you see who shot your husband?"

"No. Can I leave?"

Dinah Jane stared at Normani for a moment before sighing. She stood and walked to the door, opening it.

"Go ahead."

"Thank you," Normani stood and walked out.

~it's over~

Normani looked at the blonde.

"Are you okay, Mani?" Camila asked.

"Are you using her to get to me?" the brunette asked.

"Pardon me?" Dinah asked.

"Camila. Are you using Camila to get to me?" Normani asked.

"Why would I do that? I knew Camila way before this case was given to me," the Tongan shook her head.

"Yes, and when you found out she knew me, you used her to get to me. You're using her so you can finally solve this case." 

"I'm sorry, but I wasn't worried about you whenever Camila told me she knew you. I gave zero shits. I gave up on trying to get you to talk as soon as you walked out of that door. Camila introduced us to each other because she wanted us to be together. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even be thinking about you right now," Dinah said.

"Then, why are you worried about me now?" the shorter girl asked.

"Because I care," the taller girl said. "I need you to say it, Normani. I need you to tell the police Arin did it."

"No."

"Normani–"

"No. I'm not–"

The door was knocked on. Normani walked to the door, opening it. She tilted her head to the side and lifted an eyebrow.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

"I came to see you," the man smiled.

"Why? I don't want to see you," the brunette said.

"Who is it?" Lauren whispered to Camila.

"Bitch, my back is turned. I don't know." The Cuban-Mexican whispered back.

"Dinah?" The green eyed girl asked.

"You don't know the voice?" Dinah raised her brow.

"Oh, Normani. Don't be like that."

"Leave. Nobody wants you here."

Smack!

Dinah's head snapped towards the door.

"Don't be fucking disrespectful, Normani. You act like I came to see you out of courtesy. Nobody would ever do that. Especially not to a slut like you."

Normani looked down and rubbed her cheek. "What do you want?" she asked quietly.

She felt arms pull her away from the door. "Hit her again, and I will cut off your penis and shove it up your ass."

Lauren grabbed her friend's arm and pulled her into a hug. "Is that Arin?" she asked.

The younger girl nodded. "Yeah."

"Dinah Jane, nice to see you again," Arin said.

"Who the hell do you think you are? Leave, before I call the police," Dinah said.

"Where do you work? I never see you anymore," the man smiled.

"Arin Ray, you have five seconds to–"

"Okay, okay," Arin held his hands up, "I guess we'll catch up another time."

He turned and walked back to his car. The blonde shut the door and turned to Normani.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Fine," the youngest girl mumbled.

"He just assaulted you in your own home, Normani," Camila said.

"I need you to say it," Dinah said.

Normani looked at her. "I need you to leave."

-

A/N: oooooh👀👀👀

What do you guys think about Arin?

More importantly, what do you think made him the way he is?

Also, do you think Normani is going to rat him out any time soon?

And do you think Dinah is using Camila?