I was pretty excited about this assignment too, because I love to draw realistically. I take pictures with my dads old camera of nature and old cars and flowers, things like that, and then sometimes draw them on paper. So I was getting really good and I took this as a chance to impress Ms. Roman.

I took my number 2 pencil and started. I decided I was going to draw her, but as she is today. I started with sketching out her oval face and all the details on it. Her big circular baby blue eyes, coated in dark eyeliner and long, thick eye lashes. I then started shaping her perfectly arched brown eyebrows and the structure of her skinny upturned nose. But once I got to her mouth, I started getting excited because from the moment I had seen her, I memorized that smile.

Which was so bad, like really bad. That was my teacher and I was taking this drawing way out of hand, but I couldn't stop.

I drew out her pink full lips and white straight teeth, making sure I added the slight dimples that show when she smiles.

Once I was all finished with her head and face, I started with her neck and chest, down towards the end of the paper.

I shaped her neck and the way her blue dress came out from behind it and V-Necked down to show a little bit of cleavage. I then shaded parts of her chest that were uncovered by the dress to show the tops of her breasts.

Once I was finished with that, the last thing was the hair. I made sure that I showed the model-like loose curls that stretched past the end of the paper. I showed how once past her shoulder, her hair gets thinner and comes together as one full curl.

My drawing was almost as beautiful as her.

"Damn, Ivy! That looks dope!" Dylan said a little too loud for my liking. It's not that I didn't like being complimented, but I was nervous about what Ms. Roman would think about it. Maybe she would think I took it out of hand and that I was some type of creepy stalker.

"Thanks, Dyl. Not many people know I can draw."

"Well if someone drew me like that, my panties would be dropping. She's gonna flip when she sees this!"

"You don't think she'll think I'm some weirdo? What's she going to say when I walk up to her desk to turn it in and she sees it while it's still in my hand?"

"Here, dude. Just do this. Take my paper, put it on top of yours. So when you turn ours in, she won't know which of us drew her until she looks at the name on the back. And by the time she sees it, you'll be back at your desk with me. It's no biggie."

Yanno, that plan didn't sound too bad. Especially for Dylan, because she wasn't the brightest of the bunch. So I decided I'd try it.

We signed our names on the back of our assignments, and I started to walk up to turn them in. We were some of the last ones to, because everyone rushed theirs when they heard her say we got a free rest of the class once we were done with it.

I made my way to her desk and nodded at her and quickly made my way back to the seat. What the hell was I thinking? I've been through plenty of schools when going through foster care and I could've chosen any of the school counselors. I still knew what they all looked like from seeing them so often.

There was a little under 15 minutes of class left and it dragged on so slow. I felt uneasy ever since I had given her my picture. She could think I was some freak lesbian who was obsessed with her. She could be some huge homophobic and switch me from her class.

But part of me thinks she could just think, "hey, she's a really sweet kid." Or that I'm trying to be a perfectly straight teachers pet.

But as the bell rang and everyone started pouring out the door, as me and Dylan approached it, my heart stopped.

"Hey, Ivy. Could you stay after class for a few minutes? Ill try not to take up too much of your lunch period."

I looked over at Dylan and told her I'd catch her later but all she did is wink at me and told me to have fun.

She's such a goof.

As everyone left and it was just Ms. Roman and I, she spoke again.

"Could you close the door?" She half asked, half commanded me to do.

So I slowly walked over to it and closed it. When I looked back, she was standing in front of her desk, leaning against it.

"What can I do for you, Ms. Roman?" I asked breaking the silent, trying to read her face to see what she was thinking.

"Your drawing, was..."

But I cut her off, "If it was inappropriate I totally understand, I didn't mean to cross a line." I said quickly as I stood in front of her intimidated by her grace and beauty.

But my walls started going down again when I heard her start laughing. Not the usually giggle, it was a laugh. And it was beautiful.

"Oh no, sweetie. You're not in trouble!" She said with her eyes lighting up.

She took a few steps towards me and placed her warm hand on my upper arm, slowly running her fingers down to my wrist as she talked, "It was beautiful. The realism of it was beyond amazing. You're sketching, your shapes, everything. It was perfect."

I felt giddy on the inside hearing her words, but I had to remain cool about it. "So I guess this means you like it?" I said with a smirk on my face noticing her hand was still unintentionally touching my arm giving me goose bumps.

"I love it." She said as she blushed and quickly pulled her arm away. "I just wanted to say thank you."

"You're welcome." I said with a huge smile. But I couldn't let my cool slip just yet. I knew how to play this game with girls. "But if this is all, I really need to get back to my friends."

I saw a bit of confusion in her eyes as if she was reading me, but then coughed, "Oh um, yes! Of course!" As she took a few steps back and started walking to the door, opening it.

"Thanks." I said casually as I made my way towards the door, "See you tomorrow, Teach."

"I will see you tomorrow, Ms. Jones."