Kirby and the Great Mirror's Reversal (a Kirby fanfic)

A Brief History of the Mirror World, Chapter 1:

Far away on a planet called Popstar, there is a beautiful, peaceful land known as Dreamland. This land is a whimsical place full of magic, dreams, and adventure. There are rolling hills, leafy woods, a small and quiet town, a large castle, and many other breathtaking places.

High above Dreamland is a mirror. It's small, the only time anyone ever really notices it is when the sun hits it just right, making a small glint in the sky. The only other time is at night, when you could almost swear that it's just another star up in the glowing skies.

If you were to fly up to the mirror, you would think at first glance that it was just a simple mirror. But, if you chanced to fly through, you would find yourself somewhere else. Just like Alice's looking glass, this is not merely a mirror, but a portal to another world.

This world is the Mirror World. In the Mirror World, there are many creatures and beings that you could never find in Dreamland. Usually, this place is calm and peaceful, much like her reflection. But there are times, unfortunately, when this is not so.

The mirror, called the Dimension Mirror, is built to copy people and make them something new; making the Mirror World similar to Dreamland, but beautifully different at the same time. But it can be tampered with, or occasionally it will change in order to teach someone an important lesson.

At these times, it begins instead to only copy a person's darkest, foulest side. The result is a terrible being, concerned only with their own dark wishes and ambitions. Sometimes, they are quite weak, especially if the person copied is noble and true. But if the person copied has struggles with inner darkness... the results are nothing short of disastrous.

And sometimes, the darkest dark sides can be found within the greatest heroes.

Many years ago, a great hero came to Dreamland, a veteran of a terrible war. This hero was a knight, and he fought bravely for the side of the good and the Light- most of the time.

But underneath his shining, knightly exterior, this hero had darker ambitions hiding in the shadows. Truly, they remained hidden for a long time. But, eventually, there comes a time when even the strongest become weak against evil and temptation.

To make a long story short, the hero attempted to take over Dreamland. He was tired of how lazy and dull everyone around him was- and he had always found power to be a great temptation. A child hero came along and stopped him, causing his pride to take enough of a hit to calm things down for a long time. Whenever anyone asked him about these events afterwards, he claimed it was just a 'training simulation' for he and his crew. Accepting this answer, (since he had done many good things in the past,) the people of Dreamland returned to their lazy lives- and yet, they always wondered what would have happened if the young hero hadn't come along. How far would the 'training simulation' have gone?

To everyone else, the hero seemed to return to normal. But inside, his dark ambitions and a bit of a grudge against the younger hero continued to writhe within the blackest shadows of his heart.

One day, the Dimension Mirror suddenly began to copy dark sides. No one, to this day, knows what brought on this sudden change. Some muse that the Mirror decided it was time to step in. Others ponder if there were darker forces at work.

Whatever the cause, two of the first to be copied were the two heroes. One of the copies was weak, nearly powerless. But the other... this was certainly not the case.

This one was the first hero's dark reflection. He had no conscience, nothing to hold him back from doing whatever he wished. Nothing, that is, except for his origina-