--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Everyone, this is Laura. As you all know, we are learning about the two different Bonds of our kind: the Mate Bond and the Guardian Bond. Laura is Mira's Guardian and I thought it would be nice if you all learnt about Guardian Bond from her since she has first hand experience. So everyone sit in a circle and we can get started, okay?"

After Sheila introduced me to the class, I began regretting to agree to talk to them. It was a little unnerving having ten pairs of wide eyes staring at me. I thought the kids were going to be too busy picking scabs or talking to each other to listen to me, but I had their full attention.

I sat in a chair while they crowded around me, Mira right in front of me. I gave her a warm smile and pinched her cheek lightly before starting.

"As Ms. Sheila said, I'm Mira's Guardian, making her my Protected. For a Guardian, their Protected is the most important thing in the world. The Bond ensures that I put Mira first, before anything, even myself. It is not only my job to protect her, I am also in charge of teaching and disciplining her. To put it simple, it is my job to help her grow up and ensure all her needs are fulfilled."

A little boy with brown doe-like eyes raised a shaking hand in the air. I gave him a soft smile before he stuttered," s-s-so yo—you're like he-he-her mu-mummy?"

I nodded. "In a sense, I am. Guardian Bonds may develop in different ways. Some Guardians are more like friends or siblings to their Protected, or, like in my case, they are more like parents." I paused, debating whether I should say what I wanted to say. I decided it would be important for their understanding. "I first met Mira when I was ten and she was about eight months old. I had just lost my entire pack and I thought I would never find comfort in anyone ever again. I sensed Mira the minute I entered her pack's territory, hearing her cries, even though she was good ten miles away. I knew she needed me before I even saw her. The connection was established instantly and I became something like a surrogate mother, an adoptive parent.

"As I said before, the Protected becomes the Guardians top priority, and we push everything aside to take care of them. In order to be there for Mira, I pushed my grief aside and made Mira's needs the only important thing in my life. The Guardian Bond makes you forget about everything else around you. You forget your own worries, as your only concern will be if your Protected is happy or not. All you will care about is making sure they have everything they need."

A little girl sitting next to Mira blurted out, "Can the Bond be broken? Like the Mate Bond?"

My throat tightened as I thought about Kai and how he broke our Bond. Hell, he didn't even let it form. "Yes, it can also be broken. Unlike, the Mate Bond, the Guardian Bond is sealed immediately once the Guardian senses its Protected and doesn't need to be finalised with a bite. Rejection can only occur while the Bond is already in place. However, unlike the Mate Bond, the Guardian Bond can only be broken by the Protected. If Mira were ever to decide that I am no longer needed to take care of her, or she thinks I am not doing a good job, she can break the Bond by dismissing me."

Mira furiously shook her head. "I won't ever let you go!" She shrieked. "I won't let you leave."

I leaned forwards and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. "And I pray you never let me go, little one."

The kids watched our exchange in awe. The same girl who blurted out before raised her hand. I smiled and her, encouraging her to speak. "Why did Alpha Kai reject you?"