Epilogue

Ciellva and I would have been slaughtered if it were not for The Scarlet Crusader who came to our aid during the undead revolt. Though to our dismay, we had been separated from my wife and her kin. We would fight on till dawn peaked from behind the broken homes, the smoke and fires dying down. We had managed to save a few civilians, but Ciellva and I were exhausted.

Though I knew what I had to do. I could easily recount the hours I spent looking for her in the ruins of that damnable town. It was hard to look at some of the bodies, as they were torn to shreds. The Scourge was merciless - I knew that - but I had never seen it so up close before. Thankfully, some of the bodies were left behind rather than risen up into Undeath.

I called out for her, but would not get a reply. Hopelessness began to creep within my heart, as the thought of losing her started to plague my mind. I cried out once more.

"DUREFAE!" Tears started to fill the rims of my eyes. I made my way down another bloodied boulevard, only to find a Kaldorei form kneeling down at the end of it. Though, she was far from a typical Night Elf, and appeared more demonic than anything. She had large leathery wings along with a set of ram-like horns. I quickly recognized her as Fae's mother. She was wailing and weeping, holding something close to her face. I took a few steps closer, before I realized it was Ramios' head. She cried, her heart breaking within her strong chest. At that moment, I knew that I had lost her.

Forestfae was dead.

Ciellva watched, placing a hand over her mother. I glanced at her, trying to gather the words to break the news for her, but I could find none. She looked up at me with those sunken in, sickly yellow eyes, as her illusion had begun to wear off by the hour. I opened my mouth to speak, only to have those tears drip down my blood-Stained cheeks. She shook her head vigorously at me, beginning to back up.

"No. . .No, she has to be alive!" Ciellva shouted at me, the girl beginning to hyperventilate, despite being undead. I turned my gaze away from her. She let out a sorrowful cry, and all I could do then was offer her an embrace. She violently tried to push away from me, screaming and shrieking.

"Get away from me! Get away from me! If we were quick enough, we could have saved her! W-We could have-" She trembled, holding her own arms as she broke away from my hug. Tears dropped off of her decaying chin.

"Ciellva, please! We have to sick together!" I tried to calm her, but to no avail. The undead girl went sprinting off, exiting the ruined town. I went to go chase after her, but was stopped when I felt a hand upon my shoulder.

I turned to gaze up at one of the Scarlet Crusaders. He appeared to be an officer of sorts.

"Why do you cry, brother?" He inquired. I faced him fully, his red armour gleaming in the rising sun. He too was a Paladin. I did not wipe away my tears. I would not hide my grief, what would be the point?

"My wife. . .My life. . .The Scourge - they took her from me. They took everything!" I explained.

"Come with me, brother. We shall avenge your love. The Crusade shall rid this world of all undead taint. We will be centred with the Light once more." He held out his gloved hand, a kind smile on his bearded lips. I looked over my shoulder, Ciellva almost out of sight now. I furrowed my eyebrows, before looking down at my wedding band. I placed a kiss upon it, whispering.

"I'll avenge you, Durefae. . .Whatever the cost. Even my own life." I turned my blue gaze up to the Scarlet once more, taking hold of his hand. . .

~