twenty-three

back to that text notification. i woke up the next morning and reached for my phone. maddie was already up, so she smiled when she saw me.

"hey mads," i said looking at my phone. "ooh, demi texted me." i said smiling. mads frowned a bit.

"well she didn't text me..." maddie said checking her phone and then looking over at mine.

"good morning, gabriela. glad to have you know that you're coming on tour with me in a week! make sure to pack everything by tomorrow night, because you're coming to stay with me in my apartment until the tour. mom, dad and bella along with you are coming. questions? call me! love you." i said outside getting sadder as i reached the end.

why isn't mads coming on tour?

"hey mads, why aren't you coming on tour?" i said to her. i looked up at her and she looked like she was holding back tears.

maddie and demi love each other so much. what happened?

"i-i don't know." she said rubbing her arms. there's something that she's not telling me. what happened?

"okay, well it's the weekend. i assume since there's the tour, i'm not going to school for a while. want to go to starbucks?" i asked. she nodded, but then spoke up.

"wait. i'm low on money. mom and dad didn't pa-" she started. i laughed.

"chill, mads. it's my duty as a big sister to buy you things... even if i don't want to." i said smiling at her. she laughed.

we decided to walk since it was a fairly sunny day. on the way i decided to call demi and find out why she didn't invite maddie on tour.

"hello?" demi said on speaker.

"hey, dems. what are you doing?" i said.

"nothing. just getting some small things ready for tour that's all. you excited?" she said squealing cause me to laugh a bit.

"uhm, yeah. speaking of tour... is maddie coming?" i asked. there was silence for a moment.

"well, mom and i decided that it was best that maddie stayed with dallas for the tour. she's not exactly acting like a good kid." she said hesitating.

"what do you mean?" i asked. demi sighed.

"is maddie there with you? am i on speaker phone?" she said.

i looked at maddie and put a finger over my lips telling her to be quiet.

"no." i said, lying of course.

"maddie did something really stupid, and i'm surprised that you didn't notice." she paused.

i looked over at maddie and she was shaking her head.

"well, what'd she do?" i asked.

"she gave my password to all of my accounts to her friend, and her friend posted some pictures maddie had taken of me that were, private, let's say. now all of my lovatics, and mom and eddie, and the whole world now has some photos." she said. i rolled my eyes.

"damn, demetria. remember when you did that to me?" i said laughing a bit. i'm over it. tbh i look sexy asf.

"baby girl, i am really sorry." she started to ramble. meanwhile...

i hit maddie on her arm, "maddie why the fuck would you do that?" i asked. "i didn't think she'd do it." she said defending herself.