fourteen

i woke up to a, what, five year old dallas jumping on me saying, "get up! get up! get up!".

i groaned and turned so that she would fall on the floor with a thud. i have never laughed so hard in the past week.

i got up and went to the bathroom, to take a shower.

i feel really bad about george, but eh idk.

i decided to not cut, i am not really in the mood to explain to dallas why i was in the shower so long.

i got out and dried myself, but as i was drying myself, i tripped over the towel and fell into the sink making the cuts on my thigh open up.

"shit." i semi-yelled.

"you okay in there?" dallas asked.

"yeah!" i shouted back. "no!" i whispered to myself panicking. I was panicking because the towels in the hotel were all white.

i took the black jeans that i were planning on wearing today and wiped my cuts on those.

yes, it hurt. the jeans are about as rough as sand paper.

i quickly wrapped the towel around me when i was done, of course me being me forgot that they don't automatically just stop bleeding, so eventually i got blood on the white towel anyway.

i put on clothes trying to figure out a way to dispose of this towel, then i figured out how.

i stuffed the towel under the back of my shirt and made a run for it, stopping when i got to the kitchen. there was no sign of dallas, so i quickly disposed of the towel in the trash can sighing in relief.

"did you just throw away the hotel's towel?" dallas called out.

i jumped a bit as she made her way over to the trash.

i'm so stupid.

she picked the bloody towel up and held it in disgust.

"why is there blood on this towel?!" dallas asked concerned, but confused also. it's not everyday that someone has blood on a towel.

"i u-uh, i'm on my period, and i forgot." i said with a sort of smile.

she stood there with an eyebrow raised looking at me.

dang it, she doesn't beli-

"oh, haha. that happens to me all the time." she said laughing and leaving the towel back.

it does?

"anyway, what do you want to do today? we have some time on our-" dallas said before stopping.

"shit!" dallas said grabbing the keys to the car that was dropped off this morning.

"we have to get to the furniture store to pick out our things! our appointment is in five minutes!" she said.

my eyes widened and we dashed for the elevator.

"now, we have five minutes to get there." i said in more of a question form.

"yes...?" dallas said.

"and we now live in one of the biggest citi-, mhm you're smart, dallas." i said.

"well, hey there!" she was going to lecture me, but the elevator stopped.

we arrived at the car and dallas began speeding off.

the traffic isn't as bad as i thought it would be. we're still not going to make it though.

just then, i got an email.