fifteen

i decided today would be the day that i go to bella instead of going to dad.

it's just that she's a bit younger, you know? and she might get me a bit more.

i decided to let dallas stay asleep back at the hotel room and send her a text instead telling her that i'd be back soon.

as i reached dads door, i got a text back from dallas.

from: dallas

- don't stay out too long. we have things to do at 9, be safe, love you.

i put my phone in my pocket and knocked on the door. shortly after, bella came to the door with a towel around her hair and one around her body.

"hey sis." she said waving me in the door closing it behind me.

she began to walk into her room.

"dads not here, but if you wait there for him, he will be back soon."

"wait," i said standing up, "i came here to see you, instead of dad." i called out.

"oh, okay then, wait right there for a second." she said stopping and going into her room.

i heard shuffling and bumping and what seemed like another voice.

"okay!" she yelled out. i then followed her into what appeared to be her room. it was purple and had a lot of posters in it.

i went and sat on her bed as she turned around.

"talk" she said softly.

i nodded, "so i m-" i stopped, "oh, wow, okay." i said closing my eyes and turning away.

before i knew it, after i began talking, bella dropped her towel and began to change.

"what? we're family. chill." she said laughing.

sure, we are family, but... i don't want to see my sister like that.

"well, anyway. when i was back in texas, i had your mom, mrs. thorne, for a teacher. and well, before she sent me this email," i showed her the email, "i didn't put two and two together." i said.

she laughed.

"well it says she wants guillhermo to ex-" she started, but i interrupted her.

"no, but i want you to. that's your mother." i said.

"okay, so basically my mom has always had a passion for teaching, and so after not being able to find a job in the new york area, she eventually had to look elsewhere." she said taking a break.

"my mom was told by dad that he wanted her to look for one in your school, and it just so happened to be that there was a job opening in your school. so guillhermo wanted her to take it to look after you. and she did." she explained.

i nodded.

"okay, so why isn't your mom here living with you and dad?" i asked.

"well, before dad and your mom were together, my mom and dad were together and had me. my mom stayed in the area, but took me with her. after i was around 8, i decided i wanted to live with dad and she understood. but, before i lived with him, my mom and dad broke up, and he went with your mom. when i was 5 you were born. so basically, my mom is my dads ex girlfriend." she said.

wow, that's a lot to take in.

"well, i guess that's it, thanks b-" i said.

"wait," she said grabbing my arms. "can you do my hair for me?" she asked.