29

Zee

It was nearly 8 o'clock, the room was quiet, only the monitor beeping along with my heart beat. I had shut the TV off because nothing was on, but it was still early for me to sleep. So I'm stuck doing nothing.

My phone rings, I lean over, a pained moan escapes my lips as I grab it and answer.

"Hello?" I said in a soft voice, then I heard sniffles and a whimper. I repeat myself again with another 'hello'.

"I'm so glad you picked up your phone."

"Dean? What's going on, why are you crying?"

"I'm so hurt right now, Zee. I can't sit there and watch Seth and Chelsea be together. I sound selfish as fuck, I know, but I'm still falling in love with him, even after you and I. I thought us hanging out would change my mind about Seth, but it made things worse. Now I'm nearly drunk, and at a payphone. I'm so sorry for calling. I'm just pathetic right now." He cried, I've never actually heard Dean cry, nobody did as a matter of fact.

"Dean, I understand that you're feeling this way and you don't know what to do, but you can't be roaming the streets when you're drunk. Where is Seth and Chelsea?"

"I don't know, I left them about an hour ago? Maybe two?"

"Dean, you need to get back to the hotel. Where are you?"

"I-I actually don't know. Zee, I really dont know if I can do this."

"Listen to me, you have to be strong. Dont let Seth become your weakness, I truly understand that you love him but you can't drink yourself to death. It leads to bad things and I cant lose you, Dean. You have to take care of yourself. I know that you want Seth, and all, but you just have to let life handle all the relationships and happiness. If it's meant to be, then he will come to you. You understand?"

"I know, I get everything you're saying. I am just overreacting."

"No, you're not. It's a natural part of getting your heart broke. I know what that's like, and it really sucks. Go back to the hotel and relax."

"I don't know where to go. Atlanta is huge." He started crying again. "We took a taxi to go eat wings and it was kind of far from our hotel. From there, I walked until I seen the closest bar, had 3 more drinks and then found a payphone."

"Look around, Dean. Do you see any street names?"

"9th ave, and uh, Pine street."

"I'm going to call you a taxi, when you see him, just wave out. Love you, best friend. Please stay safe."

"Love you too. I will. Thank you for talking to me. It means a lot. Goodnight."

"Night, Ambrose."

I felt so guilty. Dean and I, are almost going through the same thing, and I just told him what to do. I shouldn't be bossy, when I have my own things to deal with. Fuck, I feel so horrible now.

♤♤

Roman

It was an awfully quiet night. Joelle went to sleep earlier than usual. It's about 8:30, and I'm laying in this full size bed, staring at the ceiling. I wish Zee was here next to me; she would be laying comfortably close to me, and we would be talking about something irrelevant rather than important. But that's the beauty of it, we never run out of things to say when we get to talk. At least, that's how it used to be. Before we had that big fall out, and before she started messing around with Dean..