09

"Joelle! My princess!" Roman yells running to his daughter who came into view. He lifted her up in his arms and twirled around as she laughed.

"I missed you daddy." She said in a soft voice, after he set her down.

"I missed you too, bug."

I couldn't help but smile at the two. It was so beautiful how they were towards each other. My dad was never around, watching me grow up. Only my mom, but we didn't have such a great relationship.

Roman and Joelle were as close as they could get.

"Remember Zee?" He asks Joelle. Her eyes lit up as she turned in my direction.

"Zee bee!" She used her nickname she gave me many months ago.

She jumped up into my arms and I caught her quickly. "Hey, Elle Belle. How've you been?"

"Good." She mumbles into my neck. I smile, setting her down.

"Lets get back to the hotel, I know two crazy uncles who are dying to see you, Joelle."

"Uncle Seth and Dean!" She said happily, running with her small purple suitcase.

Roman, being the dad, ran after her quickly.

This is going to be a long few days.

***

"Hurry up, stupid elewator."

"Its called an elevator, silly." Roman corrected his daughter. She crossed her arms, she was too excited to Seth and Dean, and this elevator happened to be slow.

Finally it opened and she yelled, running down the halls.

"Shhh! Bug!"

"You shush, dad. Which door?"

I laugh, listening to their small pointless argument. It was really cute, though.

"This door."

Joelle had knocked nonstop, causing an annoyed Seth to open the door.

"SETHY!"

"Oh my, Joelle!"

Dean was already in Seth's room and he came out after hearing the squeals.

"Wow, you're so big!" he said in a surprised tone.

"You're bigger." Joelle fought back and giggled.

"She's already learning from her mom, all sassy." Roman said to me, while he crossed his arms.

"Yep, I definitely remember that about Galina." It felt very weird after saying that. A feeling I couldn't really explain. You know when you have mixtures of emotions? Yeah, that.

"Okay, well Ms. Joelle, uncle Seth and Dean have to go see Stephanie. We'll be back later okay?" Seth said to her, patting the top of her curly hair.

"Okay. Buh-bye!"

"Bye dear." They headed down the hallway leaving Roman, Joelle and I, standing there.

I followed the two into Roman's room, and shut the door behind me.

"Don't unpack bug, we're leaving the city tonight."

"Okay dad." I sat on the messy bed, playing with my fingers.

"You girls be good, I'm going to get lunch. Be back later." He gave Joelle a kiss on the cheek and walked over to me.

"Keep the door locked baby." He whispers in my ear and quickly pecked my lips.