13

Hiii! I decided I'm going to start adding songs or poems into each chapter when necessary! (: enjoy!

She picked all the flower petals off all the flowers.
But in her heart, she knew
He loved her not.
-b.i

Zee's POV

"What flavor ice cream would you like Joelle?" I ask her, eyeing the ice cream stand menu.

"Chocolate with sprinkles!"

"Two chocolates please, only one with sprinkles."

The older woman smiles after taking the two, dollar bills from me. She scoops up our ice cream and hands it to us.

"Thank you!" Joelle says happily.

"You're welcome sweetie."

We walked down the side walk to find a picnic table, once we spotted one, we sat down.

"How was everything last night?" I ask her. Her lips went down, turning into a frown.

"I wish I stayed with you last night, Zee."

"Why? Was everything okay?"

"No, mommy and daddy were yelling about you." My heart sank a little, and I pursed my lips.

"Mommy was mad because you and daddy shared a room. And daddy was mad at her for saying that."

Suddenly, I didn't feel like eating my ice cream anymore. I held it tightly in my hands, listening to Joelle go on about their argument. To think, I was the cause of it. I was ruining a perfect marriage. I can't take anything Roman and I did, back. Although I barely felt guilty. Galina was cheating too, she's been cheating on him ever since he got the job.

"I don't like when they fight."

"Everything will be okay. I promise you. Hopefully soon they don't argue anymore." I put my hand on her free one.

She shrugs, not saying anything. After she finished her ice cream, I threw mine away and we went walking down the stone sidewalk again.

"Wanna have fun?" I pointed to an amusement park.

Her face lightened up, and we started jogging to the area.

I paid for us to get wristbands and tickets for the games.

"What do you want to do first?" She pointed to a carousel, the ones with the horses that go around.

After waiting in line, we found two pretty white horses with golden hair; and sat on them.

"Alright everyone! Hold on tight!"

Joelle giggled once it started going around at a decent pace. The whole time she had such a big smile on her face, I loved seeing her happy. She brought such a genuine feeling into this world.

"Can we see if uncle Dean and Seth want to come? I miss them."

"Sure!" I pull my phone out and dial Dean's number, then put it on speaker.

"Hello?" He asks.

"Hey, we were at the fair here in town and Joelle wanted to know if you and Seth would come join for the day. She said she misses you two."