21

Roman

Zee and Joelle were out having a day together, they were having lunch and going to go shopping to help Jo get her mind off things. I don't know what I would ever do without Zee, she's been such a help with my daughter and I appreciate it so much. Dean and Seth were coming over to the hotel room with some beer and we were going to catch up a little bit. I patiently waited on the bed for them, watching a bit of TV, then knocking on the door interrupted. I shot up and opened the door.

In came my best friends with a case of beer. Dean set it on the dresser and we all exchange bro hugs.

"How've you been bud?" Seth asks, making himself at home on the couch.

"Same old shit, new day. You?" I answer, and sit by him. Dean threw himself on the recliner.

"Pretty good actually."

"Ooh, why is that?" I smirk.
"Got myself a lady."

"What?!" Dean and I say at the same time, but Dean shot up afterwards.

"Whoa calm down Ambrose, but yeah. I went on a date with her last night and we hit it off well. Her name is Chelsea." Dean got up and opened the beer up, grabbing one. He passed Seth and I one too.

"I'm happy for you man. Congrats." I said opening my can up and taking a long drink.

"Yeah.." Dean trails off.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.
"Nothing, I'm good." I gave him a weird look but then shrug.

"Anyways, how are you and Zee?" Seth asks me, I smile.

"Great, dude. She's amazing. She's been helping me with Jo, and supporting me through the divorce."

"How does Galina feel?"

"I don't know, I'm sure she's upset, but that's my daughter. I'm not going to sit here and let my daughter get abused. Jo wants nothing to do with her. But like I said, Zee is doing a great job with helping her through this."

"The way you talk about Zee, your face just lights up." Dean comments.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No, man. It just means you're in love."

My eyes widen. "I just got out of a marriage I don't think I have time for a relationship. Zee is just, I don't know. I mean she's wonderful but I'm not looking for a relationship right now. I have to worry about Joelle..." I trail off but the door closes. Our attention turns to the door and Zee stood there.

"I forgot my wallet..." She whispers, sadly. I sigh, she heard what I said. Now she probably thinks I'm using her.

"Can we talk out in the hall?" I walk to the door and open it, going into the hall. Within a few seconds she was in front of me. "How much did you hear?"
"Enough. Roman, I understand you don't want a relationship but stop treating me like we are in one. Now i feel like you've been just using me as a sex toy! I thought we were building something together, something special.. But I guess I was wrong. I'll see you later." She walked off, leaving me there alone. I started feeling really shitty. With her walking away, sadness in her eyes, it made me realize that I hurt her. My heart just broke into pieces.

I really messed up.

Zee

I walked outside to the car where Joelle was, sitting in the seat.

"Are you okay? You look sad." She said, I buckled up and smiled fakely.

"I'm fine." I drive off, to a restaurant where we were going to have lunch.