The New Girl ~ Norgan

Morgan

I sighed and tightly gripped my binder as my mom drove off to god knows where. My family and I had just recently moved to L.A., which meant that I had to switch schools again. I used to hate changing schools, but I've gotten used to it unfortunately.

I cleared my head of the memories and walked into the school. A lot of people were standing at their lockers, most looking - no, staring - at me. I gripped my binder even more tightly and tucked my short, brown hair behind my ears. I had no idea where to go until someone who looked about my age, except taller than me, came up to me.

"Hi, I'm Nathan, but everyone calls me Nate," he introduced himself. "I don't think I've seen you here before."

"Yeah, it's my first day," I said shyly.

"Okay, so what's your name?"

"Morgan."

"Nice to meet you, Morgan. If you want, I can show you where the principal's office is."

"Yeah, that would be great."

"Then follow me."

He started to snake his way through the other students, and I trailed him as closely as possible, luckily not losing him. When he stopped at the office, I didn't notice him at first and almost ran straight into him.

"So this is the principal's office?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yep!" He looked at his bulky wristwatch. "I should probably get to class. See you around, Morgan!"

He dashed off to somewhere, so I pushed open the door to the office and walked in. The principal, who was on the phone, mouthed, 'One minute,' to me, so I took a seat in a chair by his desk. When he was done, he asked, "How can I help you?"

"Um, well, I'm a new student here," I replied timidly. "It's my first day."

"Ah, yes, you must be Morgan Want! Yes, yes, I know who you are, your mother called yesterday." He shuffled through a stack of various papers on his desk until he found two particular ones and handed them to me. "That's your schedule and a map of the school so you can find your way around. I will lead you to your first class myself."

He stood up and walked towards the door, motioning for me follow. I stood up and walked out with him. He led me to my first class, Economics, and walked me in, introducing me to class. As soon as that was all done, he left the room, and the teacher told me I could sit wherever I wanted to. I took a seat in the back corner of the classroom and opened my binder, prepared to take notes.

As I did that, I noticed a pair of chocolate brown eyes staring at me. I looked at the owner of them and realized it was the Nate I encountered in the hallway. I had managed to choose the seat right next to him. I sighed, hoping he wouldn't talk to me and get me in trouble on my first day again.

Nate

"Class, this is Morgan Want," Mr. Cooper said to introduce the girl with short, brown hair I recognized from earlier. "This is her first day, so please treat her with respect."

He left the room, prompting Mrs. Bashee to tell Morgan to sit wherever. She took the seat next to mine, so as soon as she noticed me, I asked quietly, "Is your last name really Want?"

"Yeah, it is," she quietly replied.

"That is quite an interesting last name."

"Yeah, I know."

I didn't talk to her after that because Mrs. Bashee started to drone on about whatever the fuck the lesson was about and I knew how she gets when students talk. I had gotten in trouble on the very first day of school from talking to my friend, Hunter. Never again.