I Watched Him Die ~ Daylor

Forewarning: prepare tissues.

I sat, drumming my fingers on the table, bored like crazy, when my phone lit up, showing Dan's mum's caller ID. I gasped, realizing that it might be the end, and shakingly answered it.

"He-hello?" I stuttered.

"You need to get to the hospital immediately," she deadpanned.

"Is he dying?"

"I don't honestly know."

"I'll be there immediately."

"Thank you."

With that, she hung up the phone, so I wiped away a few stray tears and ran out the door, anxious to see him before he died.

Don't think that way.

I huddled down and continued running, ridding my brain of thoughts of death, especially Dan's coming death and Phil's past death. I don't want to lose everyone close to me.

When I got to the hospital, I forced my way through shouting doctors to get to the elevator, getting on only to get off and force my way through again. I somehow got to Dan's room quickly, despite all of the doctors.

A nurse I'd never seen before stopped me from going in. "Family only."

I struggled against her grip. "Let me in! I need to see him!"

"Family only."

"I am like his family! He's my boyfriend, and I need to see him before he freaking dies!"

"I'm sorry, but family only."

"No! Let me in!"

"Let the person in," someone from inside the room commanded.

The nurse relented and let me in. I ran in to find Dan lying on the bed, somewhat aware, with a few doctors and his mum around.

I ran to his side. "I'm here, baby. I'm here."

He blinked at me. "You're here."

I softly chuckled as I grabbed his hand. "Yes, I am."

He pressed his lips to mine, only stopping to say, "I'm 90% sure we shouldn't be doing this right now."

"I don't care."

I deepened the kiss, everyone in the room leaving at different times until we were alone. I scooted on top of Dan to get in a better position. When it really started getting heated, I stopped him.

"You're in no condition to be doing this, Dan," I pointed out.

He sighed. "You have a point."

I snuggled into his chest. "I thought you were dying."

"I haven't yet, but I think I will."

"Please don't think that way, love."

"It's hard when it's true."

Right then, his heart rate monitor started beeping more rapidly. I crawled off of him to let it relax, but it only slightly keep increasing. I panicked and went for the call button when Dan stopped me, giving me a pleading look. I gave up and returned to his side.

"I think I'm dying," he said quietly.

I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces.

I can't live without Dan.

I just can't!

I buried my head into Dan's shoulder and started crying. Dan put his arm around me and comforted me as best as he could, his heart rate still slowly and steadily rising.

"I don't want you to die," I choked out.

He sighed. "I don't want to die."

Suddenly, doctors burst into the room, immediately attending to Dan. One started to pry me away, but I tried to keep a hold on him. Eventually, I was successfully pried away, but I stayed as close as I could. During the final minutes of his life, he gripped my arm and spoke to me.

"I have a request," he barely whispered.

"What is it?" I asked in a quiet voice.

"Let my viewers know about my death."

"Of course, Dan."

With that, he closed his eyes. "I love you. Don't forget me, Taylor."

The monitor flatlined.