Mai vs Marik

~Sera~
As of now we were all standing around Odion's bed as the doctor examined him.
"How is he, doctor?" I asked.
"So far, Odion's heart rate is steady, all his tests were fine, but I'm afraid all the mental stress he's gone through had left him unconscious," the doctor replied.
"You're telling me, I could use a nap myself," Joey said.
"The doctor means he's been knocked out, Joey. Sera, you should be thankful you're not in the same state," Tea told me. I nodded running a hand through my hair.
"Yeah, I know. We were both standing right there when Ra went insane, but I'm perfectly fine," I sighed. I thanked the doctor before he left and I took a seat next to Odion.
"Yeah, aside from the brain damage going into it," Tristen teased.
"Tristen, so not the time," Kendra told him.
"I guess we won't find out who he is until he wakes up," Duke said.
"Actually, Sera, don't you..."
"No," I interrupted Joey.
"No? What do you mean no? You know him, right? How?" Joey asked me. I sighed irritated.
"Look, I'm not ready to talk about it right now, alright?" I asked almost in a snappy tone. Joey put his hands up in surrender.
"Alright, alright, I'm sorry I even asked," he told me. I sighed.
"Sorry, Joey...it's just too much is going on right now," I said to him.
"Hey, I get it. Don't worry about it," Joey said with a small reassuring smile. I smiled a little bit and I felt Yami place a hand on my shoulder.
"What we do know for sure is that he was determined to protect Marik for as long as he could," he replied.
"And for what? Just look at him, Odion's laying here in a hospital bed and Marik could care less if he ever wakes up again! That Marik's nastier than they get!" Joey said.
"What do you expect Marik to do? Send flowers? Poor Odion, it's time when you're down that you need friends around the most," Mai said. I nodded.
"You got that right, Mai. When I was unconscious, I had a dream and you guys were all in it. It reminded me that you're always going to be right there with me and it was like you were right there on the field with me, you know?" I asked.
"Yes, Sera," Yami replied giving my shoulder a gentle squeeze. I smiled a little more.
"And having you all there with me gave me the strength to get right back up and win," I finished. They all smiled at me.
"Hey, Sera, didn't you say on the field that you had a Millennium Item too? I know you talked about the Crystal, but you never really said it was an Item," Tea told me.
"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," Joey said.
"I didn't, I was there when she dug the pretty thing up," Kendra smirked. I nodded.
"Yup, the Millennium Crystal," I said holding the Crystal up.
"So, what does it do?" Duke asked.
"That...I'm not fully sure. I mean, it doesn't have a spirit like the Puzzle or Ring, but it has magic. I've learned a few of its powers," I replied.
"Powers? What powers?" Mai asked. I looked around and saw a plant.
"Okay, look at the plant," I pointed. I stayed on the bed as everyone looked across the room. I moved my hand like I was sliding something, the plant moved making the others look in awe. "That's only one of the many powers I have," I said.
"What else? Something cool?!" Joey asked. I nodded.
"Yup, I can put up a shield, see my past, show others my past, and I speak to dragons," I told them. Now they all looked skeptical. "I mean it, just ask Yami. I've spoken to Rainbow Dragon and Slifer," I told them. They all looked at Yami who nodded.
"I was there when she did so. Sera's past life was a Dragon Whisperer. Rainbow Dragon who was named Lira, was her partner. Apparently Seraphina was close with the Egyptian Gods as well," Yami stated. I nodded.
"I guess so. Slifer thought I was Seraphina and the way Ra looked at me was like he knew me, but he didn't say anything, and I haven't really seen Obelisk," I told them. They all nodded. I then got an idea. "I think I know how to heal Bakura's arm," I said to them. They all looked confused, I ran to Bakura's room and they all followed. I sat next to Bakura and concentrated on my Crystal which started to glow. I pulled my hand away which was glowing light blue now. I placed it on Bakura's arm until the glow disappeared. I then removed he bandage and he was healed. I grinned. "Well, I can heal injuries...just things like that though," I said. After a little bit, we all left the room.
"Wait, Sera," Mai said. I looked at her. "Was I in your dream too?" She asked. I smiled.
"Of course you were, you are my friend after all," I told her. She smiled back and nodded.
"Good, I hope Odion feels better soon," she told me. I nodded at her and she walked off. Yami grabbed my hand and pulled me into his arms. I hugged him back feeling his warmth and inhaling the scent of sunshine and warm spice. Something came to mind.
"Kaiba didn't really care about me when I got struck by lightning, did he?" I asked as I my head rested in the crook of his neck. I felt Yami's arms tighten around me a little.
"No...no, he didn't," Yami told me. His voice, it was filled with pain and regret. He didn't want to tell me knowing it would hurt me. I nuzzled his neck.
"Should have figured," I said. Yami kissed my head. We pulled away and kissed. I felt his hands cup my cheeks as one of my hands held his. We pulled away, his thumbs gently stroking my cheek bones. I sighed in content before I kissed one of his palms. "At least I have one amazing guy in my corner," I said looking at the man I love. Yami smiled at me and kissed my forehead.
"Always," he whispered. I kissed him once more.
"I'm going to go check on Odion, he needs a friend there in case he wakes up," I told him. Yami nodded.
"I'll come get you if you have to duel again," he told me. I nodded and we went our separate ways. I went to Odion's room then and sat in the seat next to his bed. I soon fell asleep. When I woke up, I saw something in front of me. I focused my eyes...the Millennium Rod.
"You were brave but stupid for standing up to me. Now, if you don't step aside, I'll send you to the Shadow Realm," Dark Marik told me. I glared at him.
"Go to hell," I growled. He is not going to hurt my friends or Yami. He smirked.
"Have it your way then," he said. It's then I fell into complete darkness.
~Yami~
We were all standing on the sidelines as we watched Marik and Mai duel in the Shadow Realm. Mai was gradually losing her memories of all of us, we all wanted to help her and get her to safety, especially Joey. He was the most determined to get her out of there, but if he stepped onto the platform he would be disqualified. I also can't use my Puzzle to help since I've been threatened by Marik. If I used it then he would send all my friends to the Shadow Realm. Now Mai has possession of the Winged Dragon of Ra and is trying to figure out how to use it while Marik has Holding Arms on the field.
"Now that you've stolen my Egyptian God Card, why don't you try to use it against me?" Marik asked her.
"That's the Winged Dragon of Ra?!" Mai asked shocked as she looked at the golden orb.
"What's the deal?" Tristen asked.
"What's that ball?" Tea asked.
"Somehow the dragon is locked inside," I told them.
"Well, somehow Mai's gotta set it free. She can end this now!" Joey said.
"Only I can tap into the power of the Winged Dragon of Ra," Marik said. He's not alone, Sera can do it too. I know she can. "I told you this isn't a mere duel, we're playing a Shadow Game with ancient magic beyond your understanding. Not only am I erasing you memory with every monster I destroy, but once you lose this battle to me, your mind will be trapped here, confined in isolation for eternity!" Marik told her.
"No, we can't let this nut win!" Joey shouted.
"Now, as for my Egyptian God Card, you were a fool to think you'd be able to use it. Only individuals with the knowledge of the ancient scriptures can wield the power of Ra," Marik stated.
"Give me a break, you're just jealous 'cause you lost your Egyptian God Card to a better duelist and I'm gonna use it to knock you out of the finals, bud! You're Winged Dragon answers to me now!" Mai told him. Marik chuckles.
"Then why don't you try reading the ancient test at the bottom of the card?" Marik asked her. Mai looked at her Duel Disk.
"Huh? What's that?" She asked.
"That is the ancient chant used to call upon the hidden powers of the Winged Dragon of Ra. Well, why don't you try reading that chant? Or perhaps you're in need of a lesson in the ancient scriptures, my dear? Well, why don't I read the change and gain control of it?" Marik asked.
'If Marik recites the ancient words, the dragon will obey him!' Yugi said.
"Stare at the card all you want, you'll never decipher the ancient words printed upon it. It's written in a special form of hieroglyphic print, used only by high ranking individuals in Egypt and I doubt you fit that category. However, my family does, they guard the Pharaoh's tomb," Marik told her.
"Whatever," Joey said obviously not interested in a history lesson.
"I bet that Kaiba or Sera could read it. In fact, several people on this vessel can trace their history back to ancient Egypt to a time when sorcerers and kings waged great wars. Back then the power of the Shadows was everywhere and the world feared those who could control it!" Marik stated.
"Blah, blah, blah! I don't need a history lesson to learn how to control the actions of my duel monster!" Mai told him.
"Maximillion Pegasus certainly did and he knew how to receipt the ancient text when he created the card, but he knew that in ancient times the Winged Dragon only obeyed those who chanted the words. So Pegasus printed the words in an ink that could only be seen when the monster is summoned. I'll ask you again, are you reading the chant? Or shall I release the Winged Dragon of Ra? This is your last chance, foolish girl. Show me how you control an ancient god!" Marik laughed.
"Laugh it up, psycho boy," Mai said to him.
"Be careful!" I told her.
"Ah man, with no other monsters on the field, if Mai's attacked by the Winged Dragon, it's over!" Joey said.
'Marik must've planned this from the beginning! He wanted Mai to take his card!' Yugi told me. I silently agreed.
"Time is running out, my dear. So make your move! Unless you're willing to admit defeat. Remember, you have no monsters on the field to protect you and that means, I can use my Egyptian God Card to attack your life points! So prepare to lose and live in an eternity of loneliness and despair! This is your final opportunity to wake the Winged Dragon of Ra!" Marik told her.
"I place one card face down and end my turn," Mai told him.
"It's over. I summon Holding Legs. So sorry, my dear, but say goodbye to that face down card now. For when summoned, Holding Legs sends every magic and trap card back to the player's hands and when placed together with Holding Arms, this card has another special ability. It calls forth the Ancient Stone of Ota," Marik said as a stone tablet appeared behind Mai.
"What's going on?!" Mai asked.
"Well, with no monsters I'm able to attack your life points directly. So be prepared to lose everything right now! Go, Holding Arms and Holding Legs, seize her!" Marik ordered. It's then Mai's wrists and ankles were restrained. "Comfortable? The worst is yet to come, so stand back!" It's then Mai is pinned to the stone.
"Oh no!" We all gasped.
"Oh yes!" Marik said.
"Mai!" Joy called out.
"Hey, I can't move. What kind of hologram is this?!" Mai asked.
"I never said that was a hologram. You and I are playing a Shadow Game, or don't you remember? Whatever happens here is real. Now attack her life points at once!" Marik ordered. Mai is then attacked bringing her life points to 800.
"Mai, are you alright?!" Joey asked her.
"That voice...it sounds so familiar..." I heard Mai say. Marik laughed.
"Your friends are all gone now," he told her.
"That's a lie!" I yelled out as my Puzzle glowed.
"I don't need you intruding on my Shadow Game again. You and I will duel soon enough and things are beginning to get interesting up here. For it's time to awaken the Winged Dragon of Ra! Be reciting the ancient change and reclaiming my great beast! So I can finish this duel once and for all!" Marik said.
"If Marik gets control of that thing, Mai's gonna be in major trouble!" Tea said.
"Great beast of the sky, please here my cry. Transform thyself from orb of light, and bring me victory in this fight..." Marik started his chant.
"Hey, check it out, guys!" Joey told us. The light was coming from the orb and it began to move.
"Marik's chant is awakening the ancient god monster! Now the beast belongs to him again!" I told them.
"Envelop the desert with your glow and cast your rage upon my foe. Unlock your powers from deep within, so that together we may win. Appear in this Shadow Game as I call your name, Winged Dragon of Ra!" Marik finished. "Behold my great beast! The most powerful of all the Egyptian God Monsters! It's time now to end this duel!" Marik said.
"Just hang in there, Mai!" Joey told her. If Marik attacks with the Winged Dragon of Ra, Mai will lose the rest of her life points! And she'll be trapped in the Shadow Realm forever! Marik laughed.
"Such a pity it has to end like this, my dear. Your mind is a mere shadow of its former self and it's growing even dimmer. And chained to that stone, you can't reach your deck. As soon as my monster attacks, your world will crumble!" Marik said.
"Hey, Yug, we've got to stop this!" Joey told me.
"That's enough! Leave Mai alone! Your grudge is against me, not her!" I shouted to Marik.
"That's true, Pharaoh, but I'm having a little fun up here. There's nothing I like more than toying with someone's mind!" He told me.
"Marik!" I growled.
"Don't worry, we'll face each other soon. It's something I've been waiting for since my family insisted I'd bear the ancient scriptures on my back. Cursed to carry the secrets of the ancient power until their return," Marik told me.
"The Pharaoh's and Queen's secret?!" I gasped.
"And although this duty has brought great honor to the Ishtar name, it has brought me nothing but suffering and despair. For generation my family has waited hopelessly for the Pharaoh's and Queen's return. Except for me! Searching for the ancient Pharaoh and his Queen is a game for fools! Giving up my life just to serve five thousand year old royals?! When all along I hold the key to their great powers! I shall become the king!" Marik told me. I have to figure out the secret on Marik's back! "I always knew I was destined for greatness, I just need to collect all the right pieces so I can put together my destiny!"
"This madness has to stop! Understand?! Right now!" I shouted.
"This madness has just begun! Tormenting your little friend's mind up here is merely practice, soon you shall suffer! While the world finally cowers in fear before me! This Shadow Game is over! The time has come to trap your mind in the shadows forever!" Marik shouted. Joey suddenly runs across to the other side.
"No! Joey!" I called.
"Hey, ref! Pull the plug on this duel!" Joey ordered.
"That's a violation of the Battle City rules!" Roland told him.
"Then I'm going it for ya!" Joey told him climbing up.
"You'll be disqualified!" Roland told him.
"Big deal!" Joey replied running over to Mai.
"It's all over..." I heard Mai say.
"Well put, my dear. You're about to feel the rage of the gods!" Marik told her.
"Oh no!" Joey gasped.
"Winged Dragon of Ra, direct attack!" Marik ordered.
"Look out, Mai!" Tea, Kendra, and Serenity shouted.
"Farewell," Marik smirked.
"Hey, Mai, I'll get you out of this," Joey said reaching her. "Don't worry, you're going to be alright," he told her.
"It's that voice...who is it?" I heard her ask.
"Big brother!" Serenity called.
"Please be careful!" Tea shouted. Joey tried to free Mai.
"It won't budge, man!" Joey said.
"Who's there?" Mai asked.
"Mai, it's me," Joey told her.
"You sound so familiar to me, like an old friend," she said.
"Come on, you just gotta remember who I am, Mai," Joey pleaded.
"I'm not sure..."
"Try harder, look in my eyes," Joey said holding her face in his hands. "It's me," he told her.
"Joey?" She asked.
"That' right, it's Joey and I'm not going to let anything happen to you, Mai 'cause we're friends," he told her.
"We're friends? Us?" She asked.
"You know it and I'm always here for you. No matter what. You're my friend, Mai," he told her.
"Wait a sec...Joey!" She gasped.
"You remember now?" Joey asked.
"Let's go, get me out of these chains!" Mai told him.
"Alright! Now that's the Mai I remember! Ah man, these things are even tighter than I thought!" Joey said trying to free her.
"Forget about me, Joey! Just go!" She told him.
"No way, Mai! Not without you!" Joey refused.
"Now, Winged Dragon of Ra! Destroy them both!" Marik ordered. Ra attacked.
"Listen Joey! Don't be a hero! Just go!" Mai urged.
"Look, I'm staying right here!" Joey told her standing in front of her.
"Thank you..." Mai told him.
"Hang in there! You're gonna be okay, Mai, I promise. And I never break a promise to a friend," Joey said. I jumped up and ran in front of them, my back to the attack.
"That's enough!" I shouted. I then felt the attack and groaned in pain.
"Yugi!" Joey and Mai shouted. I heard Marik laugh.
"Well, isn't that special. It appears I'll be able to destroy Yugi sooner than I thought," Marik said. I looked at him.
"Not quite! Your dark shadow powers will never penetrate me! I will shield everyone from your evil!" I told him.
"I doubt it. Nothing can withstand the unstoppable force of the greatest creature to ever walk the Earth, the Winged Dragon of Ra! All three of you are finished!" Marik told me. I cried out from the attack and collapsed. After a little bit, I woke up and did my best to stand, still in pain.
"Yug!" Joey gasped.
"Don't worry, I'm fine, but are you and Mai okay?" I asked.
"I'm fine, but Mai's not doing so well. Marik pulled something freaky with that Millennium Rod. He said he trapped her brain in the shadows," Joey told me.
"Yeah and then he said she's going to lose all her memories!" Tea added.
"Alright, you geeks. Clear the field for the next duel!" Kaiba called over.
"Save it! I'm dueling next and I need to prepare the duel with Yugi! So the torment can begin!" Marik said to him. "Oh, I just remember something important," Marik said. Marik was at the elevator as he turned to me. "Pharaoh, you want to know more about your power, I'd suggest you talk to your little friend Sera," he told me. I glared.
"Sera? Why?" I asked him. I knew she was destined to help me, but what happened?
"She knows why more about me than you think. Although, it would be useless to ask her now," he said. My eyes widened.
"What do you mean?! What have you done to her?!" I shouted. He smirked and threw something over to me. I caught it and opened my palm.
"Sera's Millennium Crystal!" I gasped in horror. The others were shocked as well as I glared at Marik "What have you done to her, Marik?!" I repeated. He laughed.
"Go see for yourself in Odion's room," he told me as the doors closed. I looked at the Crystal, I couldn't feel anything coming from it!
"Yami, go to Sera. She needs you. We'll take care of Mai," Kendra told me after she knelt beside me. I nodded and ran to the elevator. I made it to the room and pressed the call button, no answer. I tried a few more times, but still nothing.
"Sera!" I shouted banging on the door. "Sera, please open the door!" I shouted.
"Yugi, what's going on?!" I heard. I turned and saw Mokuba.
"Sera's in danger, I need to get in!" I told him. He unlocked the door quickly and we ran in. I then saw Sera on the floor next to Odion's bed. "Sera!" I ran over and fell to my knees beside her as I collected her into my arms. She was still breathing, but not moving...just like Mai was. "Sera...no, please...I'm sorry...I shouldn't have left you alone..." I told her hugging her body to me as I felt tears. Mokuba knelt down.
"I-is she okay?" Mokuba asked afraid to know. I shook my head as my tears strayed down.
"She...she lost her soul...again," I told him remembering Duelist Kingdom. Mokuba's eyes widened knowing what I meant. Tears flooded his eyes and he hugged his sister with me.
"Big sister!" He sobbed. After a little bit I pick her up and we walked her to her room. I laid her on her bed and I sat down next to her, holding her hand. The others rushed in.
"No!" They all gasped running over.
"Is she..." Serenity started to ask. I nodded letting the tears fall. She cried into her brothers arms. Mokuba was calling for Kaiba while I looked at the Millennium Crystal.
'She can't be gone...Sera...' Yugi said sitting on the other side of her. He looked at me. 'You can't blame yourself, Yami. She wouldn't want that. None of us knew it would happen,' he told me. I looked at the Crystal then put it on Sera.
"What happened? What's going on?" I heard. I turned and saw Kaiba.
"She's had her soul taken away, Seto," Mokuba cried.
"Yeah...just like Mai," Joey said looking down.
"What are you talking about souls taken away? All of this is just a trick," Kaiba said. I turned and glared at him.
"Kaiba, you, Sera, and Mokuba have all had your souls taken away before, remember? Pegasus took them away at Duelist Kingdom," I reminded. He didn't say anything to me, he looked at Sera.
"But...she can't be....she can't be gone..." he said. I could hear the fear and worry in his voice. I heard a groan and looked at Sera.
"Sera?" I asked cupping her cheek, rubbing my thumb gently. She opened to eyes to see me. She was dazed and confused.
"Y-Yami?" She asked. I sighed of relief and smiled at her.
"Thank goodness, you're alright. I thought Marik took your soul," I told her.
"He almost did," she said. I looked at her confused. "The Crystal protected me at first. He took it off then I think. Now that it's back...I'm okay," she said. Of course, I gave her that Crystal years ago to protect her.
"Are you okay, big sister?" Mokuba asked her. She gave a tired smile.
"Yeah, I'm okay, Mokie. So, what happened?" She asked. We all frowned. "What? What is it?" She asked.
"Mai...her soul was taken," Joey told her. Sera's eyes widened and I saw tears. I pulled her too me. Mai was one of her best friends and now she lost her. Kaiba sighed.
"I have a duel in two minutes. Anyone who wants to see should go up now," he said. Sera pulled back wiping her tears. She went to stand, but he placed a hand on her shoulder to keep her there. "No, you need rest," he told her.
"No way, I'm gonna watch," Sera said stubbornly.
"Why? So you can give me another heart attack? Forget it," Kaiba told her.
"He's right, Sera. He'll be fine, and we'll all be there. We'll also let you know what happened...just please rest," I told her softly. She sighed and nodded. She looked at Kaiba and frowned. She then hugged him, Kaiba hugged her back without hesitation.
"I'm so sorry about what I said, big brother," she told him.
"No, you were right, about everything. I'm the one who's sorry, little sister. I wasn't exactly the best big brother to you," he told her. I couldn't help but smile at this. Sera had her caring brother back. "Oh and change your name back to Sera Kaiba," he told her making her chuckle.
"You got it, big brother," she told him.
"You need to get ready for your duel, Kaiba," I reminded. He nodded and kissed Sera's head.
"Get some more rest," he told her before he left. Mokuba hugged Sera and she kissed his head before he followed Kaiba.
"I'm never going to get used to this side of Kaiba...ever," Joey said making Sera giggled a little.
"Come on, guys. We better get going," Tea said. The others left, but I stayed.
"Aren't you gonna go watch?" Sera asked me as I played with her hand, tracing shapes. I nodded.
"I just wanted to make sure you're really okay," I told her. She smiled at me.
"I'm fine, Yami, really. Go watch my brother and cheer him on for me," she told me. I smiled at her, I then kissed her before I left. I couldn't help but thank god that she was okay. Marik, you will pay for trying to take her soul away. I'll make sure of it.