Sera vs Odion

~Sera~
We all had left Bakura's room to look for my so called brother when we heard Roland's voice over the comm.
"Attention Battle City Finalists, with the completion of the opening duel, there will be a half hour intermission. At the end of this intermission all the remaining finalists are instructed to report to the main Concorde for next selection of the Battle City match up," Roland announced.
"We have to help Bakura," Yugi said.
"And land this thing. So let's find him, he's gotta be in one of these rooms. You know which one, Ser?" Joey asked me. I shook my head.
"No, I don't. Otherwise you'd be seeing me giving that ass a piece of my mind," I said glaring at the ground. I knew I was getting worried looks from my friends, but I didn't care.
"You guys, this is a restricted area," I heard. We turned and saw Mokuba.
"Hey, Mokuba. Where is your brother?" Yugi asked.
"That's his room, but you don't wanna disturb him," Mokuba said. I scoffed.
"Like I give a damn what he wants now. He didn't when I asked him to help us," I said glaring at Seto's door. Joey started banging on the door.
"Hey, open the door! Let's go, Kaiba!" Joey shouted.
"Whoa, are you nuts?! He's preparing for a duel! Stop it!" Mokuba yelled. I grabbed Mokuba before he could run up to stop Joey.
"Mokuba Kaiba, that's enough. There is more at stake than this stupid tournament," I told him with a stern tone. He stopped struggling and looked at me sadly. Joey wasn't getting any luck and I walked up. "Let me try, Joey. Seto Kaiba, you open this door up right now or I'll override the lock! You know I can!" I threatened. Seto opened the door.
"If it isn't Wheeler and my sister. You're lucky to even by in my tournament and yet you insist on making a nuisance of yourself over and over again," Seto told Joey.
"That did it!" Joey growled. Tristen jumped in front of Joey.
"There's no time to pick a fight so just calm down, man!" Tristen told him.
"Kaiba, you've got to help us!" Yugi said.
"What now?" Seto asked.
"Bakura's hurt, we have to land now. He needs to see a doctor right away, Kaiba," Yugi told him.
"You're asking me to do the impossible," Seto said walking into his room where we followed. He sat down. "We can't make any unscheduled stops."
"Don't you understand? Bakura needs help!" Yugi told him.
"He's been unconscious since losing his duel," Tristen said.
"And if he gets any worse than he is right now, you'll be responsible!" Joey added.
"That's risk I'm willing to take," Seto said calmly. I was just looking at my twin in disbelief. I don't even know him anymore. He wasn't the same sweet guy I would go to if I had a problem, for when I need a shoulder to cry on, when I needed a friend. I don't know who this guys is.
"Please, Kaiba. This is really important, show some compassion. Pretty please," Serenity begged. Seto looked at her.
"How can you say no to that face? Serenity's right," Tristen said.
"He shouldn't have left the hospital in the first place. This is Bakura's own fault," Seto told them.
"Kaiba, please! Isn't someone's health more important than your silly game?!" Serenity asked. I scoffed.
"I don't think anything is important to him anymore," I said leaning against the wall arms crossed. Everyone looked at me since this is the first time I've spoken up.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Seto asked me. I glared at him with anger and disappointment.
"What I mean, Kaiba, is that you've become so obsessed with power and getting the Egyptian God Cards that you've forgotten what's really important. Don't you get it? There's something much more going on here than your pathetic little tournament!" I told him.
"Oh please, not this crap again. I haven't got time to listen you're your silly little..."
"No. You will listen to me, Kaiba!" I growled as I marched over, slamming my hands on the arm rests and keep my face inches from his. "Why can't you just stop being so god damn stubborn and listen to what we have to tell you?! Lives are at stake in this tournament and right now Bakura's life is one of them! You need to land this stupid blimp so that we can get Bakura some help or so help me god I'll do something I won't regret for another ten years," I growled. Seto stared at me in shock. Come on, I've never talked to him like this before.
"If you don't listen to us then listen to your sister! Land this blimp pronto or get ready to say hi to the business end of my fist!" Joey told him. Seto moved me aside.
"I told you already, Wheeler. We're not landing," Seto said.
"Then let's dance!" Joey said. Seto moved. "Hey, come back here!"
"Relax, Joey!" Yugi told him. I sighed.
"Guys, there's no point. I bet Kaiba doesn't even care enough if I was the one hurt. Maybe even Mokuba. All he cares about are some stupid cards...I bet he wouldn't care if I jumped off this blimp right now," I said keeping my back to Seto. I cared about the cards, but I have to get a point across to Seto. Seto pushed something then.
"Send a medical team to Bakura's room," I heard Seto say. We all turned to leave then. "Sera, wait," he said. I looked at the others.
"I'll catch up with you guys later," I told them. They all nodded though Yami looked worried as he stood beside Yugi. Everyone left, even Mokuba.
"Sera, what is going on with you?" Seto asked me. I kept my back to him.
"There's nothing going on with me, Kaiba," I told him.
"When did you start calling me Kaiba?" He asked shocked. Obviously he expected me to call him Seto when the others were gone.
"Because...you're not my brother. I don't even know my own brother anymore," I said.
"Don't know me? What are you talking about?" He asked turning me around.
"I'm talking about what I said earlier. You've become so obsessed about getting power that you've forgotten what's truly important. You've forgotten about the people who care about you and have helped you make all of this happen. Without us, there wouldn't even be a tournament," I stated.
"You've been hanging around with those losers for far too long. They practically brainwashed you," he said. I shook my head.
"No, they woke me up so I could see the kind of man you really are. You're nothing but a cold, heartless monster. When we were kids, I used to come to you with everything after we lost our parents! I looked up to you! I come home and you turn into that asshole that adopted all of us!" I told him.
"I'm nothing like Gozaburo!" He snapped.
"Oh yeah? You've done nothing to prove me wrong! Sure, you pulled me out of the ocean yesterday, but that was out of a guilty conscience," I stated feeling tears.
"After what that man did to us, you want to have a go at me?" he asked.
"Don't blame him for who you have become! Before I left, you were a sweet guy! I come back and you're acting just like him! What's next? Are you going to beat me so that I listen to you too?! And what about Mokuba?! He shouldn't have to see you act like this! You don't even know half of the crap I went through with that pathetic excuse for a man that adopted us! I'm surprised I wasn't the one who turned out like him! But I didn't, I kept my heart open all this time for you and Mokuba! Now that I'm back I wonder if you even have a heart!" I cried. Seto's eyes saddened.
"Sera...I..." he tried to reach for me but I stepped back.
"Save it, Kaiba. I have to prepare for your precious tournament." I turned and went to my room not knowing that Mokuba was there. I laid on my bed and cried. I heard a knocked on my door. "Kaiba, if that's you then go away!" I cried. The door opened.
"Sera..." I heard. I looked over to see a saddened and worried Yami. As soon as he saw my tears he ran over and sat next to me. He pulled me into his arms and I cried into his chest.
"I-I don't even know my own twin anymore," I sobbed.
"Shh," he shush soothingly. I felt him kiss my head as I sobbed.
~Yami~
I held Sera as she cried in my chest. She was really hurting over this and I couldn't do anything! I looked over to find everyone had walked in and were watching Sera with sad gazes. What she didn't know is that we overheard hers and Kaiba's argument. Kendra looked the most pained next to Joey and Serenity. I knew Joey and Serenity thought of Sera as a sister.
"All remaining finalists must report to the main Concorde. The next two duelist will now be chosen," Roland called over the Comm. Sera sat up and wiped her tears away before grabbing her Duel Disk.
"Come on, we have to go," she said to us. I frowned, she sounded broken. We all followed her out and I grabbed her hand.
"Sera..."
"I don't wanna talk about it right now," she said softly. I sighed and nodded. After a little bit of waiting, I heard Joey talked.
"Come on, if you're trying to distract me from my duel, it's not going to work," he said.
"But, Joey, what if there was some kind of ghost?" Serenity asked. She winked at me and I got the message.
"Come on, ghosts don't exist..." Joey said as I walked up behind him. I placed a hand his shoulder.
"Are you ready for the next duel?" I asked innocently making him jump.
"Don't sneak up on me like that!" He shouted. I then saw Sera giggle a little bit making me smile. Tristen told us about who saved him and Duke from going over the blimp. I knew it was Shadi since he visited me before I went to see Sera. I grabbed Sera's hand and we went to the main hall.
"Finalists and guests. May I have your attention please? The second duel of the Battle City Finals is about to begin," Roland said.
"That's right and the selector will randomly pick the next duelist," Mokuba added.
"Remember your numbers, if you are selected, you will be taking part in the second duel of the finals," Roland said. A ball came you. "And the first duelist chosen is Number Two, Sera Kaiba!" He called out.
"Actually, it's Sera Yuki," Sera corrected. I saw pain in Mokuba's and Kaiba's eyes.
'Yuki?' I asked.
'My real name was Sera Yuki before I was adopted,' she told me. I nodded. Roland nodded at her.
"Miss Yuki's opponent in this duel is Number Eight, Marik Ishtar," Roland said. I saw Sera's eyes harden and I saw a smirk. She's looking forward to this.
"I hope you brought a parachute 'cause Sera's going to blast you right off this blimp. You got that, Marik?" Joey asked. We followed as Sera and Marik made their ways to the platforms.
"The winner of this duel will advance to the next round of the Battle City Finals. The loser will be dismissed. Alright, it's time to begin, so if you'll take your places on either end of the playing field, we can get this duel underway," Roland said. Sera went to her spot and shuffled her deck before putting it in the slot. Marik did the same. Sera looked at Marik with a glare.
"I hope you're ready, Marik! I'm about to take you out and make you pay for what you have done to my friends and my little brother!" She called over. He didn't say anything, just took out his Millennium Rod. She glared and I saw a small light flash from her blue Crystal. "Is that supposed to scare me? Put that away and duel like a real man, you coward," she lowly growled.
"Very well," he agreed before putting the Rod away. I could see Sera was a little shocked by this but she hid it well.
"Hey, Seto. If he really is the leader of the Rare Hunters, then he must have a ton of rare cards in his deck," I heard Mokuba say.
"There's only one card in his deck that I care about and that's his Egyptian God Card, the Winged Dragon of Ra and hopefully Sera will last long enough for me to see how that card works so I can win it for myself," Kaiba replied. I saw Sera clench her fists. I used the Puzzle's connection with her Crystal to read her mind.
'Even after our little talk it didn't sink into him. Of course he wouldn't care what happened to me in this duel as long as he gets what he wants,' she thought. I had refrain myself from marching over and punching Kaiba. "Alright, Marik! Let's do this!" She told him. I let Yugi take over then.
"It's time to duel and destroy you!" He told her.
(Marik-4000, Sera-4000)
"Don't count on it, Marik! I'm not scared of you! I'll start!" She told him.
"That's right! You're the girl, sis!" Joey told her.
"Show this robed weirdo who's the boss!" Mai called out.
"Show him what you're made of, girlfriend!" Kendra cheered. Sera looked at her hand.
"Come on, Sera, you can beat him!" Tristen said.
"Yeah, but I'll bet she's never had an opponent as unpredictable as this guy," Duke said.
"Well, we've all seen the evil Marik is capable of and it's pretty obvious he's not to be trusted," I told them.
"Sera's just gotta keep her cool," Tristen said.
"Alright, Marik, I'll summon Guardian Ceal (1700 ATK) in attack mode and I end my turn with him," Sera said.
"I'll play Temple of the Kings. A card unlike you've ever seen!" Marik told her. A temple appeared behind him then.
"What's the deal with that building, Marik?!" She asked him.
"The structure behind me is the ancient Temple of the Kings. Within this five thousand year old sanctuary lie the greatest treasure of the King of Egypt," he told her.
"And what does it do?" Sera asked.
"To protect the King's treasure, it limits the amount of magic and trap cards you can play in one turn," Marik answered.
"Oh crap," Sera mumbled.
"And in front of the temple, I'll lay two cards face down as a boundary of protection and with this move, I end my turn. So attack me if you dare, you have no idea what danger lurks within these temple walls," Marik told her.
"Marik hasn't even summoned one monster!" Tea said.
"Attack his life points!" Joey told her.
"That's stupid," Duke said bluntly.
"Oh and why's that?" Joey asked. Kendra sighed.
"Because Marik probably wants her to attack so he can activate his face down cards and put a serious hurting on Sera. It's way too risky," Kendra told him.
"Good point," Tristen agreed. I looked back at Sera.
'Okay, Sera, you just need to stay cool, calm, and collected. You can do this, you know you can. Just don't be stupid and do anything rash. That's it! I can use that to wipe out his temple and his other cards then I can attack with my monster and put a serious dent in his life points!' I heard her think.
"What's the delay? Don't you realize that no matter what you do you're finished, Miss Kaiba? So make your move," Marik told her.
"One, its Miss Yuki and two, I will make my move," Sera told him. She drew a card. "I'll summon Celtic Guardian in attack mode (1400 ATK) and I think I'll leave there for now," she said.
"Sera's got to attack him sometime," Tristen said.
"I'm sure she's got some kind of plan," Serenity said.
"Yeah, after all, this is Sera we're talking about," Kendra agreed.
"Observe, you fool. I'll place two more cards face down on the field and now my moves complete," Marik told her.
"Now Marik's got four face down cards," Yugi stated.
"That spineless snake is just going to sit back and wait for Sera to attack him. When she does, Marik will spring one of his traps, it's the oldest and wimpiest tricks in the book," Mai said. Sera drew her next card.
"Alright, I summon the All Seeing White Tiger (1300 ATK) in attack mode," she said. 'Now I have enough monsters to wipe out his life points, all I need to do is get rid of his magic and trap cards,' she thought. "Marik, it's time for me to demolish that temple of yours! I activate the magic card Giant Trunade!" She said.
"Yes! Now Marik will have nothing left to defend himself!" Mai said.
"It looks like Sera's the winner," Yugi said as I smiled looking at Sera. The spiral went towards Marik, but all of a sudden the spiral stopped.
"What?! Why did it stop?! Your cards should've gone by now!" Sera said shocked.
"Your Giant Trunade is no more and your troubles have only just begun!" Marik told her.
"I don't get what just happened...my Giant Trunade was supposed to have wiped out every card you had on the field," Sera said in disbelief.
"What's the deal?" Yugi asked. I wanted to know as well.
"When you made the very foolish decision to activate your Giant Trunade, Miss Yuki, you in turn triggered one of the most dangerous traps I've placed on the field to protect myself," Marik told her. Sera glared.
"Is that so?!" She growled.
"Yes and now it's time for you to pay the price for your mistake. You see, with all of my trap cards in play, I knew you wouldn't attack me with a monster, you'd try to destroy my traps with a magic card," Marik stated.
"So you played a trap card that destroys magic cards," she said.
"But that's not all that it does. The trap that you just triggered is about to devastate your monsters and an extremely large portion of your life points! So prepare to feel its wrath right now! Go, Judgment of Anubis! Never have you experienced a trap with a destructive force such as this! Judgment of Anubis will now annihilate every monster you have on the field and deduct half of their attack strength from your life points!" Marik told her.
"No way!" Sera gasped.
"Anubis destroyed!" Marik ordered. A purple wind shot forth at Sera's monsters. "Building an army of powerful monsters was a grave miscalculation because they're about to disappear with more than 2000 of your life points," he told her.
(Marik-4000, Sera-1900)
"When you see the horrors that await you, those monsters will be the last thing on your mind," Marik told her.
"By thinking she had the duel won, Sera fell right into Marik's trap!" Tea said.
"That's right, Tea. Sera thought that by not attacking with monsters she was safe from Marik's traps. Though the trickiest and most dangerous cards in duel monsters are trap cards, now Marik's field is full of them!" Yugi said.
"Let's just hope Sera learned her lesson because one more mistake like that and she can kiss the finals goodbye. And she's come too far to lose it all to a creep with a bad attitude, not to mentions a bad hair do, it's more like a hair don't," Mai said. God, Sera, I hope you come up with a good strategy.