Dungeon Dice Monsters Part Three

~Sera~
I watched at Duke's Battle Ox went to attack Yami's Knight of Twin Swords.
"Knight, quickly switch into defense mode! Just in time," Yami smirked as his monster when into defense mode. "Sorry, Devlin, but in defense mode my knight has a defense power of ten meaning that your Ox's attack will only do twenty points of damage. He'll lose twenty of this thirty hit points from your Ox's attack, but he'll still remain on the board," Yami told him. That's my Knight! I looked at Duke.
"Take that, Devlin!" I stuck my tongue out. Duke growled.
"It's my turn now. Go, dice roll!" Yami rolled his dice. "I'm activating my Knight's special ability by using both these attack crests. Now he's allowed to attack you twice in one turn and make two assaults on your beast's hit points. Go, Double Slash attack!" Yami ordered. His Knight attacked Battle Ox. "Face it, Duke, your Ox has been gored," Yami said as the Battle Ox was destroyed.
"No, my Ox! That Knight slaughtered him!" Duke said shocked. His cheerleaders whimpered. Joey howled with glee and cheered. I grinned.
"Great move, Yugi!" I told him. Yami smiled at us before smirking at Duke.
"Your turn, Duke, but this time you might want to steer clear of my monsters," Yami told him. Duke chuckled then just laughed...okay, bad feeling.
"So you were able to defeat my Battle Ox, Yugi. So what? My last brilliant move wasn't just about creating another monster, it was about building out my dungeon path," Duke told him.
"Your dungeon?" Yami asked.
"That's right! Just take a look at your dungeon pathway, you dunce," Duke said.
"What about it, Duke?" Yami asked him.
"I'll tell you what, Yugi. It's been stopped right in its tracks," Duke told him. We all looked over. "See my red dungeon path? Do you see how it reaches from one side of the board all the way cross to the other, creating one solid line in front of your blue path? Well, guess what, Yugi. You're dungeon path can't cross it and that means your monsters can't get to my heart points on the other side of it. You're stuck, Yugi! You can't build your dungeon path forward anymore! You're completely boxed in!" Duke told him. I looked worried at Yugi.
"He's trapped me!" Yami gasped.
"What's going on here?" Tea asked.
"I'm not sure I follow either, Tea," Tristen answered. I sighed.
"It's simply really. Devlin's red dungeon path expands from one side to the other. Since one dungeon path can't overlap another and Yugi's path is behind Duke's red one, Yugi can no longer continue to build his path forward," I explained. Duke nodded saying I was right.
"But if all of Yugi's monsters are stuck behind that dungeon then they can't get to Duke's heart points and that would mean..." Tea trailed off. Joey sunk down.
"That I'm stuck in this costume," Joey groaned.
"And I'm stuck being Devlin's girlfriend for a month," I grumbled.
"And the so called King of Games over there is about to be forced into an early retirement," Duke smirked.
"There's gotta be some way Yugi can still win," Tristen said hoping.
"Well, actually there is. Yugi could always try cruising his monsters though my dungeon path," Duke said still smirking. Joey stood up.
"He can move through your path?" He asked.
"Sure, if he doesn't mind running his monsters through a virtual gauntlet because to get to my heart points, they'll have to survive everyone one of my monsters that he meets on the way," Duke informed.
"Every one?" Tea gasped.
"But that means all those monsters would get pulverized!" Tristen said.
"No joke! My roll now," Duke said. Duke picked up his dice and I heard a chuckle. "Just perfect," Duke held up a die. "Know what this is, Yugi?"
"Looks like a black die," Yami answered.
"A very rare black die to be exact and with it, I'm going to finish you off and win this game! Go, dice roll!" Duke rolled his dice.
"Well? What is it?" Yami asked.
"A pair of summons. Dimension the dice! Now you'll see the power of the black dice," Duke smirked.
"Oh boy, what's Yugi gonna have to contend with now?" Joey asked. A black hole appeared.
"Behold, the Warp Vortex!" Duke said.
"W-what?" Yami asked.
"Warp Vortex, guess I'll have to explain this now too. The dark hole you see before you is a special summoning only a rare black die can produce. It's a cosmic portal, when monsters jump into it they're sent to another place on the board instantly. This other place is determined by anywhere the second Vortex is laid. That's where the monster pops out. It take two Vortexes to complete the circuit creating a warp tube. And guess what, Yugi, I already got the second location all picked out, deep within your territory and well behind your defenses. It's the perfect spot for easy access to your heart points. Now, Yugi, all that stands between you and defeat is the time it takes for my automater to spit out the next rare black die! And I have a feeling it won't be long now, so start working on your retirement speech," Duke told him. I looked at Yami worried. There's not much he can do, he has to build up his defenses and quick. Yami rolled his dice.
"Two summons! Dimension the Dice! Now, Devlin, let's see how well I've learned your game. I summon the Strike Ninja. His high speed allows him to move three spaces for each movement crest," Yami said.
"High speed, huh? Nice try, but he doesn't come close to the warp speed my Vortex will give me. Speaking of which, check out his baby," Duke held up another black die.
"What is it?" Yami didn't see it.
"It's my second black die. Now I'll roll to complete the warp tube and then finish you off for good," Duke told him. My friends and I were worried. Duke rolled his dice. If he summons another Warp Vortex then Yami is finished! I looked at Yami.
'You can do this! Have faith!' I thought to him. He nodded. The dice landed.
"No Warp Vortex!" Yami said.
"You lucked out, this time," Duke said. We all sighed in relief.
"I'm going to have a heart attack at a young age. I can just see it," I said to myself. Now it's Yami's turn.
"What? It's a..." Yami smirked. "Devlin, I've just found a major hole in your plan. Or if you prefer, a vortex thanks to this," Yami held up a black die.
"A black die?!" Duke said shocked. I smiled at Yami as me and our friends cheered.
"Go, dice roll!" Yami rolled. "Excellent, a pair of summoning crests. Dimension the dice! Now I place a second Warp Vortex so that I have easy access to your heart points! Strike Ninja, jump into the Warp Vortex!" Yami ordered. The Strike Ninja then took off. Man that Strike Ninja really is fast.
"No! He's gone into the warp hole! But that means..." Duke trailed off.
"That's right, Devlin! He'll come out on your side of the field!" Yami said as his ninja appeared by Duke's first monster. "Now, Strike Ninja, attack and destroy his Ryu-Kishin! Stealth Slash attack!" Yami ordered. Like that, Duke's monster was destroyed. "Alright!" Yami smirked as we cheered. I looked at Joey and nodded.
"Yugi! Yugi! Yugi!" He and I cheered. I looked at Duke and smirked.
"I hope you enjoyed the taste of your own medicine!" I told him. Duke glared at me. He then took his turn. He groaned.
"My roll failed me!" He growled.
"Go, dice roll!" Yami rolled his dice. "Perfect, a set of movement crests. Strike Ninja, advance!" Yami ordered. His Ninja ran. "Now, Strike Ninja, attack his heart point! Lunging Palm Thrust! Attack now!" Yami ordered. Duke then lost a heart point. The girls cried as me and Joey cheered with Tea and Tristen.
'That's my Knight! I knew you could do it!' I thought to Yami who sent me a smile. I then heard Duke chuckle. What!?
"I'm sorry, Yugi. It's just been so long since anyone's destroyed one of my heart points. You should really give yourself a pat on the back, 'cause I guarantee you, it's not gonna be happening again!" Duke told him. He then took his turn. "Perfect, a level three summoning. Dimension the dice and unlock my undefeatable monster! I summon Orgoth, the Relentless! And next I'll use two magic crests and activate Orgoth, the Relentless' special attack to raise his power from twenty to thirty! And now I'll use two of my movement crest dice and position Orgoth to attack!" Duke chuckled as his huge monster moved. "Orgoth, the Relentless, attack Strike Ninja. Diamond Blade Strike!" Duke ordered. Yami used his help screen. "Your Ninja has been destroyed!"
"I wouldn't be so sure if I were you," Yami smirked.
"What?!"
"Why don't you take a closer look, Devlin?" Yami asked. Duke looked over.
"What? I don't see any...huh? No! He can't be! There, i-in the smoke! The Strike Ninja!" Duke said shocked.
"Sorry, Duke, but just before Orgoth, the Relentless attacked, I activated my Ninja's special ability with a stored trap crest. It allows him to quickly dodge any attack that's waged against him and escape harm!" Yami informed. Duke doesn't look too happy...hehe! "It's my roll now, Duke," Yami rolled his dice. "And now I can attack again. Strike Ninja, Lunging Palm Thrust!" Yami ordered. Another heart point was taken from Duke. My friends and I cheered. One more attack on Duke's heart points and I and Joey are free! "I believe I've taken the lead now, Devlin," Yami smirked. Duke glared and rolled his dice.
"Now, Orgoth, show that Ninja why you're called Relentless! Diamond Blade Strike!" Duke ordered. Yami's Ninja was destroyed.
"Oh no! His Ninja's been wiped you!" Tea gasped. I looked at Yami worried again. Orgoth is really strong and if he gets to Yami's heart points, Yami's done for! Yami grabbed his dice and rolled.
"Looks like I rolled a movement crest with a double movement bonus, Duke. I'll use it to position my Knight of Twin Swords between your monsters and my heart points," Yami said.
"Nice try, Yugi, but none of your monsters can withstand the force of Orgoth, the Relentless," Duke rolled his dice. "And he's coming for you! Orgoth, advance four spaces!" Duke ordered. Oh no, Orgoth is heading for the Warp Vortex! "Scared yet? Remember how you used the Warp Vortex to sneak behind my lines? Well, two can play at that game. Orgoth, jump into the Warp Vortex. You know how it works, Yugi. With Vortex he instantly warps to your side of the field. The end is near, Yugi!"
"I think not! Maybe you've forgotten, Duke, but remember I still have one more heart point than you do," Yami reminded. He grabbed his dice. "And now it's my turn. Go, dice roll!" Yami rolled his dice. "There! Using the movement crests I'll build a wall around my heart points. First I'll move Thunder Ball into position, then Mighty Mage, and finally, Knight of Twin Swords."
"How sad, the so called King of Games is in a desperate retreat! You coward!" Duke rolled his dice. "Now you'll see how a real master plays. I'll use two movement crests from my crest pool to move Orgoth, the Relentless to attack range. With the magic crests I rolled I'll raise Orgoth's attack power by ten, giving him a total of forty! I told you Orgoth was relentless, now witness the strength up close. Orgoth, the Relentless, attack Thunder Ball and show your power! Diamond Blade Strike!" Duke ordered. Thunder Ball was destroyed. "It's tough to watch, eh, Yugi?" Duke smirked. His cheerleaders...well, cheered. I sighed. I really hope Yami wins this or I'll be in hell for a whole month. Yami only has two more monsters left and Duke's taking out Yami's defenses one by one. I know Yami has been in tough spots before, he's always gotten out. Right now, he still has the lead, that's good for now. I looked at Yami. The game isn't over yet, Yami. You can still do this! "Poor Yugi. Now what? You can't summon anymore monsters because there's no room left in your territory. You've played well for a first timer, Yugi, I'll give you that much, but there's no way a hack like you could have beaten the great Pegasus. Now I'm going to expose you as the fraud you really are," Duke told him. I glared. When Yami wins I'll break it to Duke about how Yami won against Pegasus and his cheating trick!
"Don't write that victory speech just yet, Devlin! This games not over! Go, dice roll!" Yami rolled and check his help screen. I saw a smirk. "I checked out my help screen, Duke and found Mighty Mage's special ability that allows him to attack opponents two spaces away. Mighty Mage, Lightning Staff attack!" Yami ordered.
"No worries, I can weaken your magic attack with one defense crest. Orgoth, the Relentless, activate defense!" Duke ordered.
"No! Orgoth withstood the force of Mighty Mage's attack!" Yami gasped.
"That's right, Yugi. Orgoth only took ten damage points dropping his hit points to twenty," Duke told him.
"But because Orgoth has an attack power of forty my Mighty Mage took twenty damage points, but that still leaves twenty hit points left. He's not finished yet, Duke," Yami said.
"He will be after my next turn. Alright, go, dice roll!" Duke rolled his turn. "Advance one space, Orgoth, the Relentless. Right now, Orgoth has an attack power of forty, but his special ability allows me to use six magic crests to increase his attack power by thirty points. More than enough to obliterate your Mage," Duke informed.
"Even you should know it takes more than strength to win, Devlin. Without strategy, power's just an empty threat," Yami stated. I nodded agreeing.
"Is that so? Orgoth, attack Mighty Mage! Super Diamond Blade Strike!" Duke ordered. Mighty Mage was destroyed. Now Yami only has one more monster between Duke's monster and Yami's heart points! Yami has to find a way out of this! Duke chuckled. "Looks like your beginner's luck has finally given out, Yugi," Duke told him. I looked at Yami
'What if he's right? Dungeon Dice Monsters is a different game! Maybe I'm just not good enough to beat Duke. Poor Joey and Sera. I promised to get them out of this! Now I'm about to let my best friends down,' he thought. I frowned, it almost sounded like he was giving up!
"Give it up, Yugi! Stop wasting my time and surrender!" Duke smirked. I glared.
"No! Yugi won't give up! He has been in tighter jams than this, so this match won't be any different. He has something important to fight for while you don't!" I said to Duke.
"I am fighting to prove he's a fraud," Duke told me. I shook my head.
"No he's not! Yugi had something to fight for then too! He had to fight for his grandfather who was taken by your idol, Pegasus! Pegasus was the cheat, he even cheated on your game! I should know, I've seen it when Pegasus dueled my brother! My brother lost and his soul was taken because of it!" I stated. Duke glared.
"You lie!" He snapped.
"No she's not! Yugi, you can't surrender to that blow hard!" Joey told Yami.
"That mutt just won't learn!" One of the girls said.
"Bad, bad, dog!" The other said.
"That's it! Get the muzzle!" The last said.
"Muzzle yourselves! I've got something to say here!" Joey snapped at them making them back up. Joey looked back at Yami. "Don't let Duke rattle you, Yug. You've been in tougher situations against better duelists than this guy and you've always turned it around. You even whooped Pegasus and he was as good as they come! You won the entire tournament at Duelist Kingdom, Yugi!" Joey told him.
"Even so, this is different!" Yami said.
"Come on! This is no time to be humble, buddy! You won the championship because you were the best gamer on the island! Better than Weevil, better than Mako, even better than me, Sera, and Mai! All because you believed in the heart of the cards! No matter who your opponent was or how tough he seemed, don't forget you defeated the inventor of Duel Monsters at his own game! You can beat this joker at his! You can't let this Duke Dork shake ya! You're the King of Games, Yug! So what if Dungeon Dice Monsters has a few new rules? If you just believe in yourself you can still win! You taught me that, pal!" Joey told him. I nodded agreeing with my blond friend.
"What he said!" Tristen agreed.
"Joey's right, Yugi! You gotta keep the faith!" Tea told him.
"Inspiring speech, Joey. No one can accuse you of rolling over and playing dead," Tristen teased. I smiled at Yami.
"Sure, our souls aren't on the line this time, but you've always pulled through. You just have to remember we're all fighting alongside you! I fought alongside you when you dueled Pegasus and you won. My dragon and your Magician worked together and defeated him! All of us are here and we will help you win, Yugi!" I told him next. Yami smiled at us.
"You know, your both absolutely right, Sera, Joey. I can never forget what made me Duel Monsters champion in the first place. Believing in the heart of the cards while having my friends believe in me. Dungeon dice Monsters is no different. So long as I have the same faith my dice that I had in my dueling deck I can still win this. So I'd advise you to keep an eye on your last heart point, Duke because I'm coming after it!" Yami told him. I smiled.
'Trust in your heart. Let's do it, partner,' Yugi told him.
"Quit stalling, Yugi. I've got a game to win," Duke said.
"Or to lose! Go, dice roll!" Yami rolled his dice. "Now, I use that movement crest to move my Knight forward two squares! Then I'll add four attack crests from my crests pool to the two attack crests I rolled giving my Knight a total of six attack crests. I call on the Knight of Twin Swords! Double Slash attack!" Yami ordered. His monster attacked.
"You amateur! You may have six attack crests, but I have Gurenzou's special ability! He can change any crest in my pool to defense crests which allows him to further shield Orgoth from your attack!" Duke told him. He activated the defense crest then. Knight attacked, but his attacks were blocked.
"I can't believe it! Orgoth stopped all six of the Knight of Twin Swords' slash attacks!" Yami gasped.
"I say your times just about up, Yugi. In a few more rolls of the dice your heart points are gonna be history! And now you see just why they call Orgoth the relentless. You're finished! You've got nothing left," Duke said as he rolled. "Orgoth, the Relentless, attack the Knight of Twin Swords!" Duke ordered.
"Against an attack power as high as Orgoth's my Knight is doomed! There's nothing I can do to protect him anymore!" Yami said.
"Diamond Blade Strike!" Duke ordered. It was then Yami's Knight was gone.
"No, it's gone!" I and others gasped.
"That was your last monster, Yugi. Now nothing stands in my way! This is gonna be sweet!" Duke said.
"Duke's right, I have nothing left to protect my heart points from his final assault," I heard Yami said.
"I'm only one move away from breaking your heart. Pack it in, Yugi," Duke told him.
"It's easy to give up, to give in when things get tough, but that's not the way to win. I won't quit no matter how hopeless it seems, Devlin. That's not the way to get ahead either in Duel Monsters or in life! You know a lot about this game, Duke, but you've got a lot to learn about the people you play. Maybe by the time this match is over you'll have learned more than just a new Dungeon Dice rule," Yami told him. He then rolled his dice.
"What you got, preach?" Duke asked.
"No match. There's nothing I can do this turn," Yami said.
"So much for your philosophy. You're the one that's about to be schooled. Just watch the master roll his dice," Duke took his turn. "Perfect, to more movement crests. I move Orgoth, the Relentless two spaces putting him in attack position! Orgoth, the Relentless, attack Yugi and his heart points!" Duke ordered.
"No! Yugi!" I shouted with Tea. His next heart was gone.
"It's okay, Yugi. You still have one heart point left," Tea said trying to be optimistic.
"You only have one more turn before Orgoth destroys your last heart point. Finally, I'll avenge Pegasus' loss and show everyone what a phony you are, Yugi," Duke told him.
"I wouldn't gloat just yet, Devlin! All I have to do is summon a monster and I can turn this match around!" Yami said.
"Dream on! Sure, its sounds simple, but I control the field, Yugi! You don't have any room left to dimension the dice!" Duke stated. I looked at Yami. You must have faith, Yami! "Millions of gaming fans around the world are glued to the TV waiting for me to show you up for the fake you really are. So this is the moment of truth, Yugi," Duke said.
'He's right. It is the moment of truth. I know there's still one monster that can help me win. I just have to believe and call on it right now!' Yami thought. "Go, dice roll!" Yami rolled his dice then. I crossed my fingers hoping. The dice landed...a level four summoning! Joey and I cheered.
"Nice roll, too bad I've got you so boxed in you can't dimension the dice!" Duke pointed. Yami chuckled.
"Don't be so sure," he smirked.
"What do you mean?" Duke asked.
"There's more than one way to dimension the dice, Duke Devlin. You just have to believe," Yami stated.
"Don't tell me how to play my game!" Duke glared.
"I'll let the dice tell you. Dimension the dice!" Yami said. His die appeared on the field.
"He doesn't stand a chance!" Duke said. Yami's dice unfolded and laid perfectly. "No! It's falling perfectly into alinement! You completed the summoning!" Duke said shocked.
"Yes, and now I summon the Dark Magician!" Yami said. I grinned. His best monster! He always wins with that!
"The Dark Magician?!" Duke was even more shocked.
"The Dark Magician has never failed me, Duke. All I had to do was trust my dice and sure enough he has appeared!" Yami said. Duke really has underestimated Yami and Yugi. "I move the Dark Magician forward. I'll use his forty attack points to bring down Orgoth, the Relentless. Dark Magic attack!" Yami ordered. It was then Orgoth was destroyed. "With only twenty defense points, Orgoth couldn't stand up to my powerful Magician," Yami said.
"Hang that from your ear and dangle it, Dukey-boy!" Joey said. I jumped up.
"Go, Yugi! That's what we've been waiting for!" I cheered. Joey and I high fived and bumped hips.
"Your comeback ends now!" Duke threw his dice. "Ha! I move the Dark Assailant!" Duke said. His monster moved and landed on the chest.
"What's that skull head up to?" Joey asked. Good question.
"Remember when I told you about item summoning, Yugi? The time has come! Dark Assailant, open the treasure chest!" Duke ordered. His monster did so. "Say hello to the Monster Cannon!"
"Monster Cannon?" Tristen asked.
"What's that thing do?" Tea asked next. It was a dragon with a canon.
"What's it do? It takes down Yugi's Dark Magician! What's the matter, Yugi? You never heard of the Monster Cannon? That's too bad, because if you had you would know that Monster Cannon's a weapon that fires a monster at the enemy instead of a cannonball. Today's target, your Dark Magician. Monster Cannon, ready, aim..."
"I activate Dark Magician's special ability now!" Yami ordered.
"You what?!" Duke asked shocked.
"Dark Magician, conceal yourself with Magical Hats! Feeling lucky, Devlin? My Mage is under one of these hats, but you only have one shot to get it right," Yami told him.
"Your carnival tricks won't save you this time, Yugi. Monster Cannon, attack the Dark Magician underneath that second hat from the left! Fire!" Duke ordered. The attack was made. "It's gotta be there!" Duke said to himself. The smoke cleared.
"It looks like you guessed wrong," Yami smirked.
"No! It can't be! He survived?!" Duke asked as the Dark Magician came out.
"I should thank you, Duke for making the Dark Magician's special ability in this game the same as it is in Duel Monsters," Yami said.
"Gurenzou, retreat to your original square!" Duke ordered. His monster went back.
"You can run, Devlin, but you can't hide!" Yami rolled his dice. "I'll use those two magic crests to activate another special ability! My Dark Magician's Mystic Box!" Yami said. The box appeared and Dark Magician went inside. "Your Warp Vortex inspired me to find an alternative path towards your side of the field," Yami said.
"How you gonna do that? By skewering your own monster?!" Duke asked. I smirked.
"Take a closer look, Devlin," I said. The box doors opened and the Dark Magician was gone, but Gurenzou was in his place.
"No! Gurenzou! Dark Magician switched spots with my monster!" Duke shouted. The Dark Magician reappeared and shook a finger at him making me giggle.
'That never gets old,' I told Yami who chuckled at me.
"And now he's in attack position and there's nothing between us to protect my heart points!" Duke said.
"Which means he'll deliver the final blow! Dark Magic attack!" Yami ordered. It was then Duke's last heart point was gone. That means...that means...I grinned.
"JOEY AND I ARE FREE!" I cheered.
"My dog days are over!" Joey cheered next. Joey and I hugged happily. I ran over to Yami and hugged him making him laugh, but hug me back.
"I knew you could do it! I just knew it!" I grinned. I pulled back, both of us smiling. "Here's your reward, my Knight," I said. I then kissed his cheek making him blush. Hehe. Now were at Duke's place.
"Yugi, I'm sorry I accused you of cheating. The better player won today and it was you. You proved you really did beat Pegasus fair and square. I was such a creep today and thanks to those TV cameras the whole world knows it. My store is ruined and no one's gonna wanna play Dungeon Dice Monsters now," Duke said. Yugi and I smiled.
"That's not true at all, Duke. Dungeon Dice Monsters has the potential to become a huge hit!" Yugi said.
"True, I haven't seen a duel this exciting since Duel Monsters. You've got to keep your store open," grandpa told him.
"There's more than enough room for two game stores in town. I've got a feeling once Dungeon Dice Monsters takes off, you'll both have all the customers you can handle," Tea said to him.
"No way, do you really think so?" Duke asked.
"Sure! Dice Monsters is great. It's you I don't like," Joey told him. The dog thing really got to him.
"I'd love to learn how to play Dice Monsters," Tristen said to him.
"I can teach you," Duke smiled.
"Now that Joey's out of the dog house and Sera doesn't have to go out with you against her will, maybe things will get back to normal around here. Which means I can finally get back to playing Duel Monsters," Yugi said.
"So that's it? How can you let me off so easy, Yugi? I was a total jerk to you and your friends," Duke said confused.
"The game is over now. Let's just leave the fighting on the field because revenge leaves with nothing but more bad feelings, Duke. And if you're truly sorry, the best thing to do is be friends," Yugi told him. I nodded.
"I am sorry and you're offering me something better than winning," Duke said. Yugi held a hand out.
"Friendship always is," Yugi said. The two shook hands then. I then heard chirps from his computer.
"Hey, Duke, sounds like you got some new email," I pointed.
"Anything good?" Joey asked as Duke checked.
"Whoa! Industrial Illusions did send a contract after all and they wanna Dungeon Dice Monsters global!" Duke grinned.
"Congratulations, Duke. That's great!" Yugi told him.
"Thank you so much, Yugi. I really couldn't have done it without you setting me straight," Duke told him.
"Duke, you invented a great game."
"But you made me see it was missing something. That a game is not just about mastering the rules, but about getting to know your opponent," Duke said. I nodded.
"Right, it's not all about rules and how to win. It's about having fun and meeting and making new friends," I said to him. You never know when you might meet a great friend and I was lucky to meet four great friends when I went to Duelist Kingdom.