Our Past Part Two

~Sera~
Yami and I made our way into the museum where we looked around. We looked at all the items I discovered.
"You really found all of these?" Yami asked impressed. I blushed a little and nodded. "Amazing," I heard him say.
"I was wondering when you would show up, girlfriend," I heard a girl say. I turned and saw a girl with blond hair and green eyes. I grinned.
"Kendra!" I hugged her. She laughed hugging me back.
"I take it I was missed," she told me. We pulled a part.
"More than you know, girl," I told her. Yami walked up. "Oh, um, this is my boyfriend Yugi," I told her. I looked at Yami. "Yugi, this is my friend from Egypt Kendra Anders," I told him. They shook hands. Kendra looked at me.
"You sure know how to pick 'em," she said bluntly making me blush. I playfully slapped her shoulder.
"Still boy crazy as ever," I mumbled. She smirked.
"Well, hurry and set me up with a cute guy and we can double date," she winked. I rolled my eyes, but I was smiling anyway.
"I know a few, but I don't think you can handle them," I told her.
"Honey, I can handle anything you throw at me. If I can handle learning Duel Monsters then I can handle your crazy boys," she said. I sighed.
"I warned you. You can meet my friends soon. Yugi and I have to go though, I wanted to show him everything we found," I told her. She nodded.
"Alright, have fun, you two. See you around," she left then. I smiled, it was good seeing her again. Yami and I looked around a little more. Yami seemed nervous though.
"Are you sure you want to go through with this?" I asked wanting to make sure. He nodded.
"I have to, Sera, it's my destiny," he said to me. We then made it to the door that lead to the basement. It was roped off, I looked at Yami and led him over. He stopped by the door.
"Yami, are you okay?" I asked him.
"I sense something in here," he told me.
"In the basement? This can't be the exhibit, can it?" I asked. He didn't answer, but walked down the stairs and I followed.
"Something down there is calling out to me, Sera. I feel that the answers I seek are near," he told me. I had to admit, I was feeling the same thing. We made it to the bottom of the steps. We looked up at a wall that held a familiar stone tablet. I remember this, I held my friend Ishizu dig this up. It held the origins of Duel Monsters. At the top were they Egyptian God cards and further down in the middle were three figures that looked like Seto, Yami, and me. The Blue Eyes White Dragon, Dark Magician, and Rainbow Dragon were there above them. "It's some kind of ancient Egyptian stone...and those carvings look like Duel Monster cards. That person looks just like me...and look around his neck!" Yami pointed. I nodded.
"Yes, the Millennium Puzzle," I confirmed.
"That's right," he turned to me. "That appears to be me playing an ancient form of Duel Monsters," he looked back at the tablet. "This is exactly the kind of clue I've been searching for, but I wish I were able to decipher its meaning. Who am I dueling in the carving? What was this aged old game all about? Was it even a game? Just when I think I've found one answer, a thousand new questions arise. It also looks like you are on here as well, Sera," he told me. I nodded. I looked at him, he almost looked saddened. I grabbed his hand and rubbed it with my thumb.
"My Pharaoh and Queen, I've been expecting you," I heard a familiar voice say. I turned and gasped before I grinned.
"Ishizu! What are you doing here?" I asked hugging her. She hugged me back as she chuckled.
"I'm here to fulfill your destinies, my Queen," she told me pulling back.
"Our destinies?" Yami asked making me freeze.
"Oops," I mumbled. Ishizu raised an eyebrow at me.
"You haven't told him yet, my Queen?" She asked me. Always with the formalities! She's been calling me this since she learned about my past life! I shook my head.
"There hasn't been a right time to even tell him. A lot of things have been happening, my friend," I told her.
"Tell me what?" Yami asked. I sighed.
"Yami...I know more than you thought. I've wanted to tell you, but with everything that's been going on, there hasn't been a right time. In Egypt, I studied all of its history, mainly your's and mine. Ishizu's Millennium Necklace allows her to see five thousand years into the past, into a time where evil threatened to destroy our entire world," I told him. He was shocked, but he understood why I wasn't able to tell him yet.
"However, there was a king and a queen with magic powerful enough to stop this evil threat," Ishizu added.
"And who was this king?" Yami asked. He looked at me and I sighed a little.
"It's you. The Pharaoh who helped save the world was you, Yami," I told him.
"Yes, and now it's time for you and Sera to save mankind once again," Ishizu added. I looked at her shocked.
"Again?!" I asked.
"To rescue mankind? From what? How do you know the world is in danger of being destroyed again?" Yami asked.
"My Millennium Necklace also shows me visions of the future. Oh my Pharaoh and Queen, the events of the past will occur once again and that same evil will return to threaten us," Ishizu told us.
"How will we recognize this evil?" Yami asked.
"I know your memory has faded, my Pharaoh and you see many answers, I also know a Duel Monsters tournament is beginning. If you win it you will find your answers," she told us. She starts to walk away. "When you both return home, you'll find invitations waiting for you. Farewell, King Yami and Queen Sera," Ishizu left the room. I looked at Yami who was looking at the tablet again. I stopped myself from grabbing his hand.
"Yami, are you okay?" I asked.
"Yes, but I still have so many questions...wait, my opponent looks like Kaiba!" He pointed out. I nodded at him sadly.
"Yes, it turns out that five thousand years ago, you fought our ancestor. I'm just struggling to understand whether this same evil is my brother or not...I just pray it's not," I rubbed my arm.
"I guess we'll find out in the tournament," he told me. He looked at me and frowned. He grabbed my hand. "How long have you known?" He asked me.
"Over a year, I have been trying to find the time to tell you since we were on that island. I just kept getting interrupted," I told him. He pulled me to him. "You're not mad?" I asked.
"Of course not. You have tried to tell me, you said so yourself," he said to me. I nodded. I smiled a little and pulled away.
"I...I can show a little of our past if you want," I told him. He smiled a little and nodded. I grabbed his hand and focused on my Crystal.
~Yami~
Sera closed her eyes and concentrated on using her Crystal. I was about to find out about our past, even just a little would be nice. I was in a palace dressed as the Pharaoh. I was talking with some of the guards when I heard footsteps. I turned and saw the most beautiful woman standing there. It was Sera, but her skin was darker. She looks so beautiful. I walked over with a smile.
"Good morning, my Queen. How are you both?" I asked her placing a hand on her slightly round stomach. Seraphina smiled at me.
"We are doing just fine, my Pharaoh. But I think our little one is excited to see you," she told me. I chuckled before I kissed her forehead then her stomach. I then hold her in my arms looking lovingly at her.
"I love you, Seraphina," I told her. She smiled more.
"Just as I love you," she replied. We then shared a loving kiss. I opened my eyes. We were really married and were expecting. Sera smiled at me.
"The day you left the hospital, I had another dream like this...do you want to see or was that enough?" She asked. I smiled at her.
"Show me one more," I answered. She nodded and concentrated again. I watched as the healer handed Seraphina the infant.
"A healthy baby girl," the healer smiled. Seraphina was crying happy tears and we looked at our daughter. She looked exactly like her mother, but with my hair and eye colors. She was beautiful. I kissed my Queen's head.
"She's beautiful, Seraphina," I told her feeling a tear come to my eye.
"She is...our Atera. Do you want to hold your daughter, my love?" Seraphina asked me. I nodded and she handed me Atera. I smiled at my daughter and kissed her head. The mix of our names and the mix of us. I've never been happier in my life to have my wife and my daughter in my arms. I looked at Sera who had tears prick her eyes. I pulled her to me.
"She really was beautiful," I told her. She nodded.
"I wish I could have her in my arms now," she chuckled. I smiled knowing how she felt. We pulled back and I wiped her happy yet sad tears away. "We should probably go get those invites. Meet up later?" She asked me. I nodded and we left.
~Sera~
I made it home after Yami dropped me off. I went to my room and saw my invitation.
Sera Kaiba,
You have been selected to take part in the new tournament formerly known as Battle City tournament. Be at the Town Square at nine PM to away further instruction.
The invitation wasn't signed, odd. I placed the invitation in my purse before I left the mansion. I left for Town Square where I saw Yami waiting for me. I smiled at him which he smiled back. I looked around at all the people.
"Ishizu said the tournament would be announced tonight. She was right," I confirmed.
"I don't know if everything she said is true, but I do know this, I must enter and win this tournament in order to fulfill my destiny," Yami told me. I weaved our fingers together.
"Just as long as you promise to be careful. I know there's bound to be danger ahead," I said. He nodded.
"Yes, whoever is after our Millennium Items is still out there," Yami took out his deck. "But you must trust me, Sera. This deck has never let me down before, as long as Yugi and I stay connected, I'm confident that we can win this tournament, unlock the memories of my past and realize our destiny," he said to me. I smiled a little and saw Yugi appear beside Yami with a nod while smiling. Yami smiled at me. "And as long as your by my side, I can do anything," he kissed my hand. I smiled more with a small blush. I put a hand on his deck.
"You'll always have me with you, you can count on it," I told him. All of a sudden I heard a laugh. I turned and looked around. It sound so familiar.
"Did you hear it too?" Yami asked me. I nodded at him.
"Yeah, it's weird...I'm sure I know that laugh, but I don't know where..." I trailed off. Yami looked as if he was about to say something until...
"Yugi! Sera!" We heard. We turned and saw our friend Mai heading over.
"It's Mai Valentine," Yami stated. I smiled.
"I was hoping we'd get to see that girl," I said. She walked up to us.
"I know you guys missed me," she smiled at us.
"It's such a shame we don't hand around more often, Mai," I told her. She smirked.
"Yes, it is, isn't it?" She asked wrapping and arm around my neck. "You look pretty snazzy, Sera. Is this a date?" Mai winked. I blushed as Yami blushed a little.
"Y-yeah, we just went on a date," I mumbled. Mai smiled.
"Good, you two look cute together," she told me as she let me go. I grabbed Yami's hand again.
"I assume you've come here for the tournament?" Yami asked her.
"But of course! I presume you both got an invitation also?" She asked us.
"Yes, we did, but they didn't say who they were from. Do you know who's hosting this tournament?" Yami asked her.
"I have no idea, it's a mystery. Nobody seems to know, everyone I spoke to go anonymous, but there is a buzz going around that it's someone with a tone of cash and an obnoxious attitude. I'd guess Kaiba," she told us. Yami and I shared a look thinking the same thing. If the same past events were happening again...Yami and I would have to face Seto in the tournament. "Anyway, nobody knows for sure who it is that's throwing this thing" Mai continued.
"I suppose we'll find out soon," Yami said.
"It's pretty safe to say it's not Pegasus again," Mai told us.
"Thank god for that," I shivered remembering when we at Duelist Kingdom. Yami wrapped an arm around my shoulder to comfort me.
"Speaking of Pegasus, this is beginning to look like Duelist Kingdom all over again," Mai said. I nodded.
"I know what you mean. There are a lot of familiar faces in the crowd. Most of them whom I'm not too happy to see," I said. I looked around and groaned. "Speaking of which, there's Weevil Underwood and Rex Raptor," I pointed out.
"And over there is Espa Roba, they say he uses psychic powers to duel," Mai informed.
"And Mako's here too," I said as I saw Mako eating fish.
"If what Mai said earlier is correct, then this tournament is going to have one new recruit," Yami pointed out. I looked up and sighed.
"And there he is now," I told them. Everyone looked up and saw Seto on the big screen.
"Kaiba," Yami agreed.
"Greetings Duelists, welcome to the town of Domino, but more importantly, welcome to my tournament," Seto told everyone.
"I don't know which is bigger, his ego or the melon on the big screen," Mai said to me. I giggled.
"Most likely both," I told her.
"Let's hear what Kaiba has to say," Yami told us.
"I see you've all received your invite to Kaiba Corps very exclusive Duel Monsters tournament and you had enough brains to show up here tonight. Since you're all elite Duelists, I've added special rules to my tournament, just for experts. For example, you will duel using these new improved Duel Disks," Set told everyone. It's then the camera showed Seto's arm which was equipped with a silver and blue duel disk There were five slots for monsters cards, five slots for magic and strap cards, and a slot for the graveyard pile.
"Check that out!" I heard someone say.
"Man, that Kaiba Corps got the coolest products!" I heard another say. I smiled a little proudly making Yami chuckle a little at me.
"Another new rule I designed for the tournament, is that both players must ante up their rarest card, and the loser of the duel forfeits the card to the winner," Seto added. I gasped.
"There's no way I can lose Rainbow Dragon!" I said horrified.
"Forfeit my Dark Magician?!" Yami said in the same tone.
"That means that even a single loss could ruin my deck," Mai stated.
"My competition will make Pegasus' Duelist Kingdom look like a joke," Seto said. The wind picks up making as all turn to see Kaiba choppers and Seto stood leaning out of one. "Don't forget to register and pick up your Duel Disk, because exactly one week from today, my Battle City tournament begins!" Seto announced.
"You're on, Kaiba!" Yami called out. I nodded. Seto and the choppers then left. Now everyone was excited.
"Well, that was interesting," Mai said. I didn't listen to what they were saying...Rainbow Dragon. I can't lose her! She's helped me with so much and she's helped Yami. Why would Seto come up with this rule? I...I just can't lose Rainbow Dragon.
"Sera?" I heard. I looked up a little and saw Yami with a worried face. Mai was on my other side with the same look.
"Are you okay, hun? You completely spaced out," Mai told me. I sighed.
"Y-yeah, I'm fine. It's just been a long day. I should probably go home," I smiled a little. Yami rubbed the knuckles of my hand with his thumb.
"I'll walk you home," he told me. I spent the time just looking down. I can't help but think of what would happen if I lost Rainbow Dragon...it would feel like I was losing one of my best friends. The whole time, I didn't know Yami was watching me with worried. "Sera, are you sure you're alright? You haven't said anything the whole way back," he said to me.
"I just keep thinking about all the happened today....If what Ishizu said is true, then I'm going to need every strong card I have in my deck to help you against the threat, but I can't do that if I lose my special card," I told him.
"Rainbow Dragon?" He asked me. I nodded.
"Yeah. I mean, I love all of my cards, but Rainbow Dragon...she's the best card I have. She has always helped me out of tight jams, and she's helped you too! I...I just can't bear the thought of losing her," I told him. Yami wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him.
"You won't lose her, Sera. You're a great duelist, I know that no matter what comes your way, you always defeat it. Just like you've been there for me, I'll be there for you just as the others will. You're not going to lose Rainbow Dragon," he kissed my head. I smiled a little.
"You really think so?" I asked him.
"I know so. As long as you believe in yourself and the heart of the cards, you will win any battle," he told me. I smiled at him.
"Thanks, Yami. I'm happy to know you have confidence in me," I said to him. He returned my smile.
"I always have and always will, Sera. I have confidence and faith in you," he told me. I blushed a little, but kept my smile. We soon made it to my place. "Nice house," Yami commented a little wide eyed. I giggled a little.
"It's okay. So, I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked. He nodded wrapping his arms around my waist as mine went to his neck. We then kissed. We pulled back and he kissed my forehead.
"I'll see you soon...my Queen," he smirked. I giggled and kissed his cheek.
"As will I, my Pharaoh," I winked making us both chuckle. We kissed one last time for I went inside. I went to my room where I saw Mokuba on the bed with a smirk. I narrowed my eyes. "What do you know?" I asked.
"You and Yugi are together!" He pointed at me. I groaned.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah, just don't tell Seto. If he finds out...I don't want to know what will happen," I told him. Mokuba nodded understanding why. He hugged me.
"If it makes a difference, I'm glad you chose Yugi. He's nice," he said to me. I smiled and kissed my little brother's head.
"Yes, he is. Now, it's late, get to bed, mister," I told him. He groaned but left anyway. I got ready for bed and fell asleep quickly. I was walking outside in a garden wearing a white dress when I heard footsteps. I turned and saw my brother Seth. He didn't look happy.
"You are courting with the Pharaoh?!" He asked me. I frowned.
"Yes, I am. Why does it both you so much?" I asked him.
"He is our cousin, Seraphina. It is just wrong!" Seth told me. I crossed my arms.
"Last I checked there were many people who have married their cousins. Seth, I love the Pharaoh and he loves me. Can you just accept that I am happy?" I asked him. He frowned more.
"No, if it were anyone but the Pharaoh then I would," he told me. Narrowing my eyes I avoided his gaze.
"You are my brother, Seth, but that does not mean you get to rule my life. If I wish to court the Pharaoh and he me, we will," I told him. I whistled and Lira appeared. "My friend...can we go flying? I need to clear my head," I told her.
"Yes, Seraphina. I sensed your distress. Should I hurt him?" Lira asked looking at Seth. I shook my head.
"No, I...I just need to go," I told her. She nodded and we took off. It was then I unleashed the tears. I woke up with a start. Seth never approved of Seraphina and the Pharaoh. That means he definitely won't approve of me and Yami. Why does this all have to be so complicated?