Yugi vs Bakura

~Sera~
Everyone except for the ninth duelist had gathered in the main hall where Seto had put on a buffet for everyone. I just stayed with Yami who held my hand as Mai walked up.
"I'll have to admit, the blimp is a nice touch and Kaiba's spared no expense, but I'm ready to stop schmoozing and start dueling," Mai said.
"Well, I wish you the best of luck in the finals, Mai," Yami told her. I smiled.
"Yeah, good luck, Mai," I agreed.
"Who needs luck?" She asked before walking away. I chuckled before I saw Odion-I mean, Marik, leaning against the wall. He noticed me looking at him and sent me a look making me shiver a little and look away. Yami noticed this before letting my hand go to wrap an arm around my shoulder. He looked at me with concern.
"Are you alright, Sera?" He asked me. I smiled at him.
"Yeah, I'm okay, Yami. I'm just glad we made it here together," I told him. He smiled a little obviously knowing I'm not really okay. He kissed my forehead.
"Hi, Sera," I heard. I looked over and saw Namu.
"Um, hi," I said.
"This is all pretty intense, isn't it? All of us just waiting around," he said. I looked at Odion who was looking between me and Yami; reminding me of the threat. I looked back at Namu.
"Yeah, I guess it is, Namu," I said kinda forcing his name now. "I'm not in any rush though. I'm only itching to duel one person," I said. I saw something flash in Namu's eyes.
"Oh? Who would that be?" He asked me. I looked him dead in the eye.
"Marik. He has caused nothing but trouble and pain for my family and friends. It's about time someone gave him a taste of his own medicine," I said giving Namu a look. Yami gave my shoulder a gentle squeeze.
"Leave Marik to me, Sera. You were nearly killed once, I don't want to see you get hurt again," he told me. I smiled at him.
"Hey, remember, I'm a tough girl. I can handle it," I winked. He returned my smile before kissed my forehead again.
"Trust me, I know. You're the strongest girl I've ever met," he told me making me blush a little.
"Hey, what's the hold up? When are we going to find out who we're going to duel, Kaiba?" Joey asked impatiently. I looked over.
"Hm, you're in quite a rush to lose, Wheeler," Seto said. He spoke into his collar radio. "Let's begin this now," he said.
"Sorry, Mr. Kaiba, but only eight finalist are present. Shall I bring up the ninth one?" I heard a man say in his comm.
"Yes, now," Seto said. He then snapped his fingers. "Let's go." The lights went out and a spotlight appeared as a high tech bingo machine, designed to look like a Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, rose from the dais at the end of the room where Roland stood.
"Finalists and guests, may I have your attention please? The first two duelists for round one will be chosen by lottery," Roland announced.
"What's the jackpot?" Mai asked sarcastically making me chuckle which made Yami smile at me.
"TO guarantee fairness, each pair of opponents will be selected at random. You've all been assigned a number between one through nine, the selector will now choose the first two numbers. The second pair of numbers will not be drawn until the winner has been declared in the first duel. Thus you will not know your opponents identity until just before you duel," Roland said.
"I'm fighting the urge to yell 'bingo'," Tristen said.
"Go ahead, I'll laugh," Duke told him. Kendra and I giggled at the two. Duke smiled at Kendra before kissing her hand making her blush. Did I miss something?!
"All nine calls are at equal size and weight, the selector produces results that are one hundred percent random. Does everyone remember his or her number?" Roland asked. I knew Seto's was one, I'm two, Joey was three, Yami is four, Mai is five, Namu is six, Bakura is seven, Odion was number eight, and number nine was the mystery person. I wish I knew who though. "We shall now begin selecting the first two duelists for the finals round one. I'll engage the machine. Random select!" The sphere began spinning around then.
"Now I'm tempted to yell 'bingo'," I whispered to Yami who quietly chuckled.
"Remember, your number is chosen, you'll be participating in the first duel of the Battle City Finals," Roland reminded. He grabbed one of the balls that came out. "Number seven, Bakura," he read. We all looked at Bakura who looked shock.
"Me? I duel first?" He asked.
"You sure you're alright, man?" Tristen asked. Bakura let out a nervous laugh.
"Yeah, Bakura, you should be in bed resting. "You just got out of the hospital remember?" Tea asked.
"You shouldn't be walking let alone dueling," Tristen said. I shared a look with Joey who knew what I was thinking, something is going on.
"Oh don't worry, I'm fine, being the first duelist chosen just took me by surprise," Bakura said.
"Standby, while we choose the next duelist. Please note, the selection process is final. When the second duelist is chosen, both participants must proceed directly to the arena," Roland said. He soon picked up another ball. "Bakura's opponent in the first duel is duelist number four, Yugi Moto. The first duel of the Battle City Finals will begin immediate in the Stratos Dueling arena," Roland said.
"I guess I'm battling Yugi. This should be fun," Bakura said. I knew something was off and I looked at Yami.
"Yami, be careful, I'm getting a bad feeling about this," I told him.
"Are you sure?" He asked me. I nodded.
"My gut feeling hasn't failed me yet, it won't start now. Just promise me you'll be careful, love," I told him. He smiled at me.
"I promise," he told me before kissing my hand as reassurance.
"This duel will be played in accordance to Battle City rules and regulations. The loser will relinquish his rarest care to the winner as well as be expelled from the finals. The winner advances to round two," Roland said. Yami sensed my worry and kissed me before walking away with Roland and Bakura. I held my Crystal. Seraphina, please help Yami win this.
"Hey, Ser...I've been meaning to ask..." I heard Joey say. I looked at him and he put me in a head lock.
"JOEY!" I gasped.
"What the hell is going on with you and Yugi?" He asked me.
"Yeah, Sera. What was the sweet kiss we just saw?" Mai teased me. I blushed and pulled myself out of Joey's grip.
"Do that again, Wheeler and you'll be singing with the angels!" I threatened straightening myself up.
"Come on, Ser. Are you two dating?" Joey asked me. I pouted.
"Maybe we are, maybe we're not. Let's go watch the duel so I can get you mean people off this subject, jerks," I told them before making my way to the elevator. My friends followed laughing followed by a glaring Seto, and a grinning Mokuba and Namu. Seto came up to me about to say something. "Not a word," I said glaring murderously. He placed his hands up in surrender before heading back. We all reached the arena which was outside. Yami and Bakura were on their platforms.
"Whoa, dueling up here's insane!" Joey said a little scared.
"It's amazing," Serenity said.
"I know right. I think my brother has actually outdone himself," I agreed. Serenity nodded
"Does he do this often?" Serenity asked me. I shook my head.
"Nope...this is the first. Now if only I could find him a girlfriend," I joked. We both giggled.
~Joey~
I love watching Sera and Serenity get along. They have been like sisters since Sera came with me to the hospital for the first time. I then looked at Sera and Kaiba.
"Hey, Ser. I just noticed how you and Kaiba look alike now," I told her. She raised an eyebrow.
"You just noticed? He and I are twins, Joey," she told me. I chuckled and shook my head.
"No, I meant the clothing. Black turtle necks, black bottoms, white coat..." I hinted. Her eyes widened and she looked at her brother.
"Hey, white, black, and grey are my colors. Get your own," she joked.
"Hn," was his only reply. I noticed Sera frown which made me and Serenity frown too. Kaiba just walked off with Mokuba who gave her an apologetic look. She's trying to joke with her brother and he just shrugs it off! I come around Serenity and grabbed Sera's hand. I then gently pull her over until she's between me and Serenity. She gives me a grateful small smile which I return. We then looked to our friend Yugi. I still keep asking myself, are they in a relationship? But they only seem close when Yugi seems...different. Not when he's the innocent looking guy. Odd...
~Sera~
"Oh look, here comes the master of ceremonies now," Mai said. I looked over at Seto and Mokuba then.
"Alright, I'll make this speech quick so that we can begin this duel. Kaiba Craft Three is cruising at an altitude of four thousand feet. The strong winds and cold air will test your strength and stamina. If you can't take it, you don't belong here," Seto said.
"Yeah, I dig this little twist!" Tristen said with excitement.
"I have to admit, Kaiba does know how to throw a tournament," Duke said making Kendra nod in agreement.
"Are you prepare to lose it all?" Bakura asked. I knew it, that's not the real Bakura! I knew Yami saw it too.
"I won't lose. Before we begin this duel, why don't you tell me who you really are and stop this charade," Yami said. Bakura only chuckled. "Alright, have it your way then, but I think I know who you are," he added. I then saw the Millennium Ring appear. "It is you! The Spirit of the Millennium Ring," Yami confirmed. 'Looks like you were right, Sera,' Yami thought to me.
'You can still win this. You did it before and you can do it again, my pharaoh,' I thought to him. Yami nodded at me.
"Hey, look at Bakura," Tea said.
"Oh man, he's wearing that Millennium Ring again," Joey said.
"That can't be! I got rid of it at Duelist Kingdom! I tossed that thing into the deepest part of the woods, miles away from where anyone could find it!" Tristen said confused. "I don't know how Bakura got it back, but I know it's not a good thing," he added.
"Tristen, like my Crystal and Yugi's Puzzle, it's magic. It must have gotten back to him somehow," I said.
"So why all the fuss? What's around Bakura's neck?" Namu asked. I glared knowing that he knew.
"Namu, it's kind of hard to explain, that's not really Bakura," Tea said.
"Ya lost me," Mai said.
"You see, Yugi, Sera, and Bakura both have these really old objects that have magic powers. Sera just has abilities because of her Crystal. Yugi's side is good, but Bakura's side is bad," Joey explained to her.
"Because of an evil spirit lives inside it," Tea finished.
"So you're telling me that there's an evil spirit up there dueling Yugi? That's hard to believe," Namu said. Liar!
"Yeah, I didn't believe it at first either," Tea said.
"I just hope he doesn't drag Yug to the Shadow Realm again. That's not a place you wanna be," Joey said.
"He won't, Joey. Yugi and the spirit will win this duel," I said with confidence.
"Well then, now that the introductions are over and done with, why don't we begin this duel?" Evil Bakura asked.
"First, tell me why you've entered the Battle City Finals and what it is you hope to gain? Is it about the Millennium Items?" Yami asked.
"Perhaps, Yugi, perhaps there is something else that I'm planning to take away from you and Sera besides your Millennium Puzzle and Crystal," Evil Bakura said.
"What are you talking about?" Yami asked.
"You ask a lot of questions, don't you? There is so much about this tournament that you are unaware of. So many secrets being kept from you. For instance, how do you know that I'm working along? And are you sure of the people that you believe to be your friend isn't really your greatest enemy, and that another one of your friends knows this and is deliberately keeping it from you?" Evil Bakura asked. I knew he was talking about me and Marik, but how does he know that I know Marik? Unless...of course! He's working with Marik! Now this situation just became more dangerous.
"I don't believe you. Lies are a part of your game, but they won't help you win this duel," Yami said making me feel more guilt. If only he knew....I saw Evil Bakura glance at Namu making my suspicions correct. They were working together.
"And now, the first duel of the Battle City Finals will begin! It's time to duel!" Roland said activating the holographic imagers and life point counter.
(Bakura-4000, Yugi-4000)
"Finish this evil spirit, Yug!" Tristen called out.
"Come on, Yugi! We're with you!" Tea shouted.
"Just know, whatever it is you desire, you will fail," Yami stated looking at Evil Bakura.
"Not quite. It is you that shall lose, everything you have! Yugi, I can assure you that the first duel of the finals will also be your last. I shall begin with this," Evil Bakura summoned his Portrait's Secret (1200 ATK) in attack mode.
"I don't get it, that monsters no challenge at all," Mai said.
"Dismantle that possessed picture frame!" Joey called out.
"Is that all you've got? Then I'll summon Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts (1500 ATK)!" Yami's monster then attacked Bakura's monster.
(Bakura-3700, Yugi-4000)
"Now I'll place one card face down. Why don't you try again?" Yami asked.
'Yami, don't get too cocky,' I thought to him. He just sent me a small smirk. Evil Bakura then summoned his next monster, the Gross Ghost of Fled Dreams (1300 ATK) in attack mode.
"Attack my monster if you dare," Evil Bakura said.
"Your ghost is no match for my Gazelle and with no trap or magic cards you can't stop my attack," Yami said.
'You guys need to be careful! You and I all know that he just wants you to attack him,' I thought to Yami and Yugi.
'We know, Sera. We just need to take him out before he can implement his strategy,' Yugi replied. Yami then summoned Gamma the Magnet Warrior (1500 ATK) in attack mode. He used this monster to destroy the ghost leaving him wide open for Gazelle who Yami uses to take Bakura's life points.
(Bakura-2000, Yugi-4000)
"Come on, crush this guy, Yugi!" Duke yelled out.
"You can do it!" Kendra called after.
"He's not even fighting back!" Tristen exclaimed.
"Yugi's wiped out half of his life points and the duel's just started," Tea stated.
"Alright, Yugi, perhaps I've made things too easy for you. Not anymore," Evil Bakura said.
"That's what you think. Let's see what you've got," Yami said. I sighed.
'Being cocky again,' I told him.
'Not my fault he's making this easy,' Yami told me. I mentally rolled my eyes.
'Do the words 'trap' or 'lure' mean anything to you?' I asked.
'I'll win this, Sera. Don't worry, okay?' Yami said. Doesn't he know that when a guy tells their girlfriend not to worry they only worry more?
"As you wish. I summon the Headless Knight (1450 ATK) in attack mode," Evil Bakura said as some purple mist appeared. I don't like that purple mist.
"I don't see your monster," Yami said.
"Perhaps that's because he's a spirit, hiding in the shadows until the time is right," Evil Bakura said as his monster appeared.
"This spirit may be stronger than your last two monsters, but it's still weaker than mine," Yami stated.
"Then why don't you attack it?" Evil Bakura challenged. Yami does attack then.
(Bakura-450, Yugi-4000)
"Something strange is going off in this duel," Tea said.
"Yeah, this seems too easy," Joey agreed.
"Or Yugi's facing the world's worst duelist," Tristen suggested.
"Well, either way, Yugi's going to win this thing in his next turn," Mai said.
"Time to make your final move," Yami said. Evil Bakura laughs and I see the Millennium Ring glowing.
"It's time. You've done exactly what I've wanted you to do. Now your destruction begins. It's over," Evil Bakura said.
"Over? Yeah, for him! Yugi's got this duel set up like a clown on a dart board," Joey said.
"It's a bluff, it has to be. He's got monster left and he's down to less than 500 life points," Mai said.
"I wouldn't be so sure of that," I said to them keeping my eyes on the duel. The others looked at me.
"What do you mean, Sera?" Kendra asked me.
"I mean, this whole duel so far has been nothing but a set up. Bakura has been making this way to see so that Yugi does attack. He's acting like a snake, waiting patiently in the dark for the right moment to strike his prey," I stated.
"I hate to say it, but it makes sense," Joey told me. They all looked back at the duel.
"I had a card in my hand with dark powers beyond your wildest imagination, but first, before I could play this all powerful card, I needed a bit of assistance. Thanks for helping me destroy you. Three of my monsters needed to be destroyed before I could bring forth my dark destructor. You made that possible. Now I summon the beast that'll cause your demise. Dark Necrofear (2200 ATK). You have no idea what you're about to experience," Evil Bakura said as a pink light flew around be materializing.
"I knew you were planning something," Yami stated.
"It doesn't matter. You still feel into my trap and now you're about the pay the ultimate price. This is it, you're finished, Yugi," Evil Bakura said.
"What is it? That monsters creeping me out," Tristen said. I nodded agreeing with him.
"Me as well, Tristen and if he's willing to lose all those life points to bring it out...it must be very powerful," I mused.
"Dark Necrofear is one of the strongest cards in my deck. You'll never stop it," Evil Bakura said. Yami will if he summons Slifer the Sky Dragon. "Stare into the face of defeat. You see, not only is my monster strong, possessing more attack points than either of your monsters, but it possess a dark magic hidden within, waiting to activate and destroy you."
"Your monster may be powerful, but it's not unbeatable!" Yami said with confidence. He places two cards face down then.
"I'm not ready to attack yet, so I'll end my turn. Make your move," Evil Bakura said.
"When I'm ready! You were foolish enough not to attack me when you had the chance! Now you shall pay for it as I draw this! I sacrifice Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts in order to summon my Dark Magician Girl (2000 ATK)!" Yami said. I smiled as she was played and I saw Yami send me a smile knowing it was my favorite card next to Rainbow Dragon.
"Fool, I'm afraid your magical fairy is too weak to destroy my monster," Evil Bakura said.
"That's true, but apparently you've forgotten about my face down card. It looks like you're the fool. Behold my Magic Formula card," Yami said.
"No!"
"Yes, Magic Formula raises Dark Magician Girl's attack power by 500 points! Making her more powerful than your Necrofear," Yami stated.
"Yeah, atta boy! Put that creep six feet under!" Joey cheered. Yami then ordered Dark Magician Girl to attack and destroy Dark Necrofear.
(Bakura-150, Yugi-4000)
Evil Bakura doesn't even look fazed by it!
"Thanks. Once again you've done exactly what I've wanted, Yugi. Don't you realize that I've manipulated every move you've made so far? Including destroyed Dark Necrofear, so that I can play this," Evil Bakura said placing a card in the field change slot.
"What's going on?" Yami asked.
"What as the entire playing field is engulfed in a shroud of dark magic, known as Dark Sanctuary," Evil Bakura said. The field changed to orange and black showing some kind of castle behind Bakura. There were also mouths and eyes everywhere which freaked me out. Joey held me and Serenity close as if to protect us and keep us calm.
"It's the evil eyes," Joey said.
"I don't like this," Serenity said.
"You and me both," I agreed.
"Look around you, there's no escaping the magic of Dark Sanctuary. Well done, everything had to go just right for this to work and you've played your part perfectly," Evil Bakura said.
"Now what?" Yami asked.
"Just wait," Evil Bakura replied. "You've no idea what you've helped me to unleash, prepare to experience an evil like you've never seen before!"