The Mysterious Duelist

~Sera~
About a week has passed since Yami dueled Duke. We're actually good friends with Duke now and as an apology, Duke took my request to teach me how to play his game. I actually had a lot of fun with it. I then showed it to Mokuba and Seto. Seto found it interesting while Mokuba had me teach him about Dungeon Dice as well as Duel Monsters. This morning I got up and got ready for school. Seto told me last night he had to work today so he wouldn't be in. The only reply he got from me was 'you're lucky you're a genius otherwise I would drag your ass to school'. He knew I meant it and was relieved by it as well. I prefer to go to school and be a kid as long as possible. I made it down stairs and saw my brothers having breakfast. Seto was drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. Seto handed me my mug of coffee and I kissed his cheek. I sat next to Mokuba and kissed his head. I ate my breakfast, drank my coffee, and grabbed my school bag after getting my shoes on. Mokuba followed.
"Ready for school, Mokie?" I asked him. He nodded at me and we took off. I dropped him off at his school and walked to mine. Once there I saw two of my best friends, Joey and Tristen. It's weird though, Tea and Yugi weren't here. Joey saw me and smiled.
"Hey, there's my sister from another mister," he said. I smiled at him then looked around.
"Hey, where's Tea and Yugi?" I asked.
"We don't know," Joey answered.
"Yeah, it's not like them to be late," Tristen said. I nodded and I felt something from my Crystal.
"I'm getting a very bad feeling, guys," I said. I started biting my thumb nail as we waited for Tea and Yugi. I told the boys I would go and see if Tea and Yugi were one their way and then took off. After a little bit, I found Tea, but no Yugi. "Tea, are you okay? Where's Yugi?" I asked her worried. She was panting.
"Some fortune teller talked to Yugi then took his Puzzle!" She told me. She told me where Yugi ran off and I started running after leaving my bag with Tea. Tea then left to go tell Tristen and Joey. God, Yugi, please be all right. I soon made it to an alley were there were a bunch of arrows pointing in the direction, but I had to be sure. I looked at my Crystal.
"Please, help me find Yugi and Yami," I pleaded. My light blue Crystal started glowing the same light blue and I felt it tug me in the direction. I smiled a little. "Thank you, Seraphina," I said looking at the sky. I let the necklace lead me to Yugi and Yami. As I was running, the Crystal sent a tingly feeling to me. That means there must be a Millennium Item nearby, one that isn't Yugi's. It couldn't be Bakura, could it? I mean, Tristen threw the Millennium Ring into the forest according to what he told me! God, I have to hurry! I was now in front of a warehouse where the Crystal was pointing. "This must be it...but what is that dark feeling I'm getting?" I asked myself. It was so cold and kinda scary...and it felt familiar. I ran in that's when I saw it...Yugi was dueling a man in a black cloak. "Yugi!" I called. He turned and saw me.
"Sera? What are you doing here?" He asked.
"Tea told me!" I said. I then saw his Millennium Puzzle on the dueling platform. "And why is your Puzzle stuck to the side of the platform?" I asked.
"I have to win it back. I won't lose, Sera. I promise," Yugi told me. I nodded still worried. I looked at the Puzzle and connected to it.
'Are you okay, Yami?' I asked.
'Yes, I am alright, but I am worried about Yugi,' he told me.
"And once you lose, I'll go after the girl's Crystal next," the cloak man said.
"When I win, you won't be able to even touch her!" Yugi told him. I looked at Yugi.
"Yugi, I know you'll win. Remember, I'm with you!" I told him. He nodded.
(Stranger-2000, Yugi-2000)
"It's time to duel!" Yugi said. He drew his card. "I place the Celtic Guardian on the field in attack mode. I made my play now you make yours!" Yugi told him as his monster appeared.
"I place my monster in defense mode," the man said.
"What's the matter? Don't you have the courage to face me head on?" For once, Yugi almost sounded like Yami.
"I don't need to. You're the one who better go on the defensive if you hope to win back your Puzzle," the man told him. Yugi drew his card.
"Alright, then I attack with my Celtic Guardian!" Yugi said to him.
"Yugi, don't!" I shouted. It was too late.
"Heh, that's exactly what I wanted you to do, Yugi. Your attack is activated. The power of my Cyber Jar. This machine card destroys every monster on the field," the mysterious man said. Celtic Guardian was destroyed as well as Cyber Jar. "And he also requires us to draw five new cards. Let's see what you've got under your pathetic sleeve this time, little Yugi," the man said. It was time for a new strategy. I was growing worried, Yugi's never dueled without Yami before.
'Have faith in him, Sera. When he makes a promise, he keeps it,' Yami thought to me.
'I do, Yami. I truly do. I'm just really scared...the thought of losing you...you were one of my first friends coming home. I don't want to lose you,' I thought to him.
'You won't lose me, Sera. I swear it,' he told me.
"I'm placing my monster in defense mode!" Yugi said.
"And I'm placing mine in attack mode. Meet my Mechanical Chaser and Ground Attacker Bugroth!" The man summoned. What....these are all machine monsters...wait a minute. I looked at the man.
"Show yourself, Bandit Keith!" I shouted. Keith removed his hood...I was right! But why would Bandit Keith disguise himself and try to steal Yugi's Millennium Puzzle? The last time I saw him was when he and I battled in the Duelist Kingdom Tournament. He broke the rules, but I beat him. When I found out he was cheating Pegasus booted him from the island. We never saw him again.
"What happened to you?" Yugi asked.
"I'm not Bandit Keith. I only speak through him, seeing he's become my mind control slave," Keith told him.
"What do you mean? How can this be? Tell me!" Yugi demanded.
"After Bandit Keith was ejected by Pegasus from Duelist Kingdom, he fought for his life against the harsh ocean waters. My followers and I were on our way to retrieve some very special items when we fished him out of the sea. I'm always looking for new minds to control and Bandit Keith seemed like the perfect puppet to do my bidding. And as fate would have it, it led me right to you, the boy who possess the legendary Millennium Puzzle and the girl who possess the legendary Millennium Crystal. Is it all sinking in now, little Yugi and Sera? Now that I have found you after all these years and will stop at nothing until I take your Puzzle, the Crystal, and all of the ancient powers they possess within them my own," the possessed Keith told us. I saw his eyes change.
"Help...me..." I heard Keith say.
"Let the duel continue!" The one possessing him said. "My lackey Machine King in attack mode. My new monster gets an extra 100 attack points for every machine that's on the field. That's 300 more points. Machine King, attack with Death Punch!" Keith ordered. The Silver Fang appeared and was destroyed. "You may as well give up now!"
"It's not over yet! I play another card in defense mode!" Yugi played his card.
"Your defenses are useless against my mechanical army. Especially now that I'm adding this machine to my troop. Megasonic Eye and adds another 100 attack points to Machine King making it even more deadly. Machine King, attack now!" Keith ordered. Yugi's Giant Soldier of Stone was destroyed next.
"No! My Stone Soldier!" Yugi gasped.
"That's right, all your defenses are gone. Give up yet? You have no idea of the power you're up against, little Yugi," Keith said. I looked at Yugi. He has to win this, I know he can! "Come on, Yugi. Stop stalling unless you want to admit defeat."
"I'll never give up!" Yugi told him. I smiled at little. "I have too much at stake in this game, so take this! I play Curse of Dragon in attack mode and I play Gaia, the Fierce Knight! But that's not all, I can also use my Polymerization card to combine these two monsters in order to create Gaia, the Dragon Champion. This monster can take your machines apart! Dragon Champion, attack Mechanical Chaser with Double Dragon Lance!" Yugi ordered.
'For a second there I almost confused him with you!' I told Yami. He chuckled.
'I guess I've been a good influence on him then,' he thought back. It was then Mechanical Chaser was destroyed.
"With Mechanical Chaser gone, your Machine King loses 100 attack points and you lose 750 life points," Yugi told him.
(Keith-1250, Yugi-2000)
"Yes! Great job, Yugi!" I cheered.
"Very impressive, but what will you do when I put my weaker monsters in defense mode to protect them from your Dragon Champion's attacks, and then play Machine Conversion Factory, a magic card that adds 300 attack and defense points to all of my machine cards?" Keith played his card.
"Oh no! You've raised Machine King's power even more!" Yugi gasped.
"That's right, enough to overpower your Dragon Champion. Machine King, attack!" Keith ordered.
(Keith-1250, Yugi-1800)
"Your defensive is over, Yugi. Your Champion is destroyed. I've made Keith's machine monsters' attack strength overwhelming, so why don't you stop resisting and just hand over your items to me? It's the inevitable conclusion to our game anyway," Keith said to us.
'Overwhelming? Why isn't anything or anyone ever just whelmed?' I asked Yami trying to lighten the mode. He chuckled a little.
'Even in times like this you try to lighten the mood,' he thought back.
'Relieves the tension,' I said. I looked back at Yugi. 'Come on, Yugi, you can do this! I know you can!' I thought to him. Yugi sent me a small nod and drew a card.
"Your machines may be the most impressive I've seen, but they're still made out of metal, so I play Makiu!" Yugi played his card.
"You think a little mist will destroy my machines?" Keith asked.
"It won't destroy them, but it will cause them to rust and lower their points. And the mist turns them into giant lightning rods which makes them the perfect target for my Summoned Skull! Summoned Skull, use your Lightning Strike on Machine King now!" Yugi ordered. Machine King was destroyed! "Any more machines for the junk heap?" Yugi smiled.
"You little..."
(Keith-500, Yugi-1800)
"Go, Yugi! Great strategy, my friend!" I told. Yugi smiled at me before turning back to Keith.
"Now you're the one who's stalling. You gonna draw or what?" Yugi asked. Keith drew.
"I drew the Graceful Charity card. By placing this card on the field I'm able to draw three more cards from my deck and I'm confident they'll be the cards I need to end this duel once and for all," Keith said. He drew his cards. "You're finished, little Yugi. I draw the ultra-rare Zera Ritual card. It's used to summon one of the most powerful monsters in the game," Keith said.
"Whoa, I've never even heard of the Zera Ritual card before, but I've got a stinking suspicion I'm about to learn more about it than I really want to know," Yugi said.
"You and me both...the bad feeling just got a lot worse," I said to myself.
"How perceptive, for once I put Zera Ritual into play this duel is over," Keith told us.
"Maybe, but activating a ritual card take more than just talk. You also need to have the right monster card in your hand and what are the odds of that?" Yugi asked. Keith showed the card.
"And you jinxed it," I said.
"No way!" Yugi gasped.
'I smell a rat and I don't mean Keith's cologne,' I told Yami.
'You and I both, you don't think he's using Keith's trick do you?' Yami asked.
'It's a possibility,' I said.
"Maybe you finally understand the power your up against, Yugi. Now, Zera Ritual sacrifices my two remaining monsters in order to bring forth the greatest of my creatures. Behold the instrument of your destruction, one of the strongest beasts in Duel Monsters. Behold, Zera the Mant! Our battle ends here, so say goodbye to your Millennium Puzzle and Sera's Millennium Crystal! Zera, attack now!" Keith ordered. Zero then destroyed Summoned Skull!
"Zera obliterated my Summoned Skull! But I can't give up! You'll never get out Millennium Items!" Yugi said. Keith chuckled.
"You're finished, little Yugi! With Bandit Keith under my mind control, you'll never win this duel!" The possessor told us.
"Help! Help!" I heard Keith call to us. Keith is trying to fight his way into control.
(Keith-500, Yugi-1500)
Yami, if only you could help him! If only I could help him! I could just give him my Rainbow Dragon, he could use his Dark Magician and win this!
"Make your move, Yugi. It's all over anyway. You're just prolonging your defeat, it's quite pathetic actually! Stare at your deck all you want, there's not a card in there that can take out my all powerful Zera the Mant. This duel is over!" Keith told Yugi. I shook my head.
"It's not over yet! Yugi can still win this!" I said.
"Shut up, girl!" Keith growled. I then felt anger from the Millennium Puzzle. Yugi drew his card.
"I play my monster in defense mode! It's your move!" Yugi told him. I felt more of the dark presence from Bandit Keith. It's really familiar though. It's also familiar to the Crystal. I mean, Seraphina's powers lie within this Crystal, so why not her familiarity as well?
"First I play Seiyaryu in attack mode and for my next maneuver I place this card face down. And now, last, but not least, Stealth Defense! It forces the card you played in defense mode to attack mode," Keith said.
"My Koumori Dragon!" Yugi gasped.
"Is revealed and since it's now in attack mode I can destroy it! Zera the Mant, Jagged Claw attack!" Keith ordered. No, the Koumori Dragon is gone! "The end is near, little Yugi."
(Keith-500, Yugi-400)
"This duel's not over, whoever you are! I'll never give up! I'm placing a monster in defense mode!" Yugi played his card.
"Your feeble defenses bore me. Seiyaryu, attack with Razor Flare Blast!" Keith ordered. It was Yugi's Mystical Elf! "I also play two more cards on the field and switch Zera the Mant to defense mode. Confused? This move will be clear to you soon enough!" Keith told him. Yugi was becoming nervous, he needs his other friends here! It's always been all of us cheering him on, not just me. Guys, hurry! Yugi played his cards.
"I place this card face down then Dark Magician in defense mode. And finally I play Magical Hats to hide him! Now you'll have to find my Dark Magician in order to attack him!" Yugi said. Good, that's a good play.
"I should have seen that coming. Oh wait, I did! So I'll play Magic Jammer! Sorry, Yugi, but once I sacrifice a card from my hand, Magic Jammer allows me to disable your magic card. Say good bye to your Magical Hats and say hello to your Dark Magician!" Keith said. It was then the hats were gone.
"Oh no! My Dark Magicians exposed!" Yugi gasped.
"And now I'll play this. It's a magic card called Curse of Fiend, Yugi. It forces both of our monsters to switch from whatever mode they're in to the opposite. So there for, all monsters in attack mode go into defense mode and vice versa. Since I put Zera in defense mode before, it switches to attack mode now and so does your Dark Magician! Zera, attack now!" Keith ordered. I saw Yugi smirk.
"Nice try, but now I activate Mirror Force! It reflects Zera's attack right back at you!" Yugi said.
"Ha! I'll block your reflection with a little Solemn Judgment!" Keith played.
"No way! How can you block Yugi's Mirror Force reflection?!" I asked.
"Solemn Judgment's another one of my rare and powerful cards. I have to give up half of my life points to use it, but in exchange I'm allowed to remove that last card my opponent played, your Mirror Force is shattered!" Keith told Yugi. Dark Magician was destroyed.
(Keith-250, Yugi-100)
"It may have cost me 250 life points, but that's a small price to pay because now, little Yugi I'm one attack away from winning your Puzzle and the Crystal," Keith said. I looked at Yugi. Come on, Yugi, believe in your deck and you'll win. I saw a smirk.
"I'm placing a magic card face down and a monster in defense mode. Now, let's see what you've got," Yugi said.
"You'll regret those words, little Yugi. You may have gotten this far, but my patience is growing thin. It's time to put an end to this duel and claim the Millennium Puzzle and Crystal that are mine," Keith said.
"You'll never get our Millennium Items!" Yugi refused.
"Guess again. Tribute to the Doomed," Keith showed his card.
"Whoa! That's one of the rarest magic cards in the game!" I said shocked.
"Very perceptive, Sera. Tribute to the Doomed is one of my personal favorites. It allows me to annihilate any monster you have on the field," he told Yugi as he played his card and went to attack the card.
"Better think again!" Yugi said.
"It can't be!"
"It is! The Living Arrow which takes any attack aimed at me and fires it right back at you!" Yugi said. I grinned. Zera the Mant is destroyed!
"No! Zera!" Keith shouted. I then heard a groan from him.
"Where am I? And what on earth am I wearing?" Keith asked.
"It looks like your so called unbeatable Zera the Mant card is ancient history! Now it's time for me to win this duel once and for all and take back my Millennium Puzzle!" Yugi told him.
"Yugi Moto?! What are you doing here?! AH!" Keith screamed.
"Bandit Keith, you're back!" Yugi and I gasped.
"There's someone inside my head!" Keith shouted holding his head.
"Keith?" I asked.
"Go away!" Keith shouted.
"Bandit Keith! Who is it that's trying to control your mind?" I asked.
"No! Stop! Leave me alone!" He shouted. He was then back under the control of the other person. He jumped off the platform and ran for the puzzle. I went to stop him but was pushed out of the way hard.
"If I can't have this Puzzle, no one can!" The possessor shouted.
"NO!" I shouted.
"Keith, wait! Don't!" Yugi shouted. The Puzzle was shattered then.
"Yami! NO!" I screamed. Keith tried to fight for control again, but it failed.
"That's quite enough of that!" I heard a British voice say. Bakura swung down and knocked Keith down. I got up and ran over to the boys.
"Where'd you come from?" Yugi asked.
"Hi, guys, Tea told me what happened," Bakura told us. He then picked up a piece of the Puzzle. I then gathered some of the others. "Oh my, Keith certainly did a number on your Millennium Puzzle, didn't he? Well, better shattered than stolen I suppose," Bakura said.
"Yeah, I guess you're right. It took me forever to put it together the first time, but at least I have a chance to try. Who knows? Maybe since I've done it once already maybe this time will be easier," Yugi said. I nodded.
"I'll help you," I told him. He nodded at me.
"Yugi, you missed this one piece," Bakura handed the piece back.
"Oh, thanks, Bakura. That last thing I need is to lose a piece of the Millennium Puzzle," Yugi smiled.
"Yes, I know. You can't complete it without them all," Bakura said. He started climbing down the duel arena.
"Thanks again, you totally saved the day," I said to him.
"Sure," Bakura slipped and landed on his rear. I giggled a little.
"Oh my god. Are you okay, Bakura?" I asked. He got up.
"Yes, fine. I have to get back to school," Bakura said before leaving.
"I'll be right behind you, Bakura. As soon as I unhook my chain," Yugi said. I walked up with him.
"Here, I'll help you get it out," I told him.
"Thanks, Sera," Yugi said. I nodded and we started working on the hook. I heard Keith shout and turned. He was swinging a crowbar around.
"Keith, stop! No!" Yugi and I shouted. I went to stop him, but he hit my wrist with the crowbar making me back up as I cried out in pain.
"Sera!" Yugi shouted over to me.
"I think my wrist's broken," I grunted. Keith hit one of the machines making sparks fly out. There was then an explosion making me fly back a bit and I blacked out after I hit my head.
~Joey~
Tristen and I finally made it into the warehouse and found Yugi. Yugi was trying to fix his Puzzle and get it down while we tried to get him out. Yugi was knocked out from the smoke. Tristen and I then got the Puzzle down.
"Wait! Where's Sera?" I asked.
"She's over there!" Tristen pointed to an already unconscious Sera.
"Sera!" I shouted. I ran over and grabbed her. I saw her wrist, it was bruising very badly. I picked her up while Tristen carried Yugi and the Puzzle. As soon as we were out, I took out Sera's phone and called Kaiba.
"Sera, what is it?" Kaiba answered.
"This isn't Sera. It's Joey. Sera and Yugi were in an accident. Tristen, Tea, and I are taking them to the hospital. Meet us there!" I told before I hung up. We then ran them to the hospital. Yugi and Sera were taken to the emergency room and we waited in the hall after Tristen and I were patched up. Mokuba and Kaiba showed up then looking just as worried as I felt.
"Where is she?" Kaiba asked.
"Is she okay?" Mokuba asked next.
"We don't know. The doctor hasn't come out yet," Tristen told them. It wasn't long until the doctors came out. Sera had a fractured wrist and a small concussion. Yugi was fine too, just passed out from inhaling the smoke. The rest of us were about to go see Yugi while the Kaiba brothers went to see Sera.
"Wheeler, I'm only going to say this once...thanks for saving my sister," Kaiba told me. I smiled a little.
"Hey, she's like a sister to me too. I would do anything to make sure she stayed safe," I told him before I went to Yugi's room.
~Sera~
I didn't know how long I was out, but when I came to, I saw a hospital room. I looked to my right and saw Mokuba sleeping next to me. I looked to my left, Seto was sleeping, his head resting on his arm while his other hand gently held the hand of my casted left wrist. I smiled at little. I started running my fingers through Mokuba's long hair while my thumb rubbed Seto's hand. They both woke up.
"Sera!" They both gasped before hugging me.
"I'm right here, you two. I'm not going anywhere," I told them as I hugged back.
"You had us worried. We're just happy you're okay," Seto kissed my head. Mokuba's face was in my neck. I kissed Mokuba's head.
"Me too. You guys know I'm not that easy to get rid of," I said to them. They both smiled at me and just hugged me again. I'm glad I have brothers like them. Right now...I know Yugi and I haven't seen the last of the person that is after us.