Dungeon Dice Monsters Part Two

~Yami~
I looked at Sera, the girl I've come to deeply care about, be manhandled by Duke Devlin. I grabbed Duke's wrist and removed Sera's from his. I then gently pushed her behind me. Duke glared a little and went to his platform. I walked to mine with Sera. I looked at her wrist which looked like it was about to bruise.
"Are you okay?" I asked her worried. She nodded a little.
"I've had worse," she told me. I brought her wrist up and kissed it. She smiled with a blush.
"I'll save you and Joey from him," I told her. She nodded at me with her sweet smile still present.
"Good luck, Knight," she told me after she kissed my cheek. I then remembered when we were in the Duelist Kingdom, she said I was her knight. I'll live up to that and get her out of this deal. She made her way back to the others while I faced Duke.
"Remember our deal, Devlin. If I win this, you let Joey and Sera go. No more dog suit, no more demands, and no dating Sera," I told him.
"Agreed. Just don't forget the flip side to that coin. You lose this game and you promise to never play Duel Monsters ever again," he reminded. He snapped his fingers. "Now, let's get it on!" He told me. The platforms left and all there was, was the panel. "Looks a bit different than a dueling arena, huh? Well, get used to it. Dungeon Dice Monsters is a whole new game with a whole new set of rules, and to keep up you're gonna have to pay close attention," Duke chuckled.
"Don't you worry, I'm a quick study," I said.
"You better be, Yugi because I know this game inside and out and if you want to win you're gonna have to learn in as well. Now, let's get started," Duke told me. I looked at the panel. Looks pretty straight forward. Part of the panel opens up showing some kind of dice. "Lost already? Relax, I'll walk you through it. That's your dice pool. Select fifteen dice from it to use for the game. I'd give you some tips on which to pick, Yugi, but being the mast gamer that you are, I'm sure you'll figure it all out," Duke told me. I looked back at the dice. All these different colors and designs it's hard to know which ones to choose. "Hurry up now, I got mine already set," Duke said. I grabbed mine.
"I'm ready too," I held my dice up.
"Good, now here's how it works; these dice are kinda gonna be like your dueling deck and just like you shuffle your deck, we shuffle these like this," Duke placed his dice in some kind of hatch. I followed along. "See? Easy. The dice automater will randomize your fifteen dice in groups of three. Take a look," he told me. Three dice came out, two blue and one white. "You get three dice per round, you roll all three at the same time, and then you get to make your move depending on what you roll. I'll explain more about that a bit later. Now, take the three die out of the auto-hatch." I grabbed mine. "Okay, now how do you score? Well, in this game we have heart points. They're like life points only you only get three. That's it, and whoever loses all three of their hearts first is out. Game on," he said. His girls cheered for him. "Thanks girls, you're beautiful," he flirted.
'Yami...save me from this hell known as Duke Devlin,' Sera thought to me making me smirk.
"Man, what a bunch of suck ups," I heard Joey say.
"Quit yapping, you mutt," one of the girls said. They started attacking him until Sera walked over.
"If you don't stop harassing my friend, I'll have to make you," she glared coldly. Definitely her brother's sister. The girls back away from her and Joey. Sera helped Joey up. "I'll keep those pests off your back, bro," she told him.
"And this is why your my second favorite girl," Joey told her. I looked at Duke.
"I'm going to make my first roll now, Yugi. So from here on out you're just going to have to listen carefully and learn as we go," he said. He threw his dice. "See those marking there? Those are called crests. Different crests do different things. Take that green die for example; that star crest I just rolled is for summoning. To be able to summon something, at least two out of the three dice you roll during your turn have to land with the same type summon crest face up. And if I'm not mistaken it seems I've come up with two matching summoning crests on my very first roll of the game. Now, the dimensional digitizing part of the process, dimension the dice!" He said. A dice appeared on the field then opened up. "And there you go. Ryu-Kishin, my very first monster on the board," A monster was then on the field.
"The monsters are inside the dice?" I asked shocked.
"And that's not all! It looks like the dice themselves are a part of the game," Sera said.
"I'm glad you made that point, my little cheerleader in waiting. That's one of the key elements to Dungeon Dice Monsters, for you see once a die unfolds to dimensionalize a monster, it becomes a dungeon pathway and with enough of this dungeon path way, I can construct a route, a route my monsters can use to get to your heart points," Duke smirked. Oh, I get it. The way to destroy your opponents heart points is to get the monsters close enough to attack the hearts directly. So the more dice that I can dimensionalize and turn into dungeon path, the better. Sounds simple enough. I looked at Duke. "Go ahead, Yugi. It's your turn."
"Devlin, don't you forget, if I win this then you have to give my friends Joey and Sera their freedom back," I reminded.
"Right, if you win. If," he smirked.
"Sera and I are countin' on you, buddy. If there's anyone that can beat this guy Devlin, it's you!" Joey told me.
"No talking, bad dog," one of the girls said. Sera glared.
"Want to repeat that?" She growled making the girls flinch back. Sera smirked. "Didn't think so." Sera looked at me. "Show Duke Devlin why you're the King of Games!" She smiled at me.
"We're with you, Yugi," Tea said.
"Yeah, all the way, buddy! Long live the King of Games!" Tristen agreed. I threw my dice down.
"Go, dice roll!" I said. They landed. "The three crests, none of them match."
"Yeah, 'cause the level of dice you threw were way too high. Sorry, did I mention different dice have different levels?" Devlin asked.
"No you didn't, you slime ball," Sera glared.
"This is how it works, there's six type of crests on the surfaces of these dice; summon, movement, magic, attack, defense, and trap crests. How often these crests appears on a dice depends on that dices level. The level two dice that I just used had three summoned crests on each, so it's easy for me to roll two of them, but the easier a monster is to summon, the weaker he is. Okay, now look carefully at your dice, Yugi," he told me. I did so.
"They each only have one summon crest," I noted.
"Right, and that makes it much more difficult for you a pair of them. Of course, had you, it would've been a very strong monster. Still I'm of the opinion that in the early stages of the game it's better to go for a low level sure thing. After all, the odds of summoning a monster with high level dice are slim to none," Duke told me. I narrowed my eyes done. Oh no, almost all the dice I picked were high level.
'You can do it, Yami! Instead of using your heart in the cards, use it in the dice! I know you can win this,' Sera thought to me.
"Sorry, Yugi, but if all you have are high level dice at your disposal, you're gonna have a real hard time summoning any monsters," Duke said. I can't believe this! The game just started and I'm already at a huge disadvantage!
"Hey! This ain't fair, Duke!" Tristen shouted.
"You should have told Yugi all the rules before the game started!" Tea agreed.
"This different dice level stuff changes everything. You should start the game fresh!" Tristen said.
"If it were someone else, maybe, but not the Kind of Games. He'll be okay," Duke said.
"Of course he will! Unlike you, he has actual supporters, not kiss ups!" Sera told him. He glared at her as did the girls. I just gave her a small smile. Duke grabbed his dice and threw them.
"Go, dice roll!" His dice landed. "Yes! Another two summoning crests. My dungeon path'll expand and now I'll have two monsters on the field. Dimension the dice and unlock Gurenzou!" Devlin ordered. Its then his monster appeared. His dungeon path is getting closer and closer to my heart points and I'm not even on the board yet. "I'm coming for you, Yugi. And since I just rolled a movement crest too I can use it to advance my monster even further along the dungeon pathway. Oh, FYI, if you don't want to use a crest you rolled you can save them for later in your crest pool. Now go ahead, it's your turn," he told me.
~Sera~
"Go, dice roll!" Yami called out as he threw his dice. By the look on his face, no matching crests. Duke chuckled.
"Nothing again, huh? Maybe you ought to try blowing on them for good luck. My turn now. Go, dice roll!" Duke threw his dice. "Well, would you look at that, it's another summoning and look at the surprise inside...Gaiter Dragon!" Duke summoned his dragon. "And I'll use the movement crest I rolled to advance him."
"My roll now," Yami threw his dice. I saw a smile. "I can play a monster," he said.
"No you can't! You rolled two summoning crests, but they're levels aren't the same. It doesn't count," Duke told him.
"I thought..."
"It's my turn again. Oh, level four dice. They were too hot for you two handle, but let's see how I can do. Go, dice roll!" Duke rolled. He chuckled. "Oh, what can I say? I guess Lady Luck has the hots for old Duke Devlin like everyone else. I mean, what is that? Four summoning's in a row," Duke said.
"I'd rather rot in hell than have the hots for you!" I retorted. I was ignored again...bastard. A chest appeared on the field.
"This is an item summoning, Yugi, but more on that a bit later. Now roll!" Duke told him. Yami rolled. He got another miss. "You know, maybe we should change your name from the King of Games to the King of Lame. I mean, at this rate I'll have you beat before you're even on the board. I knew that you weren't the real deal, Yugi. Go, dice roll!" Duke threw his dice. Yami is only having a hard time because Duke cheated! Duke got another summon, the Thirteenth Grave. I looked at Yami worried.
'You can do this, Yami. Remember, I'm fighting right beside you like I have been since we met,' I told him. Yami nodded at me. He threw his dice.
"There, I rolled two level four summoning crests," Yami smiled. "Now I can finally summon a monster and defend my heart points. Dimension the dice!" Yami ordered. His monster appeared. "The Mighty Mage. And next I'll access my crest pool dice and use a movement crest to move my Mage one space forward so he can launch an attack against the Thirteenth Grave! Lightning Staff!" Yami ordered. Duke's monster was destroyed.
"Go, Yugi!" I cheered.
"Alright!" Tristen said next.
"In your face!" Tea told Duke.
"Yes!" Joey cheered as the girls booed.
"Knowing this game and all of its rules may have given you and advantage in assembling your creatures against me, but now I have a monster of my own," Yami smirked.
"Yug, keep it up, buddy! You're doing great!" Joey cheered. I looked at the board, Yami isn't in the clear yet, but with how he is, he'll win.
"Congratulations on your first monster, Yugi. Just for more and you'll have as many as I do. My turn now," Duke threw his dice. "Whoops, spoke too soon. Make that five more," Duke summoned his monster. It was the Blast Lizard. Turns out this monster has a special attack according to Duke.
"My roll now. Go, dice roll!" Yami threw his dice. "Dimension the dice! The Winged Dragon Guardian of the Fortress! Now you have two monsters of mine to contend with, Devlin," Yami said.
"Not for long, Yugi. It's my turn." Duke threw his dice next. A failed summon, but that didn't faze Devlin as Yami noted.
"Who ever said I was trying to summon a monster on this roll? Boy are you dense? Remember what I said about playing my blast lizard just the right way?" Duke asked.
"So then you were rolling for his special attack?" Yami asked.
"That's kinda right, Yugi. Blast Lizards special attack requires four magic crests. I already had two in my crest pool so I needed to roll two more which I did. So now I'll use a movement crest to position my Blast Lizard and next use my four magic crests to have him attack you," Duke said. His monster attacked the Winged Dragon and destroyed it. "That's too bad, you worked so hard to summon that Winged Dragon too," Duke said. His fan girls cheered. I looked at Yami.
"Don't give up! You can beat him, Yugi!" I said.
"It's my turn. Go, dice roll!" Yami threw his dice. No summons. It was Duke's turn now. He threw and was able to make another summon. The Dark Assailant. He then used his movement piece so they were in attacking distance of Yami's heart points. Now it was Yami's turn.
"Go ahead, take your turn. Nothing you roll is gonna get you out of this mess. I mean, I don't even think I could be able to find a way to pull it off and I'm the one who invented game," Duke said shocking us.
"You're its inventor?!" Yami and I asked.
"I knew you its champion but..." Yami was cut off by Devlin.
"I'm both! And everyone in the entire world should know it! I should be known as the second greatest game creator in all of the world by now, Yugi! But I'm not and it's all because of your cheating ways! That's the only way you could have beaten a great man like Pegasus! He has twice the skills you have! You ruined my life on that day, Yugi. The defeat you had of Pegasus changed everything for me," Duke glared.
"But how?" Yami asked.
"I dedicated my life to created Dungeon Dice Monsters. I spent all of my free time perfecting its game play and fine tuning its rules, and when I was finished it was clear that I had created something truly remarkable. I decided I had to send it to the only man who could possibly appreciate it. Pegasus. A couple of days past, but I didn't hear anything from that great game master until I got this crazy email. He said he read my proposal, I couldn't believe my eyes. He said he wanted to fly me out on his personal helicopter so that we could discuss the game in person. The very next day I was brought to Pegasus' island, Duelist Kingdom, I could hardly believe it! All my hard work was paying off, I was going to meet my idol. Maximillion Pegasus. When we met Pegasus immediately challenged me to a game of Dungeon Dice Monsters. I expected him to be good, but he was phenomenal. It was his first time playing the game and he completely over powered me. Me? The guy who created it. I was amazed with his skills! And with that the deal was sealed. He told me we'd draw out the official contract after he finished hosting a dueling tournament that was about to take place on his island. The tournament you were heading to, Yugi. And ever since you beat him there I haven't been able to contact him at all! Everything that I worked for was shattered that day and it's all your fault!" Duke pointed to him.
"You don't know what kind of man Pegasus was at all!" Yami stated.
"He was a great man! Until you came along and broke his spirit with your dirty cheating ways and now I'll get my revenge by breaking you!" Duke said. "Now Yugi, I'll expose you for what you really are, a good for nothing cheater!"
"I've never cheated at anything in my entire life!" Yami stated.
"Please! You expect me to believe that someone like you could defeat a great game master like Maximillion Pegasus? You can't even hold your own in Dungeon Dice Monsters!"
"Just listen to me, Devlin!"
"Never!" Duke refused.
"Your worshiping of Pegasus has totally blinded you from the truth!" Yami told him.
"No, I can see perfectly. I see a cheater who's about to be retired from Duel Monsters forever. Now roll, you fraud!" Duke told him.
"I will roll and I will defeat you!" Yami rolled. "There, I two level three summon crests. That's another monster for me. Dimension the dice and unlock Thunder Ball!" Yami ordered.
"Huh, Thunder Ball. Thunder Ball may be a third level monster, but his stats really aren't that strong. I'm afraid he's not going to be a lot of help to you," Duke smirked.
'If only he knew why Pegasus won his game against him. He knew nothing about the Millennium Eye and its powers,' I thought to Yami.
'I know. I will win and prove that I'm not a fraud. Then I can tell him why I beat Pegasus,' he thought back. I nodded. Duke threw his dice next. It was one attack and two movement crests. His monsters can attack Yami's heart points now! Duke ordered the attack then and one of the hearts were gone.
"Yugi!" I called worried. The girls started cheering around Joey who got ticked.
"Would you all shut up?! My friend's in real trouble here!" Joey snapped. The girls started attack him and I snapped.
"WOULD YOU ALL SHUT THE HELL UP?! AND LEAVE MY FRIEND ALONE BEFORE I TURN YOU INTO MINCEMEAT!" I shouted at them. They backed off scared. Joey hugged me scared and grateful. I looked at Yami and grew worried again. Yami has to win. If he loses everyone will think he's a fraud and he'll have to quit playing Duel Monsters forever! The girls were cheering and said Joey's the dumbest dog you ever met.
"AM NOT!" Joey yelled. One of the girls said he was a rabid dog and that they'll get him a muzzle. Joey diverted their attention to Duke again.
"Man, I can't wait until Yugi wins this and gets Joey out of that stupid dog suit Duke Devlin's making him wear and to stop him from forcing Sera to date him. That guy's a real jerk," Tristen said making Duke glare at him.
"Yeah, Duke's all about humiliating his opponents, especially Yugi. Why else would be want to beat him in a game and broadcast it around the world?" Tea asked.
"He's sure on a vendetta," Tristen agreed.
"It's not fair. He blames Yugi for everything; his game not taking off, losing Pegasus' business partner, it's just wrong," Tea said.
"Yug! Come on, buddy! You just gotta win this match and get me out of this flea bag costume before I completely lose it!" Joey yelled. The girls attacked him again. Joey stated sulking. "I wish I could just play dead."
"Man, those cheerleaders sure know how to yank Joey's chain," Tristen said.
"Yeah, well, at least they haven't reduced him to howling yet," Tea said. Joey howled and I looked at my friends.
"I'm not house breaking him," I told them. I looked at the girls and glared. "Either you all stop or I'll keep my promise about the mincemeat threat. Being a Kaiba, I can do some terrible things to you," I threatened making them cower back. Heh. I looked at Yami who only had two heart points left. He has to win. For me, for Joey, and for himself. He rolled his dice then.
"It appears I've rolled two magic crests, Duke, but since both have times two multiplayer emblems, each of their values are doubled giving me four magic crests. That's more than enough to activate Thunder Ball's special ability," Yami told him. I smirked. That's my Yami.
"Not bad, you even learned how to use your help screen to learn how to activate the monster's special abilities," Duke said.
"That's right. Now I'll use three of the crests I rolled and activate Thunder Ball's special attack. Go, Rolling Crush!" Yami ordered. I smirked.
'I knew you could do it,' I thought to him.
'I have something important to fight for. I won't lose,' he thought back. I blushed a little. "Your Blast Lizard is about to be bold over!" Duke's monster was done. "But my attack will not end there. I'll use three more magic crests I saved in my crest pool and have Thunder Ball strike again! Thunder Ball, attack Gaiter Dragon!" Yami ordered. The dragon was destroyed.
"You nailed him! Way to pick up the spare, Yug!" Joey cheered. The girls whimpered...again while Joey held up a sign that showed Duke's face with a cross out sign. I giggled at the sight. "Great job!" Joey grinned.
"Okay, Duke, now we have a game," Yami smirked.
"Not bad, Yugi. You used that help screen to come up with a pretty impressive move there, but still I wouldn't get any ideas about winning this match. You will never know Dice Monsters as well as I do. After all, I'm the guy who invented the game," Duke said smugly.
"That may be true, just as your idol Pegasus created Duel Monsters card game, but inventing a game doesn't mean you can't be beaten at it, Devlin. But perhaps my beating Pegasus was the exception to the rule, but perhaps you are better," Yami smirked.
"Why, thank you...hey, wait! You only beat Pegasus by cheating! Don't try and fool me!" Duke glared. Yami kept his smirk.
"No, Duke, you're fooling yourself," Yami retorted.
"Yeah right, cheat. Go, dice roll!" Duke rolled his dice. "Nice, I'll save those in my crest pool."
"Now it's my turn, Duke. Go, dice roll!" Yami rolled his dice next.
"Way to go, Yugi!" Tea and I cheered.
"Excellent, two summons and a movement crest. Dimension the dice! Now, behold the monster that I've unlocked. I've summoned the Knight of Twin Swords!" Yami said. I smirked.
'Making a statement here?' I asked.
'Most definitely,' Yami smirked.
"For all the good it'll do ya. None of my monsters are within striking distance of him," Duke told him.
"That's why I'll store my other die in my crest pool for now," Yami said.
"So, at least you've become skilled in conserving your crests. 'Bout time," Duke said.
"Crest this, crest that, I'm totally lost," Joey said hold a sign with a question mark.
"I guess it's true, you can't teach an old dog new tricks," Duke smirked. Joey growled at him. "Come on, dog boy, its Dungeon Dice rules number one. You're allowed to take the crests your roll, store them in your crest pool, and then use them later on," Duke explained.
"Oh yeah, I remember that rule now!" Joey said. The girls ganged up on him until I glared.
"Threat is still open, kiss ups," I said coldly making them shiver as Joey moved closer to me.
"Watch out, girls. This kitty has sharp claws," Joey told them motioning to me. I smirked.
"This 'kitty' likes scratch posts too," I gave a look to the girls who cowered back. Joey and I high fived. I looked at Yami. 'You grew used that help screen quickly,' I commented. He smirked.
'When you're friends with a Kaiba, you learn about technology quickly. Might come in handy if we ever have to go through virtual world experience again,' he told me. I nodded.
'Agreed. Good luck, Knight,' I thought to him. I saw a small smile dance on his lips.
"My turn now! Go, dice roll!" Duke threw his dice. "Alright, a pair of summoning crests! Dimension the dice and unlock my creature! Now here's a monster your Knight will definitely want to steer clear of. The Battle Ox, but then you might have a hard time avoiding him once I use these four stored movement crests and have him charge in for an attack. Here he comes, Yugi. Invading your turf and you better believe this bull knows how to fight. Now, Battle Ox, go for the Knight of Twin Swords, attack! Oh and by the way, my Battle Ox gains a ten point bonus when attacking all warrior like creatures like your knight!" Duke said. His Ox went to attack.