The girl next door

Lamelo

"All net baby!" I leave my hand up in the air as I watch to see if the ball actually goes in. It goes in like I predicted, making the perfect swish sound.

"Melo beat gelo once again y'all. I'll talk to you guys later." My brother lonzo ends the live he had on Instagram. We continued to shoot around outside and play some more 1 on 1.

The loud sound of a truck catches our attention,"Is dad getting more clothes dropped off or what?" My other brother Gelo asks in confusion.

"Probably let's go see."Lonzo heads to the front and we follow suit. Once we get to where all the commotion is coming from,we see that it's not any sort of delivery truck,but a moving one.

"Looks like we got new neighbors.I hope they got a daughter because if so I call dibs." Gelo looks around in search of the new family.

I shove both of them back a bit,well I shoved zo;gelo's fat ass didn't move. "No I get dibs because y'all clowns are leaving and I got two more years here."

We watched the movers go back and forth into the house as we patiently wait to see the new residents. Soon we see a tall black man, and not too far behind him was a Mexican woman.We waited a few minutes to see if they had any kids our age,but from the looks of it they didn't.

They ordered the movers where to put what boxes in their new home."Its just some couple let's go." I start dribbling the ball making my way to the backyard.

"Sweetie stop dribbling that ball and come pick out the room you want." The lady called out. A girl appears from behind the truck with a basketball in hand.

She dribbles to the couple,who I'm assuming are her parents using combinations of behind the back,through the legs and simple crossovers.

"Aye I wonder if she plays basketball." I look over to my brothers and Eli who were watching the girl dribble around.

"I'm pretty sure she does,I mean look at her handles"lonzo said as we continued to watch in curiosity.

"Can we set up the court before I pick my room?" She walked up to the two adults picking up her dribbles. The girl stood about 5'5 with a complexion that was between brown skin and dark skin;Her big,curly and wild black hair stopped at the middle of her back.

The family talked for a few minutes before her parents walked into their new home leaving the girl outside."I'm gonna go talk to her." I straighten out my clothes and make my way over.

The guys hype me up as I walk on,"ok melo we see you!" I walk over to my new neighbor who was still standing in the middle of the lawn.

"Hey I'm lamelo, your new neighbor." I put my hand out. "I'm Dominique." She shakes my hand, but not with a smile. Her face was neutral and her tone sounded like she was unsure if she wanted to introduce herself.

"Me and those guys over there were just watching y'all move in." I look back and point at the guys who were obviously staring at us. "That's not creepy at all..." I could tell that she was uncomfortable with my last statement and wanted to get away.

"I didn't um-we didn't mean to...like be weird, it's just that-"

"Um I have to go now..." She quickly walked off and as soon as she did I hear abrupt laughter. I walk back embarrassed,"Y'all can shut up it ain't funny."I go right past them and into the house.

I screwed up and I barely got her name. 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Lonzo, Gelo,Melo come down here!" I heard my dad call out. I pause my game and go downstairs. "What's going on?" Gelo ask.

"Oou look brownies." Gelo reaches out for one but my mom hits his hand away."These are for our new neighbors."She puts the lid over the container,"Now let's all go over there and meet them."

"I wanna meet the girl who rejected melo earlier."Lonzo and gelo bust out laughing again. "She didn't reject me so shut up."

Gelo puts his hand on my shoulder,"I'm pretty sure you got rejected when a girl runs away."

"She didn't run away, she speed walked." I mumble as we all quickly put on some slides or shoes so we can go next door.

Once we get there, my dad knocks on the door as my mom stands beside him and we stand behind them both. The man from earlier opens the door"hello how may I help you?"

"We live next door, and we just wanted to stop by to meet you and your family,along with giving you these."My mom smiles at the man handing him the brownies

"Oh how nice, come in." He opens the door so we can go inside"Please excuse the mess it's been a long day." He lightly chuckles.

He takes us into the living room that happened to be set up and free of boxes or bubble wrap."Erica, Dominique we have guest." He calls out for his wife and daughter.

The woman didn't take long to come from wherever she was. We said our hellos and the adults talked to each other. After about five minutes the girl from earlier comes out. She was in gym clothes and her body was sweaty.

"Everyone this is our daughter Dominique," Her mom introduces the girl as she shakes hands with my parents. My brothers and I were some feet away from the adults having our own conversation, until she came over.

"Um hey I'm Dominique." She gives a small smile that was kinda forced.
"I'm lonzo"

"I'm liangelo"

"And I'm lamelo,from earlier."I rub the back of my neck remembering the awkward situation that took place earlier.

"Sorry about that," She laughs it off "Its just when someone says they were watching you, it's kinda weird."

I look down at my shoes,"yeah I understand that now."

The uncomfortable feeling that I felt earlier with Dominique is in the air again. I don't know if the three of them felt it,but I certainly did.

She slowly begins to step away"Yea so I'm gonna go back to my workout...nice meeting you guys." Yup. Everyone felt the same feeling.

"I think she likes you." Lonzo nudges me with a petty smirk.

Asshole

I've never been in a situation like this. I've never really made a bad impression on a girl before. I mean I'm lamelo ball, star basketball player. What girl doesn't want me? What girl in L.A doesn't know about me? My few interactions with Dominique went terribly awful and I don't know why. Having a girl not show interest in me was new, and I don't know if I like it or not.

I decided to write this lamelo book bc I recently got these sudden feels for him😂 I hope y'all like it💗