Chapter 13: Homies

We've haven't been up on this roof for that long, and the only thing that I can think of is, Where the hell would Merle go?! The man sawed his own hand off for Christ sake! My daddy pulls out his crossbow and points it at T-Dog's head, at the same time Rick takes out his pistol and aims it at my daddy's head.

"I won't hesitate. I don't care if every Walker in the city hears it." Rick says to my daddy, but I know him, he's a softy when it comes to killing people. And just as I think that my daddy drops him arm. Rick unloads his gun and puts it back in his holster.

"You got a do-rag or something?" My daddy asks T-Dog. T-Dog takes one out of his pocket and hands it to him. My daddy walks over to Merle's hand, puts his crossbow down and lays the cloth on the floor. A couple of flies buzz around Merle's hand, must be fresh.

"I guess the saw blade was too dull for the handcuffs." My daddy says picking up Merle's hand by one of the fingers and examines it. "Oh, ain't that a bitch..." He muses as he places the hand on the cloth and wraps it up. He picks it up and walks over to Glenn, who once again looks about ready to blow chunks all over the damn place, and puts the hand into Glenn's bag.

"He must have used a tourniquet, maybe his belt." My daddy explains, picking his crossbow up. "Be much more blood if he didn't." He then starts to follow Merle's blood trail, as do the rest of us. T-Dogs goes and collects the tools that were left behind, placing the bolt cutters with them. We follow the trail around the corner to an open door, and my daddy aims his crossbow at the doorway. We walk deeper into the building, not seeing anything dead or alive inside.

"Merle? You in here?" My daddy calls out as we continue to walk down the stairs.

***

We find ourselves in an office building, there's a lone Walker standing in the middle of the room. As she turns around I let my arrow go flying, right into her forehead.

"Nice shot." My daddy says from behind me. I only smile slightly and nod. As we regroup with the others, we find two dead walkers on the floor.

"Had enough in him to take out these two son bitches." My daddy says.

"One handed." I added.

"Toughest asshole I ever met, my brother." My daddy says reloading his crossbow. "Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails."

"Any man can pass out from blood loss, no matter how tough he is." Rick says. Way to look on the bright side Rick. We continue to follow the trail and kill Walkers in the process.

"Merle!" My daddy shouts for the millionth time.

"We're not alone here. Remember?" Rick says again, and again, and again.

"Screw that. He could be bleeding out. You said so yourself." My daddy scuffs mimicking Rick. We find ourselves in a kitchen of some sort, one of the burners are running and there's blood everywhere and Merle's belt.

"What's that burned stuff?" I ask Rick as picks up something off the stove.

"Skin." Rick says and my skin crawls. "He cauterized the stump."

"Told you he was tough." My daddy says.

"Nobody can kill Merle but Merle." I say out loud.

"Don't take that on faith. He's lost a lot of blood." Rick responds.

"Yeah? Didn't stop him from busting out of this death trap." My daddy says walking over to a busted window.

"He left the building? Why the hell would he do that?" Glenn asks confused.

"Why wouldn't he? He's out there alone as far as he knows, doing what he's got to do." My daddy mentions.

"Surviving." I add.

Daddy's Little GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara