Chapter 6: Uncle Merle

Rick's P.O.V

"Come on, let's go!" Glenn shouts as I stand in place as I watch Kathrine jet passed me to get ahead with the others. We found her father? We found her Father! ...That means we can find Lori and Carl! I though as I follow Glenn and the others, Kathrine is ahead of everyone, racing up the stairs to be with her dad, gunshot after gunshot, he must be trying to kill the Walkers while they're here. I hear the door burst open. When I reach the top of the stairs I see Kathrine on her knees and her mouth is wide open with tears are filling her eyes.

"Hey! Dixon! Are you crazy?!" Morales yells. Dixon just laughs and continues to fire.

"Oh jeez. Hey! Y'all be more polite to a man with a gun! Huh? Ah! Only common sense." He jumps off the ledge where he was firing from and walks over towards them.

"Man, you wasting bullets we ain't even got!" T-Dog yells, "And you're bringing even more of them down on our ass! Man, just chill!"

"Eh, Bad enough I got this taco-bender on my ass all day. Now I'm gonna take orders from you? I don't think so, bro. That'll be the day." Dixon says.

"Yeah, 'That'll be the day'? You got something you want to tell me?" T-Dog questions.

"Hey, T-Dog man, just leave it." Morales says, trying to calm him down.

"Naw!"

"All right? It ain't worth it. Now Merle, just relax, okay? We've got enough trouble."

"You want to know the day?" Merle Dixon says.

"Yeah!" T-Dog says crossing his arms.

"I'll tell you the day, Mr. Yo, it's the day I take orders from a n*****." Merle says.

"Mother..." T-Dog goes in for a punch but Merle dodges it and hits T-Dog in the face with his gun.

"Hey, come on, Merle. That's enough." I say but intend I get punched in the face.

"MERLE!" Kathrine yells. He stops in his tracks and looks over at her.

"You little son bitch." He says under his breath and walks over to her, "I thought you'd be dead by now." He laughs, placing a hand on her shoulder before punching her in the stomach. Knocking the air out of her, he hold her up by her shirt, punching her again before she falls on the floor.

"Dixon! Whoa, cut it out, man! Stop it!" Everyone yells but he doesn't stop. I try to push past but am held back by the others crowding around.

"It's your fault why Daryl stopped listenin' to me, that was before all this happened and I told him you were dead." He spits, kicking her a few times before climbing on top of her, choking her. "After that, he came crawling back to me!" Morales tries to pull Merle off Kathrine only to get elbowed to the stomach.

"Where's my daddy?" She struggles to ask, her face a deep bright red. Merle slams her onto the roof before, pulling a pistol out and points holds it to her forehead.

"Wouldn't you like to know..." He snarls. She spits in his face cause him to back hand her so hard her lip splits. He stops and looks around at each of us, "Yeah! All right! We're gonna have ourselves a little powwow, huh? Talk about who's in charge. I vote, me." He laughs, wild grin on his face as he finally climbs off of her. I rush to her side as she takes in deep longs breaths, coughing and spitting up blood. "Anybody else? Huh? Democracy time, y'all. Show of hands, huh? All in favor? Huh? Come on. Let's see 'em... Oh, come on. All in favor?" Everyone raises their hands but keeps their eyes low; you've got to be kidding me?! Cowards... Merle laughs like an idiot as he looks around the group.

"I'm alright, I'm alright." She finally says, wiping the blood from her mouth as I help her to her feet.

"Yeah. That's good. Now that means I'm the boss, right? Yeah. Anybody else? Hmm? Anybody?" He questions mockingly.

"Yeah." I say as I head up behind him and hit him with the butt of the sniper. He falls to the ground, letting out a loud grunt as I drag him to a nearby pipe and handcuff him to it. I grab him by the chest and sit him us as he comes out of his daze.

"Who the hell are you?" He spits, fighting to get his hand lose.

"Officer Friendly." I sass, taking his gun and tucking it in my belt loop, "Look here, Merle. Things are different now. There are no n****** anymore. No dumb-as-shit, inbred white-trash fools either. Only dark meat and white meat. There's us and the dead. We survive this by pulling together, not apart."

"Screw you, man." He says.

"I can see you make a habit of missing the point." I retort.

"Yeah? Well, screw you twice."

"Ought to be polite to a man with a gun. Only common sense." I recite his words, earning a glare that could cut right through you.

"Rick." Kathrine calls, "it's alright, not the first time he's had a temper tantrum, won't be the last." I reach into his pockets and pull out a small baggie of white powder. Coke, maybe something stronger. I look into his eyes and see only black.

"Got some on your nose there." I say as I flick it off.

"What are you gonna do? Arrest me?" He laughs, but when I throw the baggie off the build all his laughing comes to an end. "Hey! What are you doing!? Man, that was my stuff! Hey! If I get loose, you'd better pray-Yeah, you hear me, you pig?! You hear me?!" He yells as he squirms and tries to get lose from the hand-cuffs, only causing it to dig deeper into his wrist.

"Yeah, your voice carries." I say as I walk back to Kathrine. She gives me a hug and I give her one back.

"Thank you." She whispers in my shirt.

"Do you hear me, you filthy pig?!" Merle still yelling as I walk over to the edge of the building.

"Shut your trap Merle!" Kathrine yells, causing both of them to bicker back and forth.

"You're not Atlanta P.D. Where you from?" Morales asks, joining me.

"Up the road a ways." I answer.

"Well, officer friendly from up the road a ways, welcome to the big city." He says as we look over the side of the building, overlooking the Walkers with the sound of thunder rolling in.

Here's the new chapter! Sorry if it's shorter than the other. Please vote and leaves comments below! Enjoy!

xoxo