Chapter 16: Nightmare

Kat's P.O.V

Well that was fun, getting attacked, getting kidnapped, being a hostage, then being set free to watch old people, then being rescued. Sure was a hell of a lot better than looking for Merle who seems to be doing find by his one handed self. I think to myself as we walk back to the spot we left truck.

"Admit it, you only came back to Atlanta for the hat." Glenn jokes to Rick causing me to snicker a little.

"Don't tell anybody." Rick jokes back.

"You've given away half our guns and ammo." My daddy complains.

"Not nearly half." Rick defends. Really Rick 'not nearly' is the same thing as nearly.

"For what? Bunch of old farts who are gonna die off momentarily anyhow? Seriously, how long you think they got?" Words of wisdom from my father.

"How long do any of us?" Rick asks. As we round the corner we find a blank patch on the road where the truck should be.

"Oh my God!" Glenn and I both gasp.

"Where the hell's our van?" My daddy asks.

"We left it right there. Who would take it?" Glenn starts to freak out.

"Merle." Rick says. That son bitch.

"He's gonna be taking some vengeance back to camp." My daddy tells us. Great! A one handed manic on his way back to camp. What could be better after the hell of a day we had.

***

Thanks to good o'Uncle Merle we gotta run back to camp, seeing as the sun is already starting to set. I'm not one to be out here when it gets dark and get eaten alive by Walkers! I think to myself. Lord knows what type of shit goes down out here when it's dark out. We run through the city, attempting to avoid as many Walkers as possible.

"This way! Let's go!" Glenn shouts as we sprint down an alley. So far the Walkers have stayed to a minimal. We squeeze through a fence and come out to the outer part of the city. The others are ahead of us as me and my daddy closely trail behind them.

"Kat... I-I need to tell you somethin'. My daddy stutters.

"What is it?" I ask somewhat scared and confused. What could really be more important then getting back to camp right now?

"Back when... when you and Glenn got taken. I-I thought the guns were..." He sighs, running a hand through his sweat drenched hair. "I thought the guns were more important than y'all. I don't know why I thought that, I guess Merle's  rubbed off a bit too much on me when you were gone. I-I'm sorry Kathrine." I felt a little ping in my heart as my feet stop moving and it felt like everything was moving slowly. I hate that I feel like I don't know him anymore...

"Kathrine! Keep up we don't have that much time!" Glenn yells from a little further up.

"S-sorry." I call as I begin to jog up.

"Kat?" My daddy calls. "Kat can you... can you just say somethin'?"

"Daddy... all that matters is that you did come, okay?"

"Okay."

***

We finally approach the outer part of the forest where the camp lays hidden inside. Everything is killing me and I feel about ready to pass out from exhaustion. It's pitch black outside and we're jogging up the small hill that leads to camp when screams and gunshots ring through the air. I knew it! I frickin' knew it! Merle you piece of shit! I think to myself as we all run to camp.

"Oh my God." Was the last thing I heard from Rick as he sprinted up the hill himself.

"Go! Go!" T-Dog yells as we all follow. We finally reach camp and its completely opposite of what was expected.

"Oh my God!" I scream as Walkers roam around everywhere, eating the people I just started to get to know. My hands begin to shake as one tackles a little girl and takes a huge bite out of her face as she screams and cries for her momma. I pull out my hand gun and shot it in the head as a tear rolls down my face.

The others are quick to join me as they pull out their guns and begin to kill the undead. Taking out Walker after Walker, trying to save what's left of this camp. Jesus there's so many of them! How the hell did so many of them get here?! I think as I shot them down one by one.

"Baby! Carl! Baby!" Rick yells.

"Dad!" Carl yells back while running to him.

"Carl!" Rick says embracing his son in his arms. I look around the camp to see a lot of faces missing.

"Glenn!" I yell looking around for him, he comes out from behind a tent and we hug each other.

"I think we killed the last of 'em." I tell him as the gunshots stop.

"Daddy!? Daddy!" I yell looking for him. Everyone looks around them with worried and confused expressions. "D-daddy." My voice cracks as I turn and look back towards the dead bodies, hoping my daddy isn't one of them.

Just then there's rustling coming behind one tent and I pull out my crossbow and aim it towards the rustling. Just as my finger is on the trigger my daddy walks out and wipes blood off his face. I drop my crossbow and run towards him and I wrap my arms around his waist and he wraps his around my back.

"It's okay I'm fine, daddy's right here. It's okay Kitty Kat." He whispers into my hair while running his hand through my hair as I cry.

"Daddy today was a nightmare."

"I remember my dream now," Jim speaks up, "Why I was digging holes..." We all turn, looking at the piles of dead bodies around us.

Sorry for the short chapter. :((

I'm trying to stay on the same story line as the show. The next chapter will be long, I promise.

xoxo