Chapter 5: Geek

"Hey you alive in there?" The voice says again. This time Rick goes for the speaker but accidentally hits his head causing me to giggle a little.

"Hello? Hello?" Rick calls desperately.

"There you are. You had me wondering." The man chuckles lightly.

"Where are you? Outside? Can you see us right now?" Rick asks.

"Yeah, I can see you." Rick and I let out a sigh of relief, "You're surrounded by Geeks. That's the bad news."

"There's good news?" I ask.

"No." He answers.

"Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you we're a little concerned in here." Rick says.

"Oh man! You should see it from over here. You'd be having a major freak-out."

"Got any advice for us?"

"Yeah, I'd say make a run for it."

"That's it?" We both ask, "Make a run for it?" Rick adds.

"My ways not as dumb as it sounds." The man defends himself, "You've got eyes on the outside here. There's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horse went down, you with me so far?"

"So far." Rick answers.

"Okay, the street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. If you move now while they're distracted, you stand a chance, got ammo?"

"Shit." I mumble under my breath.

"In that duffel bag I dropped out there, and guns." Rick says, "Can I get to it?"

"Forget the bag, okay? It's not an option. What do you have on you?"

"Hang on." Rick says as he hands me the gun he got off the dead soldier, and checks him for ammo. Then he goes over the dead body and checks it, finding a grenade. He gives me a look before he stuffs it in his pocket. I hand him the speaker as I check the rest of the tank, "I've got a Beretta with one clip, 15 rounds."

"Make 'em count!" The man tells us, "Jump off the right side of the tank, keep going in that direction. There's an alley up the street, maybe 50 yards. Be there."

"Hey, what's your name?" Rick asks.

"Have you been listening? You're running out of time!" The man yells through the speaker.

"Right." Rick nods, grabbing the shovel off the wall and looks at me; both of us are excited yet terrified and heavily breathing. If one thing, one tiny little thing goes wrong, we could die.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Do I have a choice?" I sass as he opens the hatchet at the top and climbs out, killing the Walker topside before pulling me out. We both jump off the tank and fall to the ground. Man that hurt! We quickly pull ourselves up, shooting the Walkers in our path as we follow the instructions given to us. Just as Rick's about to shoot another, he stops. It's not a Walker, it a guy, it's the same guy from the radio! I recognize his voice.

"Ahh! Whoa! Not dead! Not dead! Come On! Come on!" Rick and I both run to keep up with him, "Back here! Come on! Come on!" Rick shoots another down as we race down the alley, stopping at a ladder hanging off a wall. The guy lets me go up first, Rick still on the ground trying to shoot the things down as they begin to flood the small alley.

"What are you doing?! Come on!" The guy yells at Rick. We reach the top and all of us are panting, gasping for air. The three of us look down as the Walkers trying to reach for us, even from this height

Daddy's Little GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara