Chapter 18: Naps

Kat's P.O.V

My daddy is right, we should've just burned the bodies, not contaminate the ground with rotting corpses... I am pulled out of thought when I feel someone tugging on my shirt sleeve, I turn around to be faced with Carl. I flash him a smile and he returns it quickly.

"Hey." I say as I continue to walk.

"Hey."

"So the C.D.C..." Carl says trailing off at the end.

"Yeah when me and your daddy got out of the hospital, the man we met told us about it, said they were working on some cure or somethin'." I explain looking over at Carl, catching him staring at me as out eyes meet.

"Sorry." He says quickly and looks down.

"For what?" I ask the obvious question.

"For staring, it must creep you out."

"No, its fine. Probably the most flattering male attention I got since me and my daddy went campin' with all his friends and their sons." I laugh, I remember how all the boys stared at me while I loaded my gun, I took down 6 birds and a buck that day, since all the men were drinking and laughing and all the boys were busy drooling over me.

"Oh." He says before we fell silent till we got to camp.

"Well I'm gonna hit the hay, still pretty pooped from yesterday's 'events'." I say to Carl as I stretch.

"Mind if I join?" He asks. I raise my eyebrow playfully. "Oh umm, sorry, turned creepy for a second." He says causing me to laugh.

"Sure." I say taking his hand and walking back to my tent.

Carl's P.O.V

I can't believe she said yes! I think to myself as she takes my hand and leads us back to her tent. We get inside and she takes her shirt off, leaving her undershirt on. What?! She has boobs?! She must be older than I thought! I think staring at her chest.

"Ummm, Carl, my eyes are up here." She says waving her arm up.

"Oh my God, sorry." I say quickly, I can feel my checks starting to burn as she laughs. God she has the cutest laugh.

"Kat... Can I ask you something?"

"Uh, sure?" She says sitting down on her sleeping bag, pulling my arm down making me sit with her. "How old are you?" I ask.

"When I was in the hospital I was just over 13... So I guess I'm 14, depending on how long I was in the hospital... What 'bout you?"

"I'm 13."

"Really?! But you're so small!" She says punching my arm, teasing me.

"Ha ha, very funny, I just haven't hit puberty yet." I say defending myself.

"I can tell." She says under her breath.

"What was that?" I joke.

"Nothin'." She laughs knowing I heard. I jump on her and start tickling her, making her laugh so hard she starts to tear up.

"Mercy! Mercy!" She cries out. I release her and we're both out of breath laughing.

"How'd you know I'm ticklish??" She asks.

"I saw Glenn poke you earlier and you ran away laughing, so I guessed you were ticklish, guess I was right." I said as we both laugh.

"Okay! Now I really need that nap!" She says falling to the ground and covering herself with a blanket, there's a good foot and a half between us. As we lay there I stare up at the ceiling of the tent and count the amount of bugs trapped in the lining. Not even 5 minutes later I hear light snoring and mumbling from beside me. I look over and Kat is out! And when I mean out I mean out! Her arms and legs are sprawled out along the sleeping bag and her hair is all over the place.

I just stare at her. "God you're beautiful." I say moving closer to her and brushing her hair out of her face. She moves closer to me, close enough that she wraps her arms around my waist and nudges her face into my chest. I froze, Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! I think as I lay there completely still not trying to wake her up.

"Caaaaarl." She purrs. Oh shit! She still awake! "Carl is so cute... with his blue eyes... they sparkle just like water." I sit there, listening to her, she must be sleep talking. I think as she continues.

"Shut up Glenn! I do not like him... well... maybe a little. ..." She says than laughs. "Promise you won't tell him?" She asks holding up her pinky than shakes it in the air. "Can't go round breakin' pinky promise now." She says in the thickest southern accent I've ever hear. And I've been up here with Daryl and Merle.

She finally relaxes and so do I, "time to get some sleep now, Night Kat." I say kissing the top of her head as I begin falling asleep.