Chapter 2: Walkers

Rick's P.O.V

I wake up for the second time that day, in a strange room unaware of where I am, but this time with rope around my wrists and ankles. There is a young boy standing in the door way with a bat in hand watching me intensively. Katherine is across the room tied to another bed. I here noise coming from my right and I see a man with his back towards me taking gloves off and washing his hands.

"Got that bandage changed now, was pretty rank. What was it? The wound?" He asks.

"Gunshot." I tell him looking at Katherine still unconscious. How long have we been out for? It's pretty dark out.

"Gunshot? What else, anything?"

"Gunshot ain't enough?" I asked.

"Look. I ask and you answer, its common courtesy right?" He asked getting up in my face. "Did you get bit?"

"Bit?" I asked confused by his question. Bit by what?

"Bit, chewed, maybe scratched. Anythin' like that?"

"No I got shot." I say, "Just shot as far as I know." He raises he hand and tries to put it over my face, what the hell is he doin'? I ask myself as I try to move away.

"Hey just let me..." Ok. I let him feel my head, he must be checking if I have a fever or something. He looks towards the boy who I assume is his son and tells him that I feel cooler now.

"Fever woulda kill you by now." He tells me.

"I don't think I have one."

"It'd be hard to miss." He says as he looks at his son as he takes out a knife from his back pocket. "Take a moment... Look how sharp it is, if you or her try anythin'. I will kill both of you with it and don't you think I won't." He says right before he cuts me loose and then walks over to Katherine and cuts her loose as well.

"Come on out when you're able." He says as he walks out of the room with his son. I get out of my bed and walk over to Katherine just as she begins to wake up.

Kat's P.O.V

I wake up to find myself lying on a strange bed in a strange room with Rick sitting at his feet.

"Where are we? What happened?" I ask as he gets up and wraps a blanket around himself.

"Kathrine its okay, we're safe... A man and his son have taken us to their home. Come with me."

"Rick, you can call me Kat.... If you like..." I say as he hands me a blanket and smiles as I follow him down stairs to join the man and his son. Only one other person calls me Kat... Daddy. I haven't noticed until now how much I miss him and how much I Need to find him. My thoughts are interrupted with the sound of squeaky stairs as we head downstairs. I hear the sound of dishes and cutlery clanking. We reach the kitchen to find them setting up the table for what looks like dinner. As we walk in, the man and his son stop what they're doing and look up at us. I walk into the kitchen as Rick walks into the living room. I sit beside the boy and give him a friendly smile as he gives one in return.

"Hi. I'm Dwayne." He says holding his hand out.

"Kathrine." I say shaking his hand.

"This place, its Fred and Cindy Drake's." Rick says as he walks around the room.

"Never met 'em." The man says.

"I've been here. This is their place." Rick says.

"It was empty when we got here." He tells Rick. Rick walks up to the window, and just as he was about to look outside the man tells him not to because 'they'll' see the light. Who will see the light?