Chapter 35: Epilogue

Five years later

Loud godly snores that scarily resemble the sound of thunder fill my eardrums. I slowly lift open my crusted-shut eyelids and glare at the ceiling. It wasn't the ceilings fault that I was woken up at such an untimely hour. I glare at the blonde-headed boy sleeping next to me, but my glare softens immediately. His mouth was hanging open and his hair was a mess, but he looked so innocent and peaceful. Scorp and I had only moved in together a few months ago and it was an adjustment. Going from my own peaceful apartment where nobody disturbed me while I slept to sleeping with a man that was louder then a herd of stampeding unicorns was difficult, but it was worth it. I loved that I had someone to cook breakfast for. Someone to come home to in the evenings after a long day at the ministry. We fought just as much as ever, but our fights never lasted more than a few minutes before we'd burst out laughing.

I don't know what made me do it, but something about Scorp lying there looking so peaceful irked me to take my pillow, and whack him with it as hard as I possibly could.

Scorp jerks awake and his out of the bed, before I can even whack him again. His wand is in his hand and he is looking around for any signs of danger but lowers it when he realizes I'm the attacker.

I hide the pillow behind my back and bat my eyelashes pouting my lip out a little, playing the innocent card.

"Flare what are you doing?" He demands, rubbing his sleep-deprived eyes.

"I'm simply initiating a pillow war that you will lose miserably in," I reply simply.

Scorp raises his eyebrow and smirks. "I really doubt that I'll lose. I am the Chudley Cannons new seeker after all."

I roll my eyes. Scorp had recently made the Cannons team as their new seeker. I was unbelievably proud of him, as was my Dad (who now decided that Scorp was like the long-lost son he never had. Hugo wasn't all that impressed).

"I will still kick your arse."

"Bring it."

And do I. I launch myself over the bed and tackle Scorp, knocking him off his feet. Before he can react I pin him down to the ground, putting either leg on the side of his hips and bring the pillow down on his face, smothering his yells of protest. I hit him again in the side of his head and screech as he snatches the pillow from me as I try and hit him. I push myself off him fast and bolt for our bedroom door.

My hand is around the doorknob ready to turn it to escape, but strong arms wrap themselves around me and yank me away from the door.

Scorp laughs in my ear, as I squirm trying to rid myself of his grasp. He lifts me up with no effort and tosses me on the bed. Scorp grabs a pillow and raises it above his head sending me a wink before he hits me with it.

"Ouch!" I yell holding my nose.

Scorp drops the pillow instantly and hops on the bed next to me gently grabbing my face in his hands, as I hide my nose from his view.

"I'm sorry Flare. Are you okay?" He asks worriedly.

I nod and shove him down on the bed, bolting for the bedroom door yelling "SUCKER!" over my shoulders as I do. I race down the hallway and into the kitchen. I slide over the island and land behind it without making a sound. I don't hear Scorp coming so I open the fridge quickly and grab anything I could spray at him.

I pile my weapons behind the island and squat down, with an open bottle of ketchup in my hand ready to get him. I wait and wait and wait some more. I sigh when I realize he isn't coming and get up to put everything away. Once everything is put away I sulk back to the bedroom ready to yell at Scorp for ruining my fun.