Chapter 20: Rose

Have you ever done something you regret? Or think you regret but you aren't really sure that you actually regret it? Well I have.

Damien and I went on our date and I had a great time. He got special permission to bring me to Diagon Alley where we first met and then he brought us to the ice cream shop, but instead of getting ice cream he conjured up a romantic dinner. We sat and talked about everything. I learned the little quirks about him and he did the same with me. When we finished dinner he brought me back to the castle and we laid out under the stars pointing out our favorite constellations. He kissed me under the stars before he ended the night. It was the best (and only) date I've ever gone on. It was perfect, although I loved it I could help but think about him. when we talked about the stars. Scorp loves the stars.

Scorpius and I were just like before. We were friends. We didn't bring up the fight or the almost kiss and it has been over two months since that happened. Two bloody months.

"Rose have you finished your charms essay?" Scorp yawned next to me.

Oh ya and he never called me Flare anymore.

"Of course."

"Can I see it?"

"Can't you do it yourself?" I harshly mutter, but hand it over anyway.

The library was practically empty today, except for Scorp, me and a few Hufflepuffs. Everyone else was probably outside enjoying their free period. I had a lot of homework to finish, so decided I'd stay inside. Damien joined his house quidditch team and had practice today and wouldn't be able to spend time with me until after that. Scorp didn't have practice until later, so he volunteered to come study with me.

Scorp looks over my essay before handing it back to me, our fingers brushing against one another for a brief second erupting the shocks in my arm. I yank back my hand and ignore his gaze.

"So how are things with Dominic?" Scorp inquires.

I let my lips form a small smile. He could never seem to get Damien's name right and I knew that he knew it.

"Damien." I correct. "And they are great." I fib.

I did like Damien, but we never did anything exciting. We only ever talked about books and homework. It was getting really boring, but the more time I spent with Damien the more I forgot about Scorp. It was a slow process and it never lasted long, but I would forget my feelings for a few minutes. When you love someone do those feelings ever go away? I really hope so.

"Can I see your D.A. assignment." Scorp requested.

"What would you do without me?" I tease handing him my completely finished assignment. I shyly smile up at him as he returns my smile.

"I seriously don't know Flare."

My mouth hangs open at his words as my heart pace speeds up. He called me Flare. I open my mouth to say something, I'm not sure what, but something.

"Hello Darling." A deep voice greets behind me. Damien plants a kiss on my cheek and scoots a chair up beside me.

"Hi." I reply, not taking my eyes of Scorp who had dropped his head to stare back at his own homeowork.

"How's the homework coming?"

"Its going good. How was practice?"

"It was good. You're coming to my match tomorrow right?"

"Ya, but I can't really cheer for you." 

"Why?"

"Because you'll be playing Gryffindor and I don't pick favorites." I reason.