Chapter 25: Grandmothers

Rose POV

My cheeks hurt. A lot. What they say about Grandmothers is true. They really do enjoy pinching your cheeks.

"Grandma I'm fine." I assure her for what felt like the millionth time. After I woke up this morning, I've had visitors all day. My parents came in the morning and soon after them Grandma Molly burst through the doors, her arms full of all my favorite sweets. I barely had time to get a word out, before she was shoving sweets down my throat and wrapping her plump arms around my body. I thought dad was going to need to get a crowbar to get her off of me. She cried into my shoulders until I reassured her a hundred times that I was going to be okay. She wasn't convinced but she let me go anyway and continues to feed me sweets saying I'm far to thin.

"Don't lie to me young lady!" She scolds sternly, wrapping a quilt around me.

I roll my eyes. "I'm not lying!" I try to tell her, but she shushes me and continues to read me a story from a children's book. I glance at my Dad, who is trying so hard not to laugh in the corner, and silently beg him to help me.

"Mum, Rose is fine. Just leave her be." Dad says, taking pity on me.

The glare she sends his way, has him sitting down in his seat and his mouth glued shut.

"Traitor." I mouth at him. He simply shrugs his shoulders and goes back to reading the stack of files he brought with him.

Grandma Molly hand feeds me soup for the next hour, insisting that it would strain me to much to life the spoon to my mouth. I'm saved when Al and Scorpius walk in for their daily visit.

"Ello Grandma." Al says cheerfully, strutting in with Scorpius on his heels. "Uncle Ron." He greets with a curt nod. "Where is Aunt Mione?"

"She had to head back to work. Being the Minister is a full time job you know." Dad chuckles.

"Hey Flare. How are yo-" Scorp tries to ask, but Grandma Molly descends on them like a hungry wolf. She takes Al and Scorp and pulls them in for a bone crushing hug.

I giggle as Scorp's face turns a dark shade of red and Al's starts to turn a little blue from the lack of oxygen.

Grandma Molly starts crying and saying incoherent thank yous.

"Mum calm down. If you squeeze the boys any harder they'll end up on the bed next to Rose's."

"Ronald Weasley don't you dare tell me what to do!" She shouts at him, but loosens her hold on the boys.

"Grandma it was no big deal. We kind of like Rose, so we couldn't leave her lying in the forest." Al jokes, getting Grandma to laugh a little.

"Ya, Mr. Weasley may have had our hind ends if we did." Scorp adds, glancing nervously at my dad, as if he too would get a scolding.

Scorp has always fit in well with my family and claims all of them as his own family, but he still calls dad Mr. Weasley. I've never asked why.

"You can count on that." Dad agrees.

"Uh Dad, Grandma would you two mind going around and getting some of my school work right now? I don't want to be to far behind when I finally get out of here. I've already missed over two weeks and I can't really afford to miss anymore." I ask, giving both of them a pleading look.

"Just like her mother." Dad chuckles under his breath.

"Rose you need to rest, school work will only cause you stress." Grandma says.

"On the contrary getting my school work done will only relieve the stress I'm feeling, because I don't have any of it done." I argue back.

"Come on mum." Dad says, getting up. "She'll be just fine."