Chapter 26: More Then A Mate

Who knew seven little words could send such a chill up my spine. Uncle Harry continues to talk about the investigation and how they came to make the arrest, but I don't hear him. The world has faded around me, making everyone appear like little blobs. All eyes are trained Uncle Harry as he recalls the parts leading up to catching the criminal, but not Scorp's. His eyes bore down into mine deeply, silently asking me if I'm alright. I nod my head and break our gaze.

"The man that did this to you Rose is an old enemy of ours from school. He was a former Death Eater, that until now we thought had died sometime during the Wizarding War, but we found evidence leading us to believe differently. Teddy assisted in the case and we eventually found him hiding away in an abandon mansion deep in Algeria."

"Who Uncle Harry?" I ask.

"Gregory Goyle."

The name sends a shiver of fear coursing through my veins. Scorp stiffens beside me, at the mention of the name, as Al tightens his fist in anger.

"Father said he was dead." Scorp states, through clenched teeth.

"As did we." Uncle Harry confirms.

"So you have him now? He's locked up?" I question.

"Yes. He is rotting away in Azkaban, where he can never harm you again Rose." Dad assures me, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder. Dad's gaze shifts from to Scorp and down to our hands. Outrage makes up his face and I have to rid of the giggle that arises in my throat threatening to come out. "No. Absolutely not." He scolds, taking my arm and forcing my hand out of Scorp's.

Scorp's eyes widen and he immediately stands up from the bed, like it was on fire.

"What Dad?" I ask innocently, not letting my face reveal anything.

"That. You. Him. Hands." He says, so angry completing more than a single word was difficult.

Scorp cautiously steps further away from my father and casually goes to stand behind Al. What a Gryffindor.

"Ron calm down." Uncle Harry commands, not understand anything Dad was trying to say.

Dad has never seemed to like Scorp, which I've always found funny, but never had I thought he'd act so cruel toward Scorp, simply because we were holding hands.

"Dad Scorp and I are just friends." I tell him, only to calm him down and to stop his crazy antics.

Al chuckles quietly as Scorp scoffs and folds his arms.

Dad witnesses this and presumes to mumble incoherent sentences.

"Grandma maybe you should take Dad outside. Uncle Harry has some questions to ask me and the sooner he asks them the sooner I can rest." I bat my eyelashes at her, adding that last part knowing she couldn't disagree.

"Lets go Ronald." Grandma Molly demands, grabbing Dad by his ear and drags him out.

Uncle Harry chuckles as Dad whines and tries to yank away from her grasp.

"Just like old times." He mutters before shaking his head and turning back to me. "Rose are you ready to answer my questions?"

Before I can even nod, Scorp and Al are on either side of me. Al with an arm wrapped protectively around my shoulders and Scorp with a hand on my knee, sending sparks shooting through me.

I smile up at both of them and relish on the fact that these two were my every things. Why was I being so stubborn when Al told me all those months ago to go for it? I know now that even if Scorp and I don't work our friendship would still be intact. Our friendship runs too deep for it to be ruined so quickly.