Chapter 3: Slumber Party

Alice 🔝

ROSE POV

It must be my lucky day. Professor McGonagall hasn't yelled at me yet for turning Ash's nose into a trunk, but there is still time left in the day.

I don't see Scorpius and Al again until lunch, but being as we are all in different houses we can't sit by one another, so I sit next to Alice who shockingly doesn't have a book in her hand or glasses on her face. She only needed the glasses to read. I guess if she doesn't have a book she doesn't have glasses and when she doesn't have either of those it takes me a while to spot her out in a crowd.

"Have you seen my friend Alice? She has short blonde hair, I'm not really sure what her face looks like though, because it is always in some book." I joke swinging my legs over the bench to sit next to her.

"Haha very funny." She laughs with no really amusement in her voice. "And who is this strange girl beside me? Is that Rose Weasley? I didn't even recognize you without two certain boys attached to her hips."

"You're hilarious," I say, scrunching my nose at her and resisting the urge to stick my tongue out at her like a child.

"Are you coming to our study group tonight? You've missed the past two nights."

"No I'm not, but that's alright I've been studying with Lily."

She pauses. "He fancies Lily." Instantly knowing she is talking about Daniel Smith. I bite my lip, guiltily. Lily was a year younger than us, and absolutely gorgeous. She looked exactly like Auntie Ginny when she was younger. Of course Lily wasn't interested, she had been dating Lysander for the past two years, and by the way the acted around one another it didn't appear they would break up anytime soon, but still Alice has fancied Daniel all year, but being so shy, she's never said more than five words to him.

"Are you sure he fancies her? I mean maybe he is just trying to make you jealous."

"Trust me he isn't. He always mixes up my name. It's hey Ashley, or Alexis, and once he even called me Gene. Where did he even get Gene?" She slumps her shoulders in defeat.

"Hey it's okay." I put down my food, and slip a comforting arm around her shoulder. "He's too much of an idiot to see how amazing you are. It's his loss." She glances up at me.

"I wish I could be more like you Rose. You have guys chasing after you." She lays her head on the table.

"No I don't. Maybe you don't remember, but I've never even been asked out by a boy."

"That doesn't stop them from admiring you from afar, and what about Ash he asks you out every time he sees you."

"Ash doesn't count." I object. "He asks everyone out."

"Not me." She moans.

"Alice enough of this pity party. You do not need a boy to make you happy. All you need are your friends and some good books." I tell her sternly.

She lifts her head from her arms. "I suppose you are right."

"How about tonight we hang out? We will do something fun." I suggest.

"That's okay Rose. I know you've got that Weasley, Potter sleepover thing tonight."

"Oh I forgot about that."

Every Friday night, all the remaining Weasleys and Potters meet up in the room of requirements, and have a slumber party. "Why don't you come with me?"

"No I don't want to intrude." She waves her hands shaking off my suggestion.

"You won't be intruding, Scorpius comes to every one of our sleepovers, and Lysander comes sometimes. Although James does always makes sure Lysander and Lily are on the opposite ends of the rooms at all times. Please come Alice." I plead.